Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU 09:16 - Dec 25 with 4278 viewsKeno

It’s been years since the last one
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 22:33]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 09:43 - Dec 25 with 3530 viewsbluejacko

Bored are we?
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 09:45 - Dec 25 with 3526 viewsKeno

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 09:43 - Dec 25 by bluejacko

Bored are we?

It’s Christmas and I wanted to bring forth some topical discussion

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 09:58 - Dec 25 with 3498 viewsFreddies_Ears

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 09:45 - Dec 25 by Keno

It’s Christmas and I wanted to bring forth some topical discussion

Let's leave any referendum until the whole sh1tsh0w has played out. 6 months should do it.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:18 - Dec 25 with 3469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aside from the division it will cause, I suspect that by the time it was done and dusted we probably won't hit the economic stability criteria to be eligible.

Let the real damage become absolutely clear and have the majority of leavers own their mistake. Only then is it worth trying.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:34 - Dec 25 with 3456 viewsBlueBadger

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:18 - Dec 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Aside from the division it will cause, I suspect that by the time it was done and dusted we probably won't hit the economic stability criteria to be eligible.

Let the real damage become absolutely clear and have the majority of leavers own their mistake. Only then is it worth trying.

They'll never admit it was a mistake. It will forever be the fault of remoaners not Getting Behind Their Country and foreigners that it's a failure from the word go.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 10:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:44 - Dec 25 with 3429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:34 - Dec 25 by BlueBadger

They'll never admit it was a mistake. It will forever be the fault of remoaners not Getting Behind Their Country and foreigners that it's a failure from the word go.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 10:44]

Those who pushed for it and will gain from it, yes. Hopefully, sufficient of those who suffer from it will realise the mistake and (even if it is begrudgingly) accept that we need to rejoin.

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:45 - Dec 25 with 3425 viewsBlueBadger

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:44 - Dec 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Those who pushed for it and will gain from it, yes. Hopefully, sufficient of those who suffer from it will realise the mistake and (even if it is begrudgingly) accept that we need to rejoin.

They'll be the worst on doubling-down. They'll accept the lies of those who HAVE benefitted unquestioningly. Because they'll have been sold the line that 'red tape free Britain' now offers more opportunity and if you just work hard and keep your head down you'll some day be like them.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 10:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:55 - Dec 25 with 3401 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:45 - Dec 25 by BlueBadger

They'll be the worst on doubling-down. They'll accept the lies of those who HAVE benefitted unquestioningly. Because they'll have been sold the line that 'red tape free Britain' now offers more opportunity and if you just work hard and keep your head down you'll some day be like them.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 10:46]

Unfortunately you are probably right.

Login to get fewer ads

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 13:34 - Dec 25 with 3257 viewsScuzzer

GENERAL!

Established 1968

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 13:35 - Dec 25 with 3256 viewsKeno

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 13:34 - Dec 25 by Scuzzer

GENERAL!

Well it does have an effect on football so ...

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 15:07 - Dec 25 with 3181 viewsTieDyedIn95

I wouldn't bet on us rejoining if the last decades election and referendum results are to go by. The only upswing is at least now the Tories can't hide their inaction and failings on things such as boarder control and immigration on the EU anymore, which will anger their electorate nor can they blame their own inaction or failure as a Government on the laws coming from the EU. It's all them thus all their fault. Have fun!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 15:16 - Dec 25 with 3173 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nope. Maybe there will be one in a generation. But not in the near future

1) the markets have certainty now which they haven’t had for near on 5 years. Any referendum, as well as the the inevitable attempts to block it, lengthy accession period etc will just create years more financial instability.

2) We would be forced into the Euro which would involve giving up control of monetary policy to the European Central Bank.

3) After this, the EU probably wouldn’t want us any way!
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 17:32 - Dec 25 with 3103 viewsTJS

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 15:16 - Dec 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Nope. Maybe there will be one in a generation. But not in the near future

1) the markets have certainty now which they haven’t had for near on 5 years. Any referendum, as well as the the inevitable attempts to block it, lengthy accession period etc will just create years more financial instability.

2) We would be forced into the Euro which would involve giving up control of monetary policy to the European Central Bank.

3) After this, the EU probably wouldn’t want us any way!

I’m not convinced the EU would force us to join the Euro. Poland, Czech Rep and Sweden are not in it either and don’t look joining.
However we would have lost our rebate so it probably would cost about 350m a week to rejoin.
I don’t think that would be an easy sell to the British public even if our economy shrinks by the predicted 4%.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 21:11 - Dec 25 with 2929 viewsshamboy

The problem is that for their own interests, the Tories have decided to nail their flag to the American mast, rather than the European one. As an inevitable consequence, when it comes to information, lies have as much validity as truth, sometimes more. Therefore can we ever look forward to having a reasonably well-informed electorate? I think not.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 21:28 - Dec 25 with 2899 viewsMoriarty

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 17:32 - Dec 25 by TJS

I’m not convinced the EU would force us to join the Euro. Poland, Czech Rep and Sweden are not in it either and don’t look joining.
However we would have lost our rebate so it probably would cost about 350m a week to rejoin.
I don’t think that would be an easy sell to the British public even if our economy shrinks by the predicted 4%.

I think if ye were to rejoin some of derogations you previously had would be gone, including currency.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 21:30]

fka omuircheartaigh

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:36 - Dec 26 with 2675 viewslowhouseblue

surely we should have one every year. it could become a christmas eve tradition to mark the anniversary of the 'boris deal' with the queen announcing whether we'll be in or out for the coming year as part of her speech.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:42 - Dec 26 with 2651 viewsPinewoodblue

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 15:07 - Dec 25 by TieDyedIn95

I wouldn't bet on us rejoining if the last decades election and referendum results are to go by. The only upswing is at least now the Tories can't hide their inaction and failings on things such as boarder control and immigration on the EU anymore, which will anger their electorate nor can they blame their own inaction or failure as a Government on the laws coming from the EU. It's all them thus all their fault. Have fun!

Boarder control will be an impossible tasks especially if you include every B&B.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:45 - Dec 26 with 2642 viewsDubtractor

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:36 - Dec 26 by lowhouseblue

surely we should have one every year. it could become a christmas eve tradition to mark the anniversary of the 'boris deal' with the queen announcing whether we'll be in or out for the coming year as part of her speech.

This idea has legs. We could treat the ceremony a bit like when a c list celebrity turns on the Christmas Lights in Blackpool every year - it is just an essential part of Christmas.

So rather than the queen announcing it, it could be someone like the chuckle brother that's still alive, or Andi Peters.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:53 - Dec 26 with 2617 viewsgordon

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 10:45 - Dec 26 by Dubtractor

This idea has legs. We could treat the ceremony a bit like when a c list celebrity turns on the Christmas Lights in Blackpool every year - it is just an essential part of Christmas.

So rather than the queen announcing it, it could be someone like the chuckle brother that's still alive, or Andi Peters.

We could have a 'Burning the Barnier' Christmas eve party, where everyone in the village gets to eat 3% of a Cod over a 6 year period to celebrate our great negotiating win.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 11:51 - Dec 26 with 2555 viewsgazzer1999

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 21:11 - Dec 25 by shamboy

The problem is that for their own interests, the Tories have decided to nail their flag to the American mast, rather than the European one. As an inevitable consequence, when it comes to information, lies have as much validity as truth, sometimes more. Therefore can we ever look forward to having a reasonably well-informed electorate? I think not.

Well that lovely Mr Biden is going to be president in January and everything in the world is going to be immediately tickety boo, so we should be ok.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 11:57 - Dec 26 with 2531 viewsKeno

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 11:51 - Dec 26 by gazzer1999

Well that lovely Mr Biden is going to be president in January and everything in the world is going to be immediately tickety boo, so we should be ok.

Obviously the world will be better, he's Irish

Everything is better when run by an Irishman (unless the Irishman in question is Roy Keane obviously)

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 12:02 - Dec 26 with 2520 viewsgazzer1999

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 11:57 - Dec 26 by Keno

Everything is better when run by an Irishman (unless the Irishman in question is Roy Keane obviously)

In that case the presidential contest is void, I thought you had to be born in the US to be president. Blimey don't tell Trump he will be getting the removal lorries cancelled.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 12:06 - Dec 26 with 2501 viewsKeno

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 12:02 - Dec 26 by gazzer1999

In that case the presidential contest is void, I thought you had to be born in the US to be president. Blimey don't tell Trump he will be getting the removal lorries cancelled.

Joe Biden is as Irish and the next world beating South African rugby player

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 20:22 - Dec 26 with 2349 viewsEireannach_gorm

Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 11:57 - Dec 26 by Keno

...... he's from Cork ( a wannabe breakaway southern enclave ) so doesn't count.
Who agrees we should have a referendum on rejoining the EU on 20:33 - Dec 26 with 2334 viewsPJH

Yeah why not?

I did not vote in the last one because I was on holiday (I know that I could have done a postal vote).

Don't know if I voted in 1975 for The Common Market thingy either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024