Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forum seen as 'negative'? 20:59 - Jan 30 with 4600 viewsCoco

Does that mean the opinion of all at the club is that the majority of fans are positive and the vocal minority are just venting on forums?

Fans will flock back in droves to support when allowed to?

Did that one game with fans fuel this opinion?

Fans have no way of voicing opinion so this indicates we are not being heard. If fans were able to attend Lambert would be vilified like nothing PR has ever seen before. Evans would be destroyed. Fans are being held in utter contempt by those who are currently untouchable.

The club seems to forget we are in division 3. Yes we have 'no divine right' to win games but it is your job Mr Lambert to make us win games. I am so angry with everything at the club right now.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 08:02 - Jan 31 with 1328 viewsshamboy

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 07:58 - Jan 31 by DanTheMan

Stalinist? Wtf.

What a load of fecking nonsense.

Think about it. Should this forum not be a broad church? Shutting down non-centrist opinion is best described as Stalinist. In all seriousness, is there a better word for it?
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 1313 viewsDanTheMan

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 08:02 - Jan 31 by shamboy

Think about it. Should this forum not be a broad church? Shutting down non-centrist opinion is best described as Stalinist. In all seriousness, is there a better word for it?

No one is prevented from being positive.

The fact is that a lot of us have some very good reasons to be negative right now. This is probably one of the only times I've seen the forum united in one direction.

So I'd just say you're flat out wrong. I'd have no idea the the "centrist" view here would be because he is sod all to do with politics.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:14 - Jan 31 with 1179 viewsjeera

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 07:52 - Jan 31 by shamboy

This is a frankly Stalinist attempt to stifle non-negativity :(

Is it possible that the club is right in thinking this forum is a seedbed of negativity?

Stalinist you plum.

If it suits you to side with the budgie troll though, knock yourself out.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 1174 viewsGeoffSentence

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 07:58 - Jan 31 by DanTheMan

Stalinist? Wtf.

What a load of fecking nonsense.

I reckon these new posters giving unconditional support to the club are club stooges, trying to shift opinion. They are crap at it though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 1167 viewsjeera

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:23 - Jan 31 by GeoffSentence

I reckon these new posters giving unconditional support to the club are club stooges, trying to shift opinion. They are crap at it though.

Spoken like a true Marxist.

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:28 - Jan 31 with 1145 viewsChurchman

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 02:29 - Jan 31 by bluepigeon

If you put yourselves in MEs shoes for a second

Forums like this and other places hounded him to get shot of big Mick, that went well, didn’t it.

It’s little wonder he is ignoring the noise this time.

The moral of the tale is be careful for what you wish

Yes, plenty of people wanted rid of MM. I was one. But I wasn’t proposing the appointment of two idiots that couldn’t run a bath. Was appointing a vaguely competent manager too much to wish for? Clearly it was, but that’s not the fault of people that pay the money to watch the dross being served up.

BCWYWF is a ridiculous phrase suitable for echo chambers like Chris Sutton.

He can and will ignore the noise and the evidence of his own eyes. But all that does for me is prove what his interest level and ambition for the club is. That has nothing to do with this message board or the 1000s of other ITFC supporters who would just like their club to be a bit more than a laughing stock grateful for scraping a point at Crewe.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:45 - Jan 31 with 1105 viewsPJH

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:28 - Jan 31 by Churchman

Yes, plenty of people wanted rid of MM. I was one. But I wasn’t proposing the appointment of two idiots that couldn’t run a bath. Was appointing a vaguely competent manager too much to wish for? Clearly it was, but that’s not the fault of people that pay the money to watch the dross being served up.

He can and will ignore the noise and the evidence of his own eyes. But all that does for me is prove what his interest level and ambition for the club is. That has nothing to do with this message board or the 1000s of other ITFC supporters who would just like their club to be a bit more than a laughing stock grateful for scraping a point at Crewe.

I think the 'two idiots that could not run a bath' might be partly my fault because when I was arguing with 'idiots' abusing MM at Brentford I said that I hoped that they got the manager that they deserved.

They did, they got Hurst.

I did not say that I hoped they got another incompetent to follow him though.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:04 - Jan 31 with 1072 viewsstantheman

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 08:05 - Jan 31 by DanTheMan

No one is prevented from being positive.

The fact is that a lot of us have some very good reasons to be negative right now. This is probably one of the only times I've seen the forum united in one direction.

So I'd just say you're flat out wrong. I'd have no idea the the "centrist" view here would be because he is sod all to do with politics.

Everything on here is politicised. You should know that.
Login to get fewer ads

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 1069 viewsJ2BLUE

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 08:02 - Jan 31 by shamboy

You think this forum is centrist?!?!?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:08 - Jan 31 with 1056 viewsjeera

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:06 - Jan 31 by J2BLUE

That's what you took from that!?

He calls me a Stalinist for telling a budgie troll he's talking sh1t and that's your problem?

!!!1

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:13 - Jan 31 with 1030 viewsjayessess

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:28 - Jan 31 by Churchman

Mick McCarthy wasn't going to be Ipswich Town manager forever, was he? It was up to Evans to actually plan for life without him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:14 - Jan 31 with 1024 viewsjeera

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:13 - Jan 31 by jayessess

Mick McCarthy wasn't going to be Ipswich Town manager forever, was he? It was up to Evans to actually plan for life without him.

A plan would be nice.

