Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 20:18 - Dec 16 with 3250 viewsjonnysuave

Is it wrong to suggest he is looking a better and better player as the season rolls on?

Dozzell on 20:40 - Dec 16 with 3202 viewsleftback

Mick mills touched on it the other day, needs to play higher up the pitch to really do some damage
Dozzell on 22:39 - Dec 16 with 2970 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Shouldn't all players under the age of 30 be improving with experience? Of course, it is not always a smooth progression, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dozzell on 22:48 - Dec 16 with 2948 viewsMrTown

Dozzell is not a holding midfielder! Another thing so blatant in front of Lambert it’s ‘incredible’ as he would say.

Dozzell is lovely around the opposition final third, and that’s where he likes to play his football - look at Jackson chance yesterday, beautiful intricate football.

However, when the move breaks down around the box, who is that shield in front of the back four for the counter attack? No one.

It leaves gaping holes between back four and midfield, it causes defenders to step out of the line to put pressure on the ball because there is no midfielder doing it.

In essence we need a disciplined anchor, a younger Cole Skuse.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dozzell on 08:42 - Dec 17 with 2701 viewslazyblue

The lad is a class act , he thinks to fast for most of the team.
Dozzell on 09:10 - Dec 17 with 2631 viewsPinewoodblue

Dozzell on 08:42 - Dec 17 by lazyblue

The lad is a class act , he thinks to fast for most of the team.

Dozzell would play further up the pitch if, like other teams that keep playing it across the back four, the back four moved themselves forward.

He has to stay back to make himself available.

This is just another example of the coaching issues at the club.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dozzell on 09:10 - Dec 17 with 2628 viewsBlue12345

Dozzell on 20:40 - Dec 16 by leftback

Mick mills touched on it the other day, needs to play higher up the pitch to really do some damage

Or better phrased, get up and down the pitch.
Dozzell on 10:13 - Dec 17 with 2570 viewschrismakin

Dozzell on 20:40 - Dec 16 by leftback

at the top of a 4-4-2 diamond for me

Dobra to the right, bennetts to the left,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dozzell on 10:18 - Dec 17 with 2532 viewsChrisd

He's played as a deep lying midfielder throughout his Town career, but he's certainly got the tools to hurt teams higher up the pitch.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 13:10 - Dec 17 with 2394 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Dozzell on 22:48 - Dec 16 by MrTown

Dozzell is not a holding midfielder! Another thing so blatant in front of Lambert it’s ‘incredible’ as he would say.

Dozzell is lovely around the opposition final third, and that’s where he likes to play his football - look at Jackson chance yesterday, beautiful intricate football.

However, when the move breaks down around the box, who is that shield in front of the back four for the counter attack? No one.

It leaves gaping holes between back four and midfield, it causes defenders to step out of the line to put pressure on the ball because there is no midfielder doing it.

Depends on how you define a holding midfielder I suppose. To my mind he is a deep lying playmaker along the lines of a Jan Molby. A holding midfielder can tackle imo, which is his main weakness as he’s a walking yellow card at the minute.

It’s a bit harsh to criticise Lambert for playing him in the position that he’s been used by his country!

Poll: Our final position

Dozzell on 13:19 - Dec 17 with 2354 viewsclive_baker

Dozzell on 22:48 - Dec 16 by MrTown

I think he's been shoehorned in there in the absence of Skuse or Downes. Ideally he's much further forward, but for his development it's probably not a bad thing to develop this side of his game, it just doesn't help us in terms of creativity. The highlight where Dozzell and Judge are on the edge of the box off Hawkins in the 1st half on Tuesday, quick 1-2 and slip in Jackson who has his right footed shot turned behind, its scary how quickly a bit of play like that has become so uncharacteristically Ipswich.

Dozzell has real potential, I can't wait until Downes is back and AD can take the handbrake off a little.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dozzell on 13:23 - Dec 17 with 2337 viewsclive_baker

Dozzell on 13:10 - Dec 17 by southnorfolkblue

Depends on how you define a holding midfielder I suppose. To my mind he is a deep lying playmaker along the lines of a Jan Molby. A holding midfielder can tackle imo, which is his main weakness as he’s a walking yellow card at the minute.

