Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** 12:46 - Jan 21 with 5882 viewsmonytowbray

Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:16 - Jan 21 with 877 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:14 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

but he has done so democratically without breaking the law. he has contested elections - and lost. on one issue he received majority public support. he has been consistently challenged and shown up for what he is and he has never received more than minority support for hm or his party. in a democracy there are no grounds whatsoever for silencing someone like this.

Struggling to remember you giving a certain Jeremy Corbyn such generous levels of tolerance.

Curious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 870 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:16 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Struggling to remember you giving a certain Jeremy Corbyn such generous levels of tolerance.

Curious.

find a single post where i said he should be silenced or denied access to the media. do you not see the difference? where have i said you shouldn't criticise farage?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:20 - Jan 21 with 863 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:18 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

find a single post where i said he should be silenced or denied access to the media. do you not see the difference? where have i said you shouldn't criticise farage?

Trust me, your biggest problem is what you DON'T say.

And we can read between those lines, even if you can't yourself.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:22 - Jan 21 with 855 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:18 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Hmm curious how you don't like people making up things you've apparently said.

Little life lesson for you there, mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:22 - Jan 21 with 850 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:22 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Hmm curious how you don't like people making up things you've apparently said.

Little life lesson for you there, mate.

so you haven't said that you want to stop platforming farage? ok then i guess.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:26 - Jan 21 with 840 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:22 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Have another read and get back to me. Take it slow, have a think, don't rush back here all fit to burst thinking this is your big 'gotcha' moment. It's not.

In the meantime, perhaps the adults can get back to what was an interesting and polite thread until you blundered in with your empty head and your size 5 slippers.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying cnts on 15:30 - Jan 21 with 824 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:22 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Educate yourself for god's sake.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/10/us-election-2020-the-power-of-populist-lies-a

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying on 15:35 - Jan 21 with 809 viewsnoggin

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:56 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

you want to silence people you disagree with. i guess there are historic precedents for that. despite these people standing in elections, getting support, and not breaking any laws. you don't want to defeat their arguments or persuade people away form them, you just want to silence them. democracy isn't really your thing. and you're the one throwing round the fascist tag. jeez.

He should be silenced because he is openly racist and has printed racist propaganda.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 788 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying on 15:35 - Jan 21 by noggin

He should be silenced because he is openly racist and has printed racist propaganda.

you think some of his views are racist. he would deny that. but he hasn't broken any uk law - no court has found what he has said or printed to incite racial hatred or to be illegal.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:43 - Jan 21 with 784 viewsbluelagos

They won't.

And why should they? He speaks for a chunk of society and as vile as you and I think he is, we live in a democracy where he has every right to be heard.

Better to challenge his arguments than pretend they don't exist.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying cnts on 15:45 - Jan 21 with 776 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying cnts on 15:30 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

Educate yourself for god's sake.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/10/us-election-2020-the-power-of-populist-lies-a

i know who farage is, thank you.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:47 - Jan 21 with 769 viewsjeera

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:43 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

They won't.

And why should they? He speaks for a chunk of society and as vile as you and I think he is, we live in a democracy where he has every right to be heard.

I'd be surprised if he believes everything he says.

More that he's happy to poison minds if it helps to further himself.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ... on 15:48 - Jan 21 with 769 viewsEwan_Oozami

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:46 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

It would involve a blanket ban on animal products...

Vegan Battenberg recipes are available...

Next one I make will be this one:

https://domesticgothess.com/blog/2020/07/02/vegan-battenberg-cake/

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 756 viewsSwansea_Blue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:14 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

but he has done so democratically without breaking the law. he has contested elections - and lost. on one issue he received majority public support. he has been consistently challenged and shown up for what he is and he has never received more than minority support for hm or his party. in a democracy there are no grounds whatsoever for silencing someone like this.

There may be no legal reason to silence him (I'm not sure if there is or isn't - it's a shame if we can't keep racists silent though), but there's no reason to continually to platform him either as he's not in a position of any responsibility, has little specific knowledge that's of interest to the viewer/listener, nor does he rarely have anything useful or constructive to say.

The only reason is clicks and 'good' (= argumentative) TV. He's the go to clickbait 'anti-establishment' voice, despite being very establishment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:55 - Jan 21 with 747 viewsSwansea_Blue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:47 - Jan 21 by jeera

He's a warped, bitter little man. I've had dealings with his people before and their only goal (his only goal) was to stick it to those who Farage feels have wronged him. He's the original own the libs guy.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:02 - Jan 21 with 730 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:26 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Have another read and get back to me. Take it slow, have a think, don't rush back here all fit to burst thinking this is your big 'gotcha' moment. It's not.