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:16 - Jan 31 with 1009 viewsScottCandage

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 22:18 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

You have to bear in mind the silent majority. Who happen to be invisible as well.

That's the fun thing about a silent majority - you can put any words into their mouths you want.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:16 - Jan 31 with 1009 viewsjayessess

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:14 - Jan 31 by jeera

A plan would be nice.

Planning is for other clubs. The Ipswich way is just to let things drift for months until eventually the manager is staying in post on a game-by-game basis.

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:18 - Jan 31 with 995 viewsflettonblue

The forum just reflects the current issues of the time,what positivity us there to talk about? Only so much to be said about our last two wins (both v Burton ! ). Truth hurts.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:20 - Jan 31 with 992 viewsFacefacts

It would be interesting to see the Ifollow viewing figures for the last few ITFC matches. Except Sunderland which wasn't available to some of us due to being on Sky. That match being on Sky meant more people watched than normal. I would imagine that, like viewers circling around the Celtic supporter videos since Christmas looking for Neil Lennon's interviews and feedback since his emotional reaction to their Dubai trip, the viewing figures will be higher than normal.

TWTD is a fantastic site for current (season ticket holders and supporters who would attend if the stadium was open) and previous supporters of whatever vintage. The site is becoming more and more important in days of lockdown and people having more time on their hands to join in. And being at home all the time seems to make me review the past, which is a trap.

There is a sense of the vultures hovering around, ready for the manager change to be made. TWTD being easily accessible to all and the availability of matches on ifollow means that both current and previous supporters can watch events unfold.

It is easy for the club's representative to class TWTD as negative, but the problem with that is we lose access to the players and management.

We know that when you criticise Paul Lambert there is no coming back, no forgiveness, no nothing. So Phil Ham and Stuart Watson have now found. Feel sorry for them and I think I remember Phil selling the TWTD fanzine at away grounds when I used to go to every game in the Dozzell senior era. So, a long time ago. It will have hurt them to lose their access, especially as the aim of forcing the management change seems to have failed, for now anyway.

Brenner Woolley has found the right approach to interviewing Paul Lambert. He will hand the manager a couple of easy yes or no responses, and very very gently put in the questions he really wants answering, later in the interview. That is about the best we can expect to get. One example from the pre-Crewe was the few words he got from the manager on Myles Kenlock.

For me I saw enough on Ifollow to keep Myles in the team for the next match, but I am going off at a tangent there.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:21 - Jan 31 with 984 viewsjeera

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:16 - Jan 31 by jayessess

Planning is for other clubs. The Ipswich way is just to let things drift for months until eventually the manager is staying in post on a game-by-game basis.

That does seem to be the pattern.

It's been said a million times I know, and yet we are all still bemused how such a successful business person can get so much so wrong.

It's almost like you need to get people in who know what they are doing.

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:26 - Jan 31 with 973 viewsWD19

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 17:23 - Jan 31 by GeoffSentence

Their performance level is a dead giveaway that they are linked to the club.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:31 - Jan 31 with 964 viewsjayessess

I wonder if a lot of the gap in ideas about negativity and positivity is related to what the club and supporters thought in August.

It seems that for the club, 2019-20 was done and dusted and everyone started 2020-21 with a clean slate. But, for supporters, who generally felt Lambert had failed badly in 2019-20, we thought Lambert was on borrowed time and had deserved the sack in the Summer. That it was generous to give him another shot and he better absolutely nail it or get gone.

So when this season started well, there was still a lot of negative comments, when the club thought they'd cracked it and everyone should bow down. Then when the season got worse, the club saw an injury-related blip, rather than history repeating itself. Which is why they saw all the criticism as over-the-top.

Basically, they memory-holed last season and we didn't.

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:53 - Jan 31 with 932 viewsstantheman

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:16 - Jan 31 by jayessess

They bring out a 5 year plan and after that has failed they bring out another 5 year plan and repeat until one works. The only problem being we havn't found one that works yet. Give it another 5 years and we will strike gold.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 923 viewsCoco

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:53 - Jan 31 by stantheman

They bring out a 5 year plan and after that has failed they bring out another 5 year plan and repeat until one works. The only problem being we havn't found one that works yet. Give it another 5 years and we will strike gold.

He’s probably too old now and well invested at West Ham.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 19:15 - Jan 31 with 908 viewsChrisd

I’d like the club to tell us what there is to be positive about? Honestly, there’s not a lot at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 19:34 - Jan 31 with 886 viewsChurchman

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 19:15 - Jan 31 by Chrisd

I’d like the club to tell us what there is to be positive about? Honestly, there’s not a lot at the moment.

That wouldn’t take long. About as long as not saying anything at all. And they must know it, surely.
Forum seen as 'negative'? on 19:51 - Jan 31 with 855 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:04 - Jan 31 by stantheman

Everything on here is politicised. You should know that.

Recognising Lambert as wanting isn’t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 20:14 - Jan 31 with 830 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forum seen as 'negative'? on 18:06 - Jan 31 by J2BLUE

Perceptions are interesting things. There’s quite a few lefty bumfesters on here, but I also think they’re seen as more left as they would have been a few years ago, as the country has lurched to the populist right.

What hasn’t happened on here is embracing that populist nationalist and creeping alt-right influence in the UK. I think that’s something we should be proud of. Anyone aligning with people like Steven Yaxley Lennon is rightly given short shrift if they can’t articulate a reason for their comments. Same goes to anyone really - we’re tolerant unless people can’t make a case for what they post.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024