It’s a bit harsh to criticise Lambert for playing him in the position that he’s been used by his country!

I think there's too much onus on Dozzell defensively, where he's frail. I don't mind him in that playmaker role, roaming, if he's got that enforcer in there with him who can take the defensive responsibility off him. None of Nolan, Bishop, Judge, Dobra etc offer that.

Dozzell on 13:32 - Dec 17 with 2295 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell on 13:23 - Dec 17 by clive_baker

I think there's too much onus on Dozzell defensively, where he's frail. I don't mind him in that playmaker role, roaming, if he's got that enforcer in there with him who can take the defensive responsibility off him. None of Nolan, Bishop, Judge, Dobra etc offer that.

I thought Huws really helped with that on Tuesday, and against not much competition, was his best game for a while for us. Presence in the mdfield, got forward well to support attack (and obviously scored the goal) and allowed AD a bit more freedom to push on

Was very much a 4231 rather than what we have been set up previously as

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell on 13:39 - Dec 17 with 2266 viewsclive_baker

Dozzell on 13:32 - Dec 17 by itfcjoe

I thought Huws really helped with that on Tuesday, and against not much competition, was his best game for a while for us. Presence in the mdfield, got forward well to support attack (and obviously scored the goal) and allowed AD a bit more freedom to push on

Was very much a 4231 rather than what we have been set up previously as

I didn't watch but Huws seems to be reinventing himself as that more defensive enforcer. If it gives Dozzell the protection there to push on slightly that's a good thing. Huws' issue is he's looked comfortable enough against lowly opposition where he's had plenty of time on the ball, but been found wanting against the better sides (Doncaster away was a car crash). Be interesting to see if he can kick on Saturday.

Dozzell on 13:45 - Dec 17 with 2243 viewsTractorJack

I do think he'd be best suited in a 4231 next to a Skuse type and a genuine number 10 ahead of him. We want him to be involved in as many phases of play as possible. At the moment there's too much of a burden on him to progress from deep and he's often not had the quality ahead of him who can actually retain it in dangerous areas.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 13:45]
Dozzell on 14:03 - Dec 17 with 2199 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Dozzell on 13:23 - Dec 17 by clive_baker

Totally agree. He will be even better with Downes alongside him.

Poll: Our final position

Dozzell on 14:15 - Dec 17 with 2166 viewsBLUEBEAT

I doubt he’ll still be here February.

Poll: W or W

Dozzell on 14:18 - Dec 17 with 2165 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah he's shown what he's capable of for sure but for me he still needs to play higher up the pitch

Not his fault but the whole team needs to play higher up the pitch

This keeping possession is great ....when it's in their half pinning the opposition back ala Liverpool last night

We do it in our own half pinning ourselves in ffs

McGuinness actually broke the line a couple of times the other night and the pitch opened up massively .Need to rake more risks but yeah really please for Andre this season

Poll: If it were one or the other

"We do it in our own half pinning ourselves in ffs" on 14:54 - Dec 17 with 2129 viewsDyland

Dozzell on 14:18 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah he's shown what he's capable of for sure but for me he still needs to play higher up the pitch

Not his fault but the whole team needs to play higher up the pitch

This keeping possession is great ....when it's in their half pinning the opposition back ala Liverpool last night

We do it in our own half pinning ourselves in ffs

McGuinness actually broke the line a couple of times the other night and the pitch opened up massively .Need to rake more risks but yeah really please for Andre this season

Indeed. And arf!

Got to laugh innit, it's Christmas.

What a year.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dozzell on 08:55 - Dec 18 with 1876 viewsBryanPlug

Dozzell on 14:15 - Dec 17 by BLUEBEAT

I doubt he’ll still be here February.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Dozzell on 08:58 - Dec 18 with 1873 viewsgordon

Should be playing in a far more advance role like others have said - he's really good in attacking positions but his tackling & positional sense aren't really good enough to sit in front of the back four.

He isn't really like a Jim Magilton who also got stuck in, made interceptions, tackles etc as well as the range of passing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024