Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest 14:45 - Feb 8 with 1096 viewsHarry_Palmer

To win, teams must create...

“a solution that can pull carbon dioxide directly from the atmosphere or oceans and lock it away permanently in an environmentally benign way”

Congratulations to whoever invents forests.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/08/elon-musk-pledges-100m-to-ca

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:06 - Feb 8 with 1042 viewsEireannach_gorm

Bog off!

https://greennews.ie/soil-standing-on-a-solution-to-climate-change/
Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:06 - Feb 8 with 1043 viewsSwansea_Blue

There'll only ever be one Forrest

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:23 - Feb 8 with 1014 viewsJ2BLUE

I must say I had the wrong opinion of him. An opinion formed on a few issues (like the untrue paedo comment to one of the rescue divers) and a few tweets. Recently though i've heard a few interviews with him and he seems a genuinely decent bloke.

Lesson learnt. Don't judge someone you don't know based on a couple of isolated incidents.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:25 - Feb 8 with 1006 viewsStokieBlue

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:23 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

I must say I had the wrong opinion of him. An opinion formed on a few issues (like the untrue paedo comment to one of the rescue divers) and a few tweets. Recently though i've heard a few interviews with him and he seems a genuinely decent bloke.

Lesson learnt. Don't judge someone you don't know based on a couple of isolated incidents.

Tesla (so by extension him) bought 1.5bn bitcoins today.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:26 - Feb 8 with 1000 viewsJ2BLUE

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:25 - Feb 8 by StokieBlue

SB

$1.5bn?

Truly impaired.

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:28 - Feb 8 with 996 viewsStokieBlue

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:26 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

$1.5bn?

Yes, sorry, missed of the currency.

Quite some purchase, I wonder what the Tesla shareholders make of that. Not sure they invested to take a punt on Bitcoin.

SB
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:28]

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:29 - Feb 8 with 992 viewsDanTheMan

Really? What interviews, as my view of him is that his popularity is little more than "he likes memes, just like me!" whilst acting like a standard billionaire?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:29]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:30 - Feb 8 with 982 viewsfooters

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:25 - Feb 8 by StokieBlue

SB

Interesting that they're looking to take BTC as payment for their vehicles too. Musk's been up to a lot of sneaky stuff recently, wonder where this'll end up.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:31 - Feb 8 with 973 viewsDanTheMan

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:30 - Feb 8 by footers

Interesting that they're looking to take BTC as payment for their vehicles too. Musk's been up to a lot of sneaky stuff recently, wonder where this'll end up.

It is quite funny taking Bitcoin as payment when it's incredibly environmentally unfriendly.

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:31 - Feb 8 with 968 viewsJ2BLUE

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:29 - Feb 8 by DanTheMan

Really? What interviews, as my view of him is that his popularity is little more than "he likes memes, just like me!" whilst acting like a standard billionaire?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:29]

The last one I watched was him on Joe Rogan talking about whether we're in a simulated reality.

Truly impaired.

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:32 - Feb 8 with 963 viewsStokieBlue

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:30 - Feb 8 by footers

The criminals dream, what better way to launder your hard earned gains than to buy 100's of Tesla's.

I wonder how much of a personal stash he was sitting on before the purchase.....

SB
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 16:22]

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:32 - Feb 8 with 962 viewsDanTheMan

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:31 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

The last one I watched was him on Joe Rogan talking about whether we're in a simulated reality.

Is that the one where he smokes weed?

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:34 - Feb 8 with 950 viewsJ2BLUE

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:32 - Feb 8 by DanTheMan

Is that the one where he smokes weed?

No idea. I haven't seen the whole episode. They were drinking something. Didn't see them smoking.

Truly impaired.

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 940 viewsDanTheMan

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:34 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

No idea. I haven't seen the whole episode. They were drinking something. Didn't see them smoking.

Just had a look, it was that episode.

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 885 viewsfactual_blue

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:06 - Feb 8 by Swansea_Blue

There'll only ever be one Forrest

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 17:05 - Feb 8 with 841 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Even Max Zorin of Zorin industries knew how to be charming at parties and in media interviews.

It's Odds-on that Musk has an island, somewhere, with a big laser in it, guarded by mercenaries in black polo neck jumpers.
Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 18:34 - Feb 8 with 772 viewsFunge

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 17:05 - Feb 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Even Max Zorin of Zorin industries knew how to be charming at parties and in media interviews.

It's Odds-on that Musk has an island, somewhere, with a big laser in it, guarded by mercenaries in black polo neck jumpers.

Outstanding villain choice.
Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 20:13 - Feb 8 with 728 viewsazuremerlangus

Build a really long pipe into the sky and pump the CO2 into the vacuum of space.

Job done.

PayPal me Elon...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 20:14]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 20:47 - Feb 8 with 693 viewsSpruceMoose

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 15:31 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

Dude... Joe Rogan? You're watching/listening to that guy?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 21:13 - Feb 8 with 669 viewsjaykay

very strange down vote there from lightworker. very apt name by looks of things
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 21:14]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 21:15 - Feb 8 with 661 viewsJ2BLUE

Elon Musk pledges $100m to carbon capture contest on 20:47 - Feb 8 by SpruceMoose

Dude... Joe Rogan? You're watching/listening to that guy?

I don't intentionally seek him out but occasionally i'll be watching videos on a topic and it eventually leads to a clip of his. For example I watched Gamechangers and he had James Wilks on there and I wanted to see that.

Can't remember how I got there for Musk.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024