Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** 12:46 - Jan 21 with 5892 viewsmonytowbray

Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:49 - Jan 21 with 2119 viewsJ2BLUE

What does he have left to say? Brexit is done, Trump has gone. Is he just whining about Trump or is he part of the 'reclaim party'? If so, leave him to it so they can split the Tory vote.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:53 - Jan 21 with 2091 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:49 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

What does he have left to say? Brexit is done, Trump has gone. Is he just whining about Trump or is he part of the 'reclaim party'? If so, leave him to it so they can split the Tory vote.

Whilst women, non-white people, LGBTQ people, foreigners, nationalised public services, poor people and good fashioned 'be excellent to one another' still exist, Nigel Farage will still find reason to exist, like the soulless decency vacuum that he is.

And vile venus honeypots will lap it up it because he 'tells it like it is'.

And then whine when you tell it like it is and call them venus honeypots.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:56 - Jan 21 with 2067 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:49 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

I saw lastnight him posting videos on Trump and how he has no regrets supporting him.

He’s our attempt to FOX NEWS us into becoming spoon fed authoritarian propaganda like they have in the USA. I’d hope the UK is less susceptible to it as they can’t use God as a tool to brainwash like the US does.

The guy is a lying c*ck, whether you are for Brexit or not.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 2037 viewsChurchman

You watch the demand for Trump by the media when he emerges from his hidey hole and the courts have done with him. He isn’t going away either!
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 2019 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:01 - Jan 21 by Churchman

You watch the demand for Trump by the media when he emerges from his hidey hole and the courts have done with him. He isn’t going away either!

Dunno, he’s got a lot more to hide now and is probably realising perhaps all the attention seeking after becoming the most powerful person in the world wasn’t the move for a mobster.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:28 - Jan 21 with 1947 viewsMattinLondon

He goes on the BBC to get maximum exposure - he thrives on attention. Then he goes back onto Twitter to complain about the lefty liberal BBC and his supporters lap it up. The BBC offer Farage airtime because they are scared of being accused of being too left leaning.

Farage has done an excellent job in reinventing himself as not part of the elite despite being part of it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:45]
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:29 - Jan 21 with 1941 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:28 - Jan 21 by MattinLondon

He goes on the BBC to get maximum exposure - he thrives on attention. Then he goes back onto Twitter to complain about the lefty liberal BBC and his supporters lap it up. The BBC offer Farage airtime because they are scared of being accused of being too left leaning.

Farage has done an excellent job in reinventing himself as not part of the elite despite being part of it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:45]

Yeah, but look at the people he's fooling. They're not exactly the difficult to fool types, by and large.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:31 - Jan 21 with 1931 viewsStokieBlue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:02 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

Dunno, he’s got a lot more to hide now and is probably realising perhaps all the attention seeking after becoming the most powerful person in the world wasn’t the move for a mobster.

He's apparently thinking about starting a "Patriot Party" which would be awful but also slightly amusing to see the Republicans scrambling to try and stop their vote from splitting.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:39 - Jan 21 with 1908 viewsgiant_stow

no platforming: shudder

Thats not the answer - not sure what is, but you'll just feed their narative like that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:44 - Jan 21 with 1892 viewsDanTheMan

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:39 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

no platforming: shudder

Thats not the answer - not sure what is, but you'll just feed their narative like that.

It's the only tool that works. I do understand that it's nowhere near ideal but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

If not, should we be giving every extremist some air time too? Could get Abu Hamza on for a a debate on women's rights.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 1833 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:44 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

It's the only tool that works. I do understand that it's nowhere near ideal but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

If not, should we be giving every extremist some air time too? Could get Abu Hamza on for a a debate on women's rights.

Comparing Farage with Abu Hamza is a problem right away - I'm sure a few righties reading that will be outraged and offended. (I openned your post to reply then paused, so maybe they already are?).

Edit: no outrage!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:03]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:11 - Jan 21 with 1796 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:03 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

Comparing Farage with Abu Hamza is a problem right away - I'm sure a few righties reading that will be outraged and offended. (I openned your post to reply then paused, so maybe they already are?).

Lest we forget, Farage has ties to a whole load of far right groups and one of his supporters murdered an MP in 2016.

https://www.politico.eu/article/nigel-farage-attended-dinner-with-right-wing-con
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:14]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:18 - Jan 21 with 1774 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:11 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Lest we forget, Farage has ties to a whole load of far right groups and one of his supporters murdered an MP in 2016.

https://www.politico.eu/article/nigel-farage-attended-dinner-with-right-wing-con
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:14]

Even so, one's a convicted terrorist and the other isn't.

Telling right wingers that their views are akin to those of a terrorist can't be helpful, unless the aim is for all out culture war, possibly followed by the real thing. And if that is the aim, perhaps, it's not just the righties who need to stop and think.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 1766 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:18 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

Telling right wingers that their views are akin to those of a terrorist can't be helpful, unless the aim is for all out culture war, possibly followed by the real thing. And if that is the aim, perhaps, it's not just the righties who need to stop and think.

Thing is, these people are actively fuelling and encouraging far-terror. And they're actively egged on with their incitements by cheerleaders in the mainstream media.

If they spend they careers fostering and fuelling hate, they really shouldn't be offended when people suggest that they might be helping radicalise people into violent acts.

But hey, good people on both sides.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:23]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:27 - Jan 21 with 1744 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:21 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Thing is, these people are actively fuelling and encouraging far-terror. And they're actively egged on with their incitements by cheerleaders in the mainstream media.

