Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree 11:13 - Jan 13 with 1535 viewsunstableblue

YouTube have joined Facebook and Twitter in banning Donald's channels.

I've been wondering if for example Twitter should have followed the path they have, given the obvious freedom of speech issues.

But when The Donald was able to get airtime yesterday via a Televised 'interview' and press conference. He stated the following, and continued to say the elections were fraudulent. He also started to suggest his call to account for his 'Save America'rally and incendiary words was dangerous. How can you not ban him? the election fraud is a baseless conspiracy theory, should it be given freedom of speech when it comes from someone in such a position of power?

"People thought that what I said was totally appropriate," Trump said Tuesday when asked about his role in the siege, despite many at the highest levels of government – Republicans and Democrats – saying otherwise, three of his Cabinet members having resigned and a second impeachment effort now underway.

"And if you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem – what they said,"

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:15 - Jan 13 with 1524 viewsfooters

It's all too little too late from the tech firms. If they'd grown some balls over the last four years, then perhaps lives could have been saved and the Capitol wouldn't have happened. They're just as culpable as Trump, imo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1510 viewsKeno

Where TWTD leads the big tec firms follow!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:17 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsStokieBlue

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:15 - Jan 13 by footers

It's all too little too late from the tech firms. If they'd grown some balls over the last four years, then perhaps lives could have been saved and the Capitol wouldn't have happened. They're just as culpable as Trump, imo.

Bring on the scrapping of section 230.

It's the only thing that can save the social media platforms from the perpetual slide into nonsense and misinformation from some quarters.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 1502 viewsgiant_stow

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:15 - Jan 13 by footers

I take it everyone saw the story about various corporations stopping their funding of the republican party too?

Talking their language - they'll understand that if nothing else

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:23 - Jan 13 with 1499 viewsfactual_blue

There isn't a freedom of speech issue though.

The alt-right don't know what freedom of speech actually is. It certainly isn't an unfettered freedom.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:25 - Jan 13 with 1486 viewsSteve_M

This is worth reading on the issue of free speech and social media:

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2021/01/13/closing-down-trump-time-for-a-grow

There are no easy answers at this point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 1470 viewsbournemouthblue

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:23 - Jan 13 by factual_blue

The alt-right don't know what freedom of speech actually is. It certainly isn't an unfettered freedom.

Indeed, it's like being barred from a pub. It isn't a freedom of speech thing, it's simply they don't want you in their establishment.

If you don't play by the terms the request from you at the offset, they will remove you.

It's quite simple, they are happy for him to spew his bile elsewhere, they just don't want it happening on their platform.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 8:14]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Footers I think a VERY large group of people needed to grow some BALLS on 11:29 - Jan 13 with 1460 viewsunstableblue

You raise a good point, and the Tech Firms labelling of Donald Trump's lies and incendiary comments came very late in the day, mainly related to the baseless Election Fraud/Steal conspiracy theories The Donald pedalled.

On a wider note Sadiq Khan - who has an axe to grind obviously due to Trump's awful comments on London Terrorism - made a great point in an editorial Sunday. In it he stated correctly that the news networks and the Republican Party had witnessed 4 years of hate, lies and division from Trump, the 2020 election was the time to act and distance/renounce him - and yet they doubled down their support, inexcusable.

Login to get fewer ads

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:55 - Jan 13 with 1416 viewsbluelagos

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:16 - Jan 13 by Keno

Where TWTD leads the big tec firms follow!!

Has TWTD banned Trump? Wondering which of our esteemed ex-posters he was...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

and when your supposed mates in the pub start saying this.. on 12:02 - Jan 13 with 1411 viewsunstableblue

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:28 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

Indeed, it's like being barred from a pub. It isn't a freedom of speech thing, it's simply they don't want you in their establishment.

If you don't play by the terms the request from you at the offset, they will remove you.

It's quite simple, they are happy for him to spew his bile elsewhere, they just don't want it happening on their platform.

The third most senior Republican in the House of Representatives, Liz Cheney, vowed to back impeachment, saying Mr Trump had "summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack".

"There has never been a greater betrayal by a president of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution," the Wyoming representative, daughter of former Vice-President Dick Cheney, added.

... I think you its time to listen to the landlord and FECK OFF. But Trump is like the worse pub bore, in his own weird narcissistic echo chamber:

"They've analysed my speech in my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence, and everybody to the tee just thought it was totally appropriate," Trump told reporters before flying out for a trip to Texas.

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SH!T UP!

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:33 - Jan 13 with 1386 viewsfactual_blue

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:55 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Phil, as a Big Tech mogul by PhilTWTD 12 Jan 2021 11:26
Sorry, yes, we probably should have made a statement on this previously. I can confirm Donald Trump is banned from TWTD.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 1377 viewsjeera

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:55 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Phil has come out this week and formally announced that Trump is indeed banned from TWTD.

I suspect he will just keeping returning though under various guises using a VPN.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:50 - Jan 13 with 1366 viewsSpruceMoose

On a personal level I'm loving not hearing from him. Not having the media report every single one of his illiterate brain farts as news is wonderful.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 1344 viewsbluelagos

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:45 - Jan 13 by jeera

Phil has come out this week and formally announced that Trump is indeed banned from TWTD.

I suspect he will just keeping returning though under various guises using a VPN.

Missed that :-)

Phil's ban hammer clearly doesn't respect hierarchy / position / status. Quite right too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 13:01 - Jan 13 with 1328 viewsjeera

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 12:55 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Missed that :-)

Phil's ban hammer clearly doesn't respect hierarchy / position / status. Quite right too.

Just in case:

Phil, as a Big Tech mogul by PhilTWTD 12 Jan 2021 11:26
Sorry, yes, we probably should have made a statement on this previously. I can confirm Donald Trump is banned from TWTD.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 1285 viewsGuthrum

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:28 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

Also, if they didn't like individual companies having a near-monopolistic grip of the social media market, they ought to have done something about it earlier.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 17:07 - Jan 13 with 1216 viewsOldsmoker

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 11:23 - Jan 13 by factual_blue

There is nothing in the constitution that says their 'free speech' should be heard by others.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 1206 viewsSpruceMoose

The Donald now banned from YouTube - I sort of agree on 17:07 - Jan 13 by Oldsmoker

There is nothing in the constitution that says their 'free speech' should be heard by others.

When they say they want free speech, what they really mean is that they want to be free of consequences.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024