Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" 15:10 - Jan 7 with 2216 viewsElderGrizzly

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 1566 viewsSpruceMoose

Give them the American Bleach if they're going to be like that!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:15 - Jan 7 with 1558 viewsJ2BLUE

I won't be demanding it but it's my preference. It's the one we have more data for the extended schedule.

Not sure it's because people are xenophobic little Englanders like seems to be the suggestion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:17 - Jan 7 with 1543 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is that the 'English' vaccine that 37 different nationalities worked on through the development and trial and is being produced by a company that's joint British-Swedish?

It's great for the UK that this was led by Oxford and a British lead investigator, but no research of this scale and magnitude happens in national bubbles.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:21 - Jan 7 with 1522 viewsElderGrizzly

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:15 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

I won't be demanding it but it's my preference. It's the one we have more data for the extended schedule.

Not sure it's because people are xenophobic little Englanders like seems to be the suggestion.

No. It's Xenophobic in nature.

They gave the vaccinations to police officers instead.
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 1509 viewsscotdoc

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:17 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

Is that the 'English' vaccine that 37 different nationalities worked on through the development and trial and is being produced by a company that's joint British-Swedish?

It's great for the UK that this was led by Oxford and a British lead investigator, but no research of this scale and magnitude happens in national bubbles.

Had Pfizer yesterday-only one immediately available to health workers.
My practice got our first 100 Oxford vaccines in today so over 80s clinics next week then, hopefully,full steam ahead, Dependent on supplies clearly.
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 1506 viewsJ2BLUE

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:21 - Jan 7 by ElderGrizzly

No. It's Xenophobic in nature.

They gave the vaccinations to police officers instead.

Fair enough. Their loss then.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:22 - Jan 7 with 1512 viewsDinDjarin

Mixed feelings as I hate big pharma with a passion so I would probably rather take the Oxford vaccine over Pfizer if I had the choice.
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:25 - Jan 7 with 1461 viewsStokieBlue

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:22 - Jan 7 by DinDjarin

Mixed feelings as I hate big pharma with a passion so I would probably rather take the Oxford vaccine over Pfizer if I had the choice.

AZ aren't a Big Pharma company then?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:26 - Jan 7 with 1458 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very little difference between Pfizer and AstraZeneca on that front (Pfizer's about 20% larger).

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:26 - Jan 7 with 1456 viewsfooters

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:25 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

SB

They knit the vaccines in a lovely old cottage.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:30 - Jan 7 with 1425 viewsDinDjarin

SB

I'll take the bleach then
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:31 - Jan 7 with 1411 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:33 - Jan 7 with 1390 viewsAce_High1

LOL what a numpty.
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 1379 viewsDinDjarin

SB

No idea so yes I guess they are then. I just presumed it had been done in house by clever chappies at Oxford.

I have not watched the news for months as the whole thing does my peanut in. I work from home anyway and lockdown suits me as I tend to not like most people anyway.
Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:38 - Jan 7 with 1349 viewsjeera

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:15 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

The Oxford one does sound posher to be fair.

I don't like the Astra reference though. It makes it sound as though it's being knocked out by Vauxhall.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:38 - Jan 7 with 1351 viewsDanTheMan

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:35 - Jan 7 by DinDjarin

No idea so yes I guess they are then. I just presumed it had been done in house by clever chappies at Oxford.

I have not watched the news for months as the whole thing does my peanut in. I work from home anyway and lockdown suits me as I tend to not like most people anyway.

In terms of development, what you say is true. I believe it's the funding for it that comes from the pharmaceutical companies.

So for BioNTech, that was developed by them for Pfzier, and I imagine it's a similar arrangement for AZ and Oxford University.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:40 - Jan 7 with 1336 viewsDinDjarin

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:33 - Jan 7 by Ace_High1

LOL what a numpty.

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:44 - Jan 7 with 1326 viewsclive_baker

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:46 - Jan 7 with 1181 viewsfactual_blue

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:17 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

Can I at least have a cup of Yorkshire Tea, made from tea grown in Yorkshire then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:47 - Jan 7 with 1170 viewsjeera

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:46 - Jan 7 by factual_blue

Can I at least have a cup of Yorkshire Tea, made from tea grown in Yorkshire then?

Of course you may.

That will be £4.70 please.

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:49 - Jan 7 with 1160 viewsfactual_blue

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:47 - Jan 7 by jeera

Of course you may.

That will be £4.70 please.

Can I pay in Euros?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:52 - Jan 7 with 1147 viewsStokieBlue

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:46 - Jan 7 by factual_blue

Whilst I know this isn't the point, there is actually a tea grown in England. I had it at Fortnum and Mason as part of an afternoon tea.

https://tregothnan.co.uk/

SB
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 16:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 1138 viewsjeera

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:49 - Jan 7 by factual_blue

Can I pay in Euros?

No, none of that foreign muck here.

I will accept however, 2 chickens or a duck.

As long as they're not those migrating types mind.

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 1129 viewsLord_Lucan

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 15:38 - Jan 7 by DanTheMan

In terms of development, what you say is true. I believe it's the funding for it that comes from the pharmaceutical companies.

So for BioNTech, that was developed by them for Pfzier, and I imagine it's a similar arrangement for AZ and Oxford University.

Pfizer is about £25 a dose and Oxford £2

UK gov should have funded the Oxford vaccine and rolled it out at £4 a squirt and made enough money to cover the cost of the pandemic.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 1127 viewsjeera

Some are demanding the "English Vaccine" on 16:52 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

Whilst I know this isn't the point, there is actually a tea grown in England. I had it at Fortnum and Mason as part of an afternoon tea.

https://tregothnan.co.uk/

SB
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 16:58]

https://tregothnan.co.uk/shop/tea/tea-gifts/tea-bushes/tea-bush-and-green-single

Blimey.

Or should that be, "Cor blimey, guv"?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024