If they spend they careers fostering and fuelling hate, they really shouldn't be offended when people suggest that they might be helping radicalise people into violent acts.

But hey, good people on both sides.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:23]

Where people are engaged in far-right terrorism, they should be dealt with swiftly.

I just think it's dangerous to conflate far-right terrorists with right wing politics - just as dangerous as conflating Muslims with Muslim fundamentalist terrorists.

Edit: and there really are good people on both sides - not a fan of this creeping twtd-ism
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:29]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:27 - Jan 21 with 1744 viewsDanTheMan

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:03 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

That's kind of my point.

We're already onto "OK well person X we don't want to have a platform, but person Y is OK". So we've already drawn the line, we're just left talking about where it's drawn.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:28 - Jan 21 with 1733 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:27 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

That's kind of my point.

We're already onto "OK well person X we don't want to have a platform, but person Y is OK". So we've already drawn the line, we're just left talking about where it's drawn.

The line is drawn at criminality surely and that's clearly defined, hence my objection to comparing Farage and Abu Hamza.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:29 - Jan 21 with 1729 viewsDanTheMan

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:28 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

The line is drawn at criminality surely and that's clearly defined, hence my objection to comparing Farage and Abu Hamza.

What about neo-Nazis who have not committed a criminal offence? Should they be allowed on?

The thing is you do support deplatforming, you're just saying that you don't think Farage should be deplatformed. Those are two very different things.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:30]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:31 - Jan 21 with 1713 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:29 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

What about neo-Nazis who have not committed a criminal offence? Should they be allowed on?

The thing is you do support deplatforming, you're just saying that you don't think Farage should be deplatformed. Those are two very different things.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:30]

If they're promoting hate wouldn't that fall foul of the hate crime laws? I'm not a lawyer obvs.

Edit to your edit (!): i'm not supporting deplatforming of people who are speaking within the confines of free-speach law as Frarage has apparently managed to, to date at least.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:33]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 1703 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:53 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Whilst women, non-white people, LGBTQ people, foreigners, nationalised public services, poor people and good fashioned 'be excellent to one another' still exist, Nigel Farage will still find reason to exist, like the soulless decency vacuum that he is.

And vile venus honeypots will lap it up it because he 'tells it like it is'.

And then whine when you tell it like it is and call them venus honeypots.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:47]

The wrong life was ruined by that plane crash.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:33 - Jan 21 with 1702 viewsDanTheMan

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:31 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

If they're promoting hate wouldn't that fall foul of the hate crime laws? I'm not a lawyer obvs.

Edit to your edit (!): i'm not supporting deplatforming of people who are speaking within the confines of free-speach law as Frarage has apparently managed to, to date at least.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:33]

But that's not the point, should they be allowed a platform period?

Even if on the program they aren't espousing hate.

Btw, I think it's fine if you think that Farage should have a platform. I used Hamza because he was obviously an extreme example because I think saying "we shouldn't deplatform" is actually an extreme position which I don't think you seriously hold.

For me, anyone who brings up Cultural Marxism is very obviously flirting with antisemitism. Just because he's not been arrested or charged makes very little difference to me. Getting around the laws by using dog whistles I don't think makes it morally correct.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:36]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:34 - Jan 21 with 1686 viewsEwan_Oozami

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:18 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

But it's ok to do the same with the left, or even us poor, beleaguered Extreme Centrists?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1680 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:27 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

Where people are engaged in far-right terrorism, they should be dealt with swiftly.

I just think it's dangerous to conflate far-right terrorists with right wing politics - just as dangerous as conflating Muslims with Muslim fundamentalist terrorists.

Edit: and there really are good people on both sides - not a fan of this creeping twtd-ism
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:29]

Trouble is, Farage(and increasingly the mainstream right) has spent most of his career actively stirring hate to win attention, votes and profit.

We saw how that ends on January 6.

I for one, am sick of the 'good people' on the right, sitting back, letting these c*nts get on with it and then wringing their hands when it all ends in violence.

I genuinely fear it's coming, in some shape, to this country in the next few years.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:45]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1675 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:33 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

But that's not the point, should they be allowed a platform period?

Even if on the program they aren't espousing hate.

Btw, I think it's fine if you think that Farage should have a platform. I used Hamza because he was obviously an extreme example because I think saying "we shouldn't deplatform" is actually an extreme position which I don't think you seriously hold.

For me, anyone who brings up Cultural Marxism is very obviously flirting with antisemitism. Just because he's not been arrested or charged makes very little difference to me. Getting around the laws by using dog whistles I don't think makes it morally correct.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:36]

You're going to fast for me mr! See my edit re free speach laws.

Obviously a privately provided platform can do what it likes, but no Farage shouldn't be denied *all* platforms as long as he stays within the law.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 1660 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:31 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

He's apparently thinking about starting a "Patriot Party" which would be awful but also slightly amusing to see the Republicans scrambling to try and stop their vote from splitting.

SB

To see American democracy split off like that would be interesting for them and the wider democratic world though.

It would mean some very rich and powerful (alas also complete f*ckwit) people with lobbying power will want things like the electoral college gone for fair representation.

That would open the door to all sorts of things, both good and bad, but overall I would welcome heading that way. Would be nice to know my Green membership is more than just moral support on principle if the USA led to democracy reforms.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024