Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucy Allan MP 16:23 - Dec 29 with 4992 viewstractordownsouth

The Telford MP, whose' greatest hits include fabricating death threats and tweeting doctored videos of Keir Starmer from a far right troll account, has made a bit of a tit of herself on Twitter this morning.

She's been playing down the impact of Covid by retweeting that fewer people without underlying conditions have died from covid than from road accidents. Only problem with that is that underlying conditions includes stuff like eczema and asthma, so discounts a massive chunk of the population and that you can't catch a road accident.

To top it off, she started moaning about being silenced as soon as people criticised her. She's got to be one of the worst, even in the current Tory party.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lucy Allan MP on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 1058 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:09 - Dec 29 by footers

...said the hardcore Brexiteer, covid-superspreader.

Hardcore Brexiteer - yes, thanks for the compliment
Covid super spreader - certainly not and you have no basis for that accusation

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:14 - Dec 29 with 1079 viewsBlueBadger

Lucy Allan MP on 19:00 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

You are obsessed

I'm just looking for answers, man.

'Because he's a good chap' seems like a pretty poor reason for voting for bunch of incompetent sociopaths, bigots and loons led by the bigoted incompetent, etc with the worst hair and most appearances on HIGNFY, tbh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lucy Allan MP on 19:15 - Dec 29 with 1067 viewsSpruceMoose

Lucy Allan MP on 19:13 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

Hardcore Brexiteer - yes, thanks for the compliment
Covid super spreader - certainly not and you have no basis for that accusation

Reckon Jimmy Hill's chin is itching right about now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lucy Allan MP on 19:16 - Dec 29 with 1040 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:15 - Dec 29 by SpruceMoose

Reckon Jimmy Hill's chin is itching right about now.

You don’t like me - fine
You don’t like my politics - also fine
You can’t just make up that I’m a Covid super spreader though

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:18 - Dec 29 with 1041 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucy Allan MP on 19:16 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

You don’t like me - fine

You just don't understand the context and don't like him saying it because it doesn't fit your world view.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lucy Allan MP on 19:20 - Dec 29 with 1035 viewsSpruceMoose

Lucy Allan MP on 19:16 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

You don’t like me - fine

I dunno man... You obviously don't care about anyone other than yourself in day to day life so I feel pretty comfortable working under the assumption that you don't give a crap about anyone else in regards to Covid either - and your own tales of pissed up pub crawls and lads bantz holidays don't do you many favours.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 19:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lucy Allan MP on 19:20 - Dec 29 with 1018 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:18 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

You just don't understand the context and don't like him saying it because it doesn't fit your world view.

No, it’s actually quite offensive, especially as my Nan is currently in hospital with Covid (before any of you say anything I haven’t seen her since February as she’s been in a home).

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:21 - Dec 29 with 1022 viewsfooters

Lucy Allan MP on 19:20 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

No, it’s actually quite offensive, especially as my Nan is currently in hospital with Covid (before any of you say anything I haven’t seen her since February as she’s been in a home).

It's only important when it affects you, yet again.

Slow clap.

Paz, you're an idiot.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 19:22]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Lucy Allan MP on 19:22 - Dec 29 with 1021 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm going to say it. Yet another example of Paz only caring about something when it impacts him directly.

Lucy Allan MP on 19:23 - Dec 29 with 993 viewsvapour_trail

Sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better quickly.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lucy Allan MP on 19:24 - Dec 29 with 979 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:23 - Dec 29 by vapour_trail

Sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better quickly.

Thanks mate, appreciated

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:24 - Dec 29 with 996 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Lucy Allan MP on 19:14 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

I'm just looking for answers, man.

'Because he's a good chap' seems like a pretty poor reason for voting for bunch of incompetent sociopaths, bigots and loons led by the bigoted incompetent, etc with the worst hair and most appearances on HIGNFY, tbh.

Now now Mr Badger, we can't all be blessed with such a wonderful hairstyle as you possess. We are all aware that your looks are your greatest asset. Oh and surely Mr Armstrong has made more appearances that Mr Johnson. Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from far more than that it is poured into. Mr Paz has got to you hasn't he....
Lucy Allan MP on 19:36 - Dec 29 with 948 viewsm14_blue

Sorry to hear that Paz and hope she recovers fully and quickly.

All the more reason for this total embarrassment of an MP to keep her mouth shut about things she clearly doesn’t understand though, you may not mind but many thousands of people are in your position across the country and will be raging.
Lucy Allan MP on 19:41 - Dec 29 with 916 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:36 - Dec 29 by m14_blue

Sorry to hear that Paz and hope she recovers fully and quickly.

All the more reason for this total embarrassment of an MP to keep her mouth shut about things she clearly doesn’t understand though, you may not mind but many thousands of people are in your position across the country and will be raging.

Thank you for your kind words
I personally wouldn’t take any offence at what she’s said, my Nan has Alzheimer’s so would definitely fall into the category of serious underlying conditions.
I think she could have been a lot more tactful with her wording though.

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 19:42 - Dec 29 with 930 viewsm14_blue

Lucy Allan MP on 19:41 - Dec 29 by 26_Paz

Thank you for your kind words
I personally wouldn’t take any offence at what she’s said, my Nan has Alzheimer’s so would definitely fall into the category of serious underlying conditions.
I think she could have been a lot more tactful with her wording though.

Difficult one for you to deal with in so many ways I guess.

Presume you’re not able to visit?
Lucy Allan MP on 19:46 - Dec 29 with 902 views26_Paz

Lucy Allan MP on 19:42 - Dec 29 by m14_blue

Difficult one for you to deal with in so many ways I guess.

Presume you’re not able to visit?

No not at all. She was in a home so couldn’t visit even before hospital. She was allowed some visits over summer but limited to my mum and uncle only.
Heard from the hospital today and she’s doing good but at 89 obviously not counting any chickens yet.

The Paz Man

Lucy Allan MP on 20:20 - Dec 29 with 885 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 19:01 - Dec 29 by vapour_trail

I’m not sure that assumption can be automatically made actually.

I have now downloaded the data myself and there is a tab that lists the underlying health conditions ...

Received treatment for a Mental Health condition 3%
Learning Disability and or Autism 1%
Asthma 7%
Chronic Kidney Disease 16%
Chronic Neurological Disorder 3%
Chronic Pulmonary Disease 16%
Dementia 17%
Diabetes 26%
Rheumatological Disorder 3%
Ischaemic Heart Disease 14%
Other 72%

... these all look like things that would be linked to Covid, other than the relatively low mental health figures, but frustratingly there is 72% lumped under "Other" so really we are none the wiser.

I don't know why NHS England would include things that have no relevance to Covid, such as Eczema, in their official figures. Would the very organisation that it is at risk of being swamped be trying to underplay the epidemic? That large "Other" figure suggests that could be the case.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:21]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lucy Allan MP on 20:22 - Dec 29 with 865 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope she gets well very soon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lucy Allan MP on 20:29 - Dec 29 with 850 viewsvapour_trail

Lucy Allan MP on 20:20 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

I have now downloaded the data myself and there is a tab that lists the underlying health conditions ...

Asthma 7%
Dementia 17%
Diabetes 26%
Other 72%

... these all look like things that would be linked to Covid, other than the relatively low mental health figures, but frustratingly there is 72% lumped under "Other" so really we are none the wiser.

I don't know why NHS England would include things that have no relevance to Covid, such as Eczema, in their official figures. Would the very organisation that it is at risk of being swamped be trying to underplay the epidemic? That large "Other" figure suggests that could be the case.

Hmm. The size of the other figure does make it very difficult to take too much from it.

The NHS seem very keen to talk up the seriousness of the situation currently.

The government from day 1 were very keen to labour the point that people dying had underlying health conditions. I read it as an attempt by them to deflect focus onto other issues less able to be controlled, as numbers of fatalities started to climb. That might just be my inherent distrust of the government though.

Edit: also, to be fair, there was little knowledge at an early point on which conditions covid would exacerbate. So my kids were initially advised to shield completely due to a condition that we now know doesn’t increase risk for them.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 20:32]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lucy Allan MP on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 838 viewsPhilTWTD

Lucy Allan MP on 20:20 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

Asthma 7%
Dementia 17%
Diabetes 26%
Other 72%

Lucy Allan MP on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 773 viewsjeera

Lucy Allan MP on 19:24 - Dec 29 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Now now Mr Badger, we can't all be blessed with such a wonderful hairstyle as you possess. We are all aware that your looks are your greatest asset. Oh and surely Mr Armstrong has made more appearances that Mr Johnson. Anger hurts the vessel it is poured from far more than that it is poured into. Mr Paz has got to you hasn't he....

Given your repeated snidey remarks and weird sans context down-voting, that's a bit rich coming from you 'new poster'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lucy Allan MP on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 766 viewsSeablu

Lucy Allan MP on 19:24 - Dec 29 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Blimey, it can type.
Drive a taxi by any chance?
Asking for a friend, naturally.
Lucy Allan MP on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 756 viewsjeera

Lucy Allan MP on 21:02 - Dec 29 by Seablu

Blimey, it can type.
Drive a taxi by any chance?
Asking for a friend, naturally.

It's made a few half-decent football posts yet has this tendency to target a particular section of posters whom it deems to be 'liberal lefties'.

If it kept to the football, which it seems to care about, then everyone would stand a better chance of getting along.

As it stands, it seems to get a hard-on for causing bad feeling where there should be none.

Lucy Allan MP on 21:06 - Dec 29 with 749 viewsTrequartista

Lucy Allan MP on 20:34 - Dec 29 by PhilTWTD

Thanks, and apologies to KievTheGreat who already posted that, but i didn't look past the first tweet as i thought when excess deaths were mentioned, we weren't talking about the same thing.

Assuming (that word again), that the ONS definition is the same as the NHS England definition, that appears to be a large list, but not being a doctor, I couldn't possible say which ones are covid related or not.

The tweeter seems keen to emphasise which diseases would not cause covid alone, perhaps in riposte to those putting forward the argument of "would have died anyway", but to me the question of if NHS England are giving out misleading figures when they present figures filtered by underlying health conditions, is do these conditions contribute to Covid.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 21:08]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lucy Allan MP on 21:10 - Dec 29 with 734 viewsjeera

Lucy Allan MP on 21:06 - Dec 29 by Trequartista

Thanks, and apologies to KievTheGreat who already posted that, but i didn't look past the first tweet as i thought when excess deaths were mentioned, we weren't talking about the same thing.

Assuming (that word again), that the ONS definition is the same as the NHS England definition, that appears to be a large list, but not being a doctor, I couldn't possible say which ones are covid related or not.

The tweeter seems keen to emphasise which diseases would not cause covid alone, perhaps in riposte to those putting forward the argument of "would have died anyway", but to me the question of if NHS England are giving out misleading figures when they present figures filtered by underlying health conditions, is do these conditions contribute to Covid.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 21:08]

None of then cause Covid, nor contribute to Covid.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024