Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now 19:57 - Jan 26 with 3680 viewsSarge

Clearly not going for the player was he, ffs
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:04 - Jan 26 with 910 viewsSimonds92

Ridiculous challenge, not sure if he fancied being out there.
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:04 - Jan 26 with 911 viewsLankHenners

Doesn’t have to be. Poorly timed rather than completely reckless and far from the most egregious tackle but he’s late and it’s a dangerous challenge.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:05 - Jan 26 with 892 viewsDanTheMan

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:00 - Jan 26 by jeera

Mills agrees with you.

Disclaimer - I am not watching!

If you view it just as it was, it just looked like a bit of a coming together.

The replay was something else though. Incredibly reckless, as others have said, could have just snapped his leg.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 862 views26_Paz

Stupid challenge. You can’t go in like that and expect to stay on.

The Paz Man

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:07 - Jan 26 with 854 viewseasynote

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 19:59 - Jan 26 by gibbsm1

It’s one the worst Fouls I’ve seen from an Ipswich player. Jackson is terrible and always has been.

One of the worst we have ever made £1.5 million we were conned
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:13 - Jan 26 with 762 viewsSimonds92

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:07 - Jan 26 by easynote

One of the worst we have ever made £1.5 million we were conned

Up there with Lee martin definitely.
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:14 - Jan 26 with 751 viewsrattram

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:03 - Jan 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am guessing Mills has not seen the replay and I would be shocked if he doesn't change his mind when he does.

Mills obviously doesn't have a TV otherwise he would know it's a bad tackle
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 733 viewsjas0999

Clear red.
Login to get fewer ads

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:25 - Jan 26 with 677 viewsBrianTablet

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:02 - Jan 26 by OsmansCleanSheet

‘Not even dangerous’. It could’ve broken his leg! That’s as clear a red card as you will ever see. Shocking challenge.

I hope the defender is ok. I mean, for how long do you think he will be out?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:29]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:29 - Jan 26 with 655 viewsSpruceMoose

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:06 - Jan 26 by 26_Paz

Stupid challenge. You can’t go in like that and expect to stay on.

Agreed! It was a right Paz post of a challenge. Deserves a ban!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:38 - Jan 26 with 632 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:40 - Jan 26 with 610 viewsStokieBlue

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:38 - Jan 26 by BryanPlug

Intent is irrelevant.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 586 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:25 - Jan 26 by BrianTablet

I hope the defender is ok. I mean, for how long do you think he will be out?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:29]

It looks worse on every showing.

You don't have to actually break a player's leg for it to be a potential leg-breaker of a challenge.

The experts in the studio have no question that it was a clear red.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 584 viewsSpruceMoose

You'd be going nuts if it had been a 'tackle' on one of ours.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:44 - Jan 26 with 560 viewsprozach

Looks even worse in those replays. Absolutely nailed-on red

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:46 - Jan 26 with 544 viewsspringfield

Seen several of those sorts of challenges against us not given....

But doesn’t take away the fact that was 100% straight red. What a moron.
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:46 - Jan 26 with 545 viewsgordon

That's all fine, but it isn't relevant to whether it's a red card or not.
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:46 - Jan 26 with 533 viewslongtimefan

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:44 - Jan 26 by prozach

Looks even worse in those replays. Absolutely nailed-on red

Must admit at first viewing I thought he was the one fouled but the replay angle shows it was a clear red.
If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:52 - Jan 26 with 473 views26_Paz

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:29 - Jan 26 by SpruceMoose

Agreed! It was a right Paz post of a challenge. Deserves a ban!

Very good, I’ll give you that one!

The Paz Man

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:55 - Jan 26 with 467 viewsDarth_Koont

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 19:58 - Jan 26 by BrianTablet

Absolutely. He had eyes on the ball. Tried a fancy turn.
No malice. Not even dangerous unless the defender gets his leg under his foot.
Football is arse.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:01]

Agreed. The replay clearly shows his eyes are on the ball and he’s looking to get his leg across it. Then the Sunderland player comes in quickly from the side and meets Jackson’s raised foot.

I can see how it probably looked worse/intentional from the ref’s angle so these things happen. But think there might be a decent chance to appeal this one.

The irony was it was nothing like Winchester’s challenge where he was off the ground and went into the back of the player with the ball already gone.

Pronouns: He/Him

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:58 - Jan 26 with 449 viewsjeera

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:03 - Jan 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am guessing Mills has not seen the replay and I would be shocked if he doesn't change his mind when he does.

Yeah that was pretty much it from what they've said since.

Clarified they hadn't seen it clearly and now agree it was a nasty challenge.

Sorry Sarge!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:59 - Jan 26 with 440 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree it wasn’t intentional. I can only assume people haven’t seen the replay where Jackson’s clearly not looking at the player but the ball.

I understand why the ref gave it though. Although he should have given Winchester a straight red on the same principle though.

Pronouns: He/Him

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 21:03 - Jan 26 with 417 viewsjeera

If that’s a red card then let’s just pack up now on 20:59 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

Agree it wasn’t intentional. I can only assume people haven’t seen the replay where Jackson’s clearly not looking at the player but the ball.

I understand why the ref gave it though. Although he should have given Winchester a straight red on the same principle though.

Reckless/clumsy as opposed to malicious?

Fair donut.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024