Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on 18:49 - Feb 13 with 1505 viewschrismakin

We're 5 points off 6th, with teams above us, and yes we have games in hand, but we've still also got to play them above too

Now apart from the fact the win % is 32%, no wins against any of the top 7th teams, there's also this for Evans to remember

Lambert joined town on 27th October 2018, we were bottom, 5 points from safety with 31 games left to play - 93 points available

He managed to win 4 games that season, 4!!! out of 31 games, now there's a case about squad he inherited, BUT he did indeed have a transfer window to bring in emergencies, and still didn't do anything

SO what in the bloody hell makes you Evans think that Lambert has what it takes to win a long run of games to finish in a play off position in league 1, there is literally nothing to suggest he is capable of it.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:53]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 18:52 - Feb 13 with 1479 viewsMrTown

We won’t be going on any run I’m afraid.

Seasons over.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 18:56 - Feb 13 with 1460 viewsThe_Last_Baron

All four of those wins were lucky. I remember Rotherham at home when 'backs fo the wall' didn't do justice to our defensive effort.

V Leeds their keeper handed us the game in the last minute, they also missed a pen at 2-2.

I think we also beat Wigan 1-0, another scrambled display.

Does the win away to Bolton near the end of the season count?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:03 - Feb 13 with 1420 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Most fans fully expected the new manager to turn things around. Instead we got worse that season, not better.
Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:04 - Feb 13 with 1409 viewsNthQldITFC

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 18:52 - Feb 13 by MrTown

We won’t be going on any run I’m afraid.

Seasons over.

With an immediate inspirational change of manager it would be very possible.

Madness not to act now.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:04 - Feb 13 with 1405 viewsBlueBadger

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 18:56 - Feb 13 by The_Last_Baron

All four of those wins were lucky. I remember Rotherham at home when 'backs fo the wall' didn't do justice to our defensive effort.

V Leeds their keeper handed us the game in the last minute, they also missed a pen at 2-2.

The two wins against Bolton and Leeds were both dead rubbers and worth nothing as we were already down.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:31 - Feb 13 with 1299 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:04 - Feb 13 by NthQldITFC

Madness not to act now.

Agreed, a new manager could put a run of good results together.

Sadly, not Lambert.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:41 - Feb 13 with 1190 viewsParky

Still winds me up that he and the players got applauded off the pitch after we got relegated.
Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:52 - Feb 13 with 1162 viewsbobbyramsey

Even if we won all (ahem) of the games in hand it would only effect a couple of positions. A lot of the teams are out of reach and some have played fewer games than us.
Login to get fewer ads

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:58 - Feb 13 with 1150 viewsBlueBadger

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:41 - Feb 13 by Parky

Still winds me up that he and the players got applauded off the pitch after we got relegated.

The Lambo banner, the gushing talk about 'we've got our club back' and h'the performances are improved'....what were people thinking?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 1042 viewsDubtractor

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 18:56 - Feb 13 by The_Last_Baron

That Rotherham game was remarkable, they absolutely gave us a lesson that day, least deserved win I've seen in years.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 22:17 - Feb 13 with 1019 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:58 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

The Lambo banner, the gushing talk about 'we've got our club back' and h'the performances are improved'....what were people thinking?

Even you thought that Lambert was at least competent to begin with though. You thought he would prevent relegation from the Championship?
Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 23:03 - Feb 13 with 976 viewsBlueBadger

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 22:17 - Feb 13 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Even you thought that Lambert was at least competent to begin with though. You thought he would prevent relegation from the Championship?

LOL no. I think the most I ever said was 'well, he's saying the right things, let's see what he can do on the pitch'.

I certainly never kidded myself that endless limp defeats and a gutless relegation was evidence of improvement.

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 23:11 - Feb 13 with 955 viewsBent_double

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 20:41 - Feb 13 by Parky

Would you have preferred people screaming abuse and hatred in the players' faces?

I think most fans realised there was no point kicking them while they were down, and that a bit of encouragement was needed.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 23:46 - Feb 13 with 927 viewsMrTown

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 19:04 - Feb 13 by NthQldITFC

Madness not to act now.

Absolutely.

Hence I say, seasons over.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 765 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 23:03 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

LOL no. I think the most I ