Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is just ridiculous 12:13 - Jan 11 with 3661 viewsDyland

Evans can't be this incompetent accidentally.

Whether in business you're mainly a data person or rely largely on intuition, or as in most cases a mixture of the two, the only explanation for Lambert still managing our club is that Evans doesn't consider promotion is anywhere near as important as the fans do. Make of that what you will.

Why bother ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This is just ridiculous on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 775 viewsjayessess

This is just ridiculous on 13:09 - Jan 11 by Dyland

He's gambling the future of our club, and he's an illogical gambler. He's just crossing his fingers. He's like an inexperienced hold 'em poker player staying in on a mounting pot on the off chance a possible flush appears on the river.

Just incredible that anyone running something as unpredictable as a football club would do something as reckless as giving their manager a 5 year contract.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

On the Marcus Evans Group website.... on 13:12 - Jan 11 with 785 viewsBloots

....under the Company Profile section, it simply says this:

Producers of Economic and Business Summits,

Strategic Business Conferences,

Professional Business and Language training,

Corporate Hospitality events - Curation by marcus evans

Filmed & Theatrical Entertainment

and Ipswich Town Football Club

An old cynic would think ITFC was an afterthought.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This is just ridiculous on 13:16 - Jan 11 with 768 viewsbraveblue

This is just ridiculous on 12:33 - Jan 11 by Alan_Handsome

You reckon he stands to make billions out of shorting ITFC and then running us into the ground.....like Boris et al are doing with the country?

Football forum. Don’t bring ill informed political views into it.
On the Marcus Evans Group website.... on 13:17 - Jan 11 with 768 viewsPendejo

On the Marcus Evans Group website.... on 13:12 - Jan 11 by Bloots

....under the Company Profile section, it simply says this:

Producers of Economic and Business Summits,

Strategic Business Conferences,

Professional Business and Language training,

Corporate Hospitality events - Curation by marcus evans

Filmed & Theatrical Entertainment

and Ipswich Town Football Club

An old cynic would think ITFC was an afterthought.

Lambert out.

Looking at... Are Ipswich Town Football Club the only one with any income right now?

I guess training can be done online

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

It appears that conferencing/summits are still.... on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 765 viewsBloots

On the Marcus Evans Group website.... on 13:17 - Jan 11 by Pendejo

Looking at... Are Ipswich Town Football Club the only one with any income right now?

I guess training can be done online

....going ahead, which I find very odd.

I did find this nugget on their website though, which is a remarkable statement and another indicator of the type of man that owns our football club:

"More by luck than design, a marcus evans summit is, by it’s very nature,
a safe event to attend."

Word for word.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This is just ridiculous on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 743 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans you muppet.
lolwut... (n/t) on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 740 viewsDyland

It appears that conferencing/summits are still.... on 13:24 - Jan 11 by Bloots

I did find this nugget on their website though, which is a remarkable statement and another indicator of the type of man that owns our football club:

a safe event to attend."

Word for word.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It appears that conferencing/summits are still.... on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 708 viewsIllinoisblue

a safe event to attend."

Word for word.

That is amazing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

It appears that conferencing/summits are still.... on 13:52 - Jan 11 with 704 viewsfooters

a safe event to attend."

Word for word.

Looks like Marcus is in need of a proofreader. Contract for life, lads, I'm set!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is just ridiculous on 14:01 - Jan 11 with 707 viewsSteve_M

No, there's plenty of evidence - going back to 2007 or so - to suggest that Evans is not being deliberately incompetent here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It appears that conferencing/summits are still.... on 14:03 - Jan 11 with 693 viewsSteve_M

a safe event to attend."

Word for word.

a safe event to attend."

So, what does that mean:

1). Can't be arsed to invest in necessary protective measures;
2). Pretends otherwise in the face of all evidence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is just ridiculous on 14:39 - Jan 11 with 638 viewsRegencyBlue

This is just ridiculous on 12:47 - Jan 11 by jayessess

This weird idea crops up over and over again, but it doesn't make any rational sense for Evans to want the club in League 1.

In the Championship the club has higher revenues and is worth more. Evans isn't obliged to set a competitive budget for the division we're in, he could tell the manager the budget is £10m and just to deal with it, if he wanted. He can't simultaneously want to stay in League 1 and be worried about increasing the budget if we get in the Championship (he'd just not raise the budget in the Championship and let the chips fall where they may).

If he wasn't bothered about promotion from League 1 we wouldn't have the best paid manager in the division, we'd have a *much* smaller squad and we'd have sold Judge, Downes and Jackson when opportunities arose.

Finally, the huge shake up in football finance you say he's waiting for has already happened. From next year the Championship will have a maximum budget roughly equivalent to our 2018-19 revenue.

I think Evans is more sanguine about spending several years in League One than most supporters are. I also think he wants to give Lambert every possible chance to succeed. But nothing about his behaviour suggests he has some irrational desire to remain in L1 forever.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 13:02]

Just as well because if the current rate of decline continues we will be in L2 (or as it should be called the 4th Division) sooner rather than later!
This is just ridiculous on 15:36 - Jan 11 with 609 viewsjeera

This is just ridiculous on 13:16 - Jan 11 by braveblue

Football forum. Don’t bring ill informed political views into it.

"Ill-informed."

Like you'd know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is just ridiculous on 16:29 - Jan 11 with 586 viewsChurchman

This is just ridiculous on 12:20 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

Don't forget he would have heard our supporters say over and over that they are happier in league 1 with PL than they were in the championship with Mick. It is an uncomfortable truth for many but it was said over and over. It was also displayed in the stands.

Is that really the case? People wanted something better than the monotonous tripe MM was serving up on and off the pitch. I think the idea was that we got something fresh and new in, younger manager, new ideas etc. That we wound up with with Pepe and Coco the clowns is not something anyone wished for.

As for League one, it was a certainty a month into Hursts abject effort and Ithought that one season there might give the chance for the younger players to develop and form a team, as was the case with others in the past. That Evans doesn’t care a jot, sees it as a cost cutting opportunity and PL has not the faintest idea what he’s doing is not the supporters doing or wish.

I hate this bcwywf rubbish. Why does anyone think we don’t have the right to wish for something better than the total dross served up in the past 15 years or so? That includes vindictive odious numbskulls like Chris Sutton.
Sensible debunking of a daft conspiracy theory nt on 17:47 - Jan 11 with 566 viewsHighgateBlue

This is just ridiculous on 12:47 - Jan 11 by jayessess

This weird idea crops up over and over again, but it doesn't make any rational sense for Evans to want the club in League 1.

In the Championship the club has higher revenues and is worth more. Evans isn't obliged to set a competitive budget for the division we're in, he could tell the manager the budget is £10m and just to deal with it, if he wanted. He can't simultaneously want to stay in League 1 and be worried about increasing the budget if we get in the Championship (he'd just not raise the budget in the Championship and let the chips fall where they may).

If he wasn't bothered about promotion from League 1 we wouldn't have the best paid manager in the division, we'd have a *much* smaller squad and we'd have sold Judge, Downes and Jackson when opportunities arose.

Finally, the huge shake up in football finance you say he's waiting for has already happened. From next year the Championship will have a maximum budget roughly equivalent to our 2018-19 revenue.

I think Evans is more sanguine about spending several years in League One than most supporters are. I also think he wants to give Lambert every possible chance to succeed. But nothing about his behaviour suggests he has some irrational desire to remain in L1 forever.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 13:02]

nt
This is just ridiculous on 17:55 - Jan 11 with 555 viewsHighgateBlue

This is just ridiculous on 16:29 - Jan 11 by Churchman

Is that really the case? People wanted something better than the monotonous tripe MM was serving up on and off the pitch. I think the idea was that we got something fresh and new in, younger manager, new ideas etc. That we wound up with with Pepe and Coco the clowns is not something anyone wished for.

As for League one, it was a certainty a month into Hursts abject effort and Ithought that one season there might give the chance for the younger players to develop and form a team, as was the case with others in the past. That Evans doesn’t care a jot, sees it as a cost cutting opportunity and PL has not the faintest idea what he’s doing is not the supporters doing or wish.

I hate this bcwywf rubbish. Why does anyone think we don’t have the right to wish for something better than the total dross served up in the past 15 years or so? That includes vindictive odious numbskulls like Chris Sutton.

I think we can all agree on Chris Sutton.

The point is that MM maximised success per £ by being disciplined, pragmatic and not taking unnecessary risks. Supporters can't just say "we want better football and also better results". Many supporters behaved like some sort of medieval monarch just clicking his fingers and demanding something without having any understanding whatever of how it could be achieved. And some did so aggressively and most disrespectfully. They demanded the sacking of someone who was outperforming. That was stupid. When all you wish for is the removal of something, and that removal causes things to get worse, those who disagreed are quite entitled to say "bcwywf".

And you know what - it's happening again. "Evans out!" - oh yeah, to replaced by whom?

Those who wished to remain part of the EU might also see a Brexit parallel in wishing to get rid of something without understanding what you're replacing it with, but I think we've already done Brexit on this board...
This is just ridiculous on 18:00 - Jan 11 with 545 viewsjeera

This is just ridiculous on 16:29 - Jan 11 by Churchman

It is definitely fair to say that a number of fans saw it coming though, yes.

It was clear things were being held together by a thread and that letting MM go was opening up a can of worms.

It was repeated enough times and the arguments were there for all to see so it's not like it's some myth or hindsight.

No one wants to be responsible, fine, but for anyone to pretend it wasn't spelled out at the time would be incorrect. Some really did see this coming and said as much.

This is just ridiculous on 18:00 - Jan 11 with 545 viewsNthQldITFC

This is just ridiculous on 12:18 - Jan 11 by jeera

He clearly owns this thing he doesn't want and just doesn't know what to do with it.

He's certainly not driven by it so really needs to be letting it go.

Don't they have like a bi-weekly 'Do you want to buy a football club?' magazine in the UAE or Saudi or something he could advertise us in?

Or he just could show a f*cking interest.

If only the fcuker was the sort of arse who would just bung it over his back hedge and forget about it. Then some enthusiast could come along, dust it off and take it down to The Repair Shop for someone who knows what they are doing to lovingly restore it to the beautiful thing it once was.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is just ridiculous on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 534 viewsjeera

This is just ridiculous on 18:00 - Jan 11 by NthQldITFC

If only the fcuker was the sort of arse who would just bung it over his back hedge and forget about it. Then some enthusiast could come along, dust it off and take it down to The Repair Shop for someone who knows what they are doing to lovingly restore it to the beautiful thing it once was.

I quite like The Repair Shop. They do seem to make people very happy.

I can't believe I just said that. I used to be fun, now I watch crap like that.

This is just ridiculous on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 527 viewsKeaneish

This is just ridiculous on 12:18 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

Precisely this. He's an idiot and/or a liar. He can't be neither.

There aren’t too many self made multi millionaire idiots so I’ll go with a liar. What is on the list of deceptions though is the question.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This is just ridiculous on 18:15 - Jan 11 with 520 viewsNthQldITFC

This is just ridiculous on 18:04 - Jan 11 by jeera

I quite like The Repair Shop. They do seem to make people very happy.

I can't believe I just said that. I used to be fun, now I watch crap like that.

Fixing stuff is more enjoyable than buying new stuff. When I'm sat at my bench, quietly applying my loving attention to a fragile thing of beauty, I often get a warm, sticky feeling in my lap.

I really ought to wear less baggy sleeves, or move my hot glue pot further away from the edge, I suppose.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is just ridiculous on 18:22 - Jan 11 with 515 viewsMrTown

Evans has all the facts, we are in capable hands.

Do not fear, we will stay up. Keep the faith.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This is just ridiculous on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 504 viewsjayessess

This is just ridiculous on 18:09 - Jan 11 by Keaneish

There aren’t too many self made multi millionaire idiots so I’ll go with a liar. What is on the list of deceptions though is the question.

Check out Alan Sugar or Elon Musk's Twitter feeds and you might feel differently.
Lots of people who are brilliant at making money (or found one brilliant way to make money) aren't particularly intelligent in other areas of life. Likewise, having a PhD doesn't mean you'd make a clever politician or a great football tactician.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This is just ridiculous on 19:28 - Jan 11 with 485 viewsChurchman

This is just ridiculous on 17:55 - Jan 11 by HighgateBlue

I think we can all agree on Chris Sutton.

The point is that MM maximised success per £ by being disciplined, pragmatic and not taking unnecessary risks. Supporters can't just say "we want better football and also better results". Many supporters behaved like some sort of medieval monarch just clicking his fingers and demanding something without having any understanding whatever of how it could be achieved. And some did so aggressively and most disrespectfully. They demanded the sacking of someone who was outperforming. That was stupid. When all you wish for is the removal of something, and that removal causes things to get worse, those who disagreed are quite entitled to say "bcwywf".

And you know what - it's happening again. "Evans out!" - oh yeah, to replaced by whom?

Those who wished to remain part of the EU might also see a Brexit parallel in wishing to get rid of something without understanding what you're replacing it with, but I think we've already done Brexit on this board...

I think the Brexit parallel is an interesting one, but as you say, let’s not go there!

However, why can’t supporters wish for better results and better football? Why as ITFC supporters should we accept one of the worst performances of any professional club in the past 15 years or so with worse to follow?

There was always an assumption that it was Evans or we go bust. At the time quick buck Marcus slithered up, I doubt that was the case. I seem to remember Sheepshanks was keen to be shot of the club as much for his own interests as anything else. A second administration would have done for his chances of a long fancied job with the FA, I suspect. But the chances of a new owner are zilch now after what was left of our reputation has died and the assets sweated to the decay that we see now. But I don’t have to like it or accept it.

As for MM, time was up. His sterile football and vaulting arrogance had run its course. His attitude following the Norwich away game was dreadful. He deserved to be fired on the spot. It was not about saying goodbye to MM. It was about the idiots Evans replaced him with. Were they the best we could hope for?
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 19:32]
This is just ridiculous on 19:31 - Jan 11 with 482 viewsKeaneish

This is just ridiculous on 18:40 - Jan 11 by jayessess

Check out Alan Sugar or Elon Musk's Twitter feeds and you might feel differently.
Lots of people who are brilliant at making money (or found one brilliant way to make money) aren't particularly intelligent in other areas of life. Likewise, having a PhD doesn't mean you'd make a clever politician or a great football tactician.

Making money is one thing, sustaining a global enterprise for a long period of time and increasing profit year on year requires a lot of skills. He’s no idiot. I read somewhere he’s pretty ruthless too.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024