In the meantime, perhaps the adults can get back to what was an interesting and polite thread until you blundered in with your empty head and your size 5 slippers.

a thread about no platforming farage and keeping him off bbc radio 2, and you post:

"Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say."

i was going to go back and show the discussion between you and giant ulla that led to you saying that, but i can't be bothered. what is the point.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 714 viewsbluelagos

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:47 - Jan 21 by jeera

So he's a politician then...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 710 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:53 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

There may be no legal reason to silence him (I'm not sure if there is or isn't - it's a shame if we can't keep racists silent though), but there's no reason to continually to platform him either as he's not in a position of any responsibility, has little specific knowledge that's of interest to the viewer/listener, nor does he rarely have anything useful or constructive to say.

The only reason is clicks and 'good' (= argumentative) TV. He's the go to clickbait 'anti-establishment' voice, despite being very establishment.

i don't disagree with any of that. i guess the media's excuse is that he has led parties which have attracted millions of votes. but that's not now.

the law defines incitement to racial hatred and we therefore have a process to determine if that has occurred. the trouble with accusations of racism more generally, and in turn denials of racism, is that they are disputed. using an accusation of racism to silence someone without any legal validation is subjective and political - if it isn't a court who gets to decide?.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:12 - Jan 21 with 694 viewsChurchman

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:31 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

He's apparently thinking about starting a "Patriot Party" which would be awful but also slightly amusing to see the Republicans scrambling to try and stop their vote from splitting.

SB

The media love him. It’s as simple as that. Seriously, if Trump or Biden appear on TV who would you want to watch? Before last Nov I doubt many people would have recognised Biden. They knew who Trump was before 2016 and they still do.

Some sanity is needed and I really hope Biden does well. At the moment he’s a massive relief after the Trumpmeister. But the media will soon tire of him because tbh he’s decrepit and boring. His best bet is to shine the limelight on his deputy who seems savvy and rather impressive.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 16:17]
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:20 - Jan 21 with 676 viewsSwansea_Blue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:08 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

i don't disagree with any of that. i guess the media's excuse is that he has led parties which have attracted millions of votes. but that's not now.

the law defines incitement to racial hatred and we therefore have a process to determine if that has occurred. the trouble with accusations of racism more generally, and in turn denials of racism, is that they are disputed. using an accusation of racism to silence someone without any legal validation is subjective and political - if it isn't a court who gets to decide?.

That's fair enough. I'd like to think there is something that can be done about his constant efforts to promote racial disharmony/xenophobia. There should be as he causes nothing but trouble. But if he's broken the laws, I'm sure we'd know about it. He steps pretty close though - he's little different to some of the hate preachers we've locked up and/or deported. Same baseless lies convincing people to behave in a way that's detrimental to society and the country.

The sooner people learn to ignore him the better imo.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 18:55]

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 656 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:02 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

a thread about no platforming farage and keeping him off bbc radio 2, and you post:

"Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say."

i was going to go back and show the discussion between you and giant ulla that led to you saying that, but i can't be bothered. what is the point.

I warned you not to come back all puffed up like a red faced Fugu clutching your feeble and flailing gotcha moment, didn't I?

Now you've gone and embarrassed yourself.

Silly Lowhouse.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:41 - Jan 21 with 641 viewsChurchman

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:43 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

They won't.

I agree with that. People like this, even nutters like the national front should be allowed to air their views. They always hang themselves with their nonsense and have no hiding place when their arguments are torn to pieces. They will then hopefully disappear.
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:48 - Jan 21 with 627 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:41 - Jan 21 by Churchman

I agree with that. People like this, even nutters like the national front should be allowed to air their views. They always hang themselves with their nonsense and have no hiding place when their arguments are torn to pieces. They will then hopefully disappear.

They hang themselves by gleefully increasing their wealth and successfully removing the UK from the the EU by using lies and hatred to divide us?

Doesn't sound much like a hanging to me. Sounds like they might be enjoying themselves.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:51 - Jan 21 with 617 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:32 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

I warned you not to come back all puffed up like a red faced Fugu clutching your feeble and flailing gotcha moment, didn't I?

Silly Lowhouse.

I thought you were supporting the notion of deplatforming too tbh mr. What would you do instead?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:52 - Jan 21 with 614 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:32 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Silly Lowhouse.

it really is like trying to reason with a child.

that's lovely. well done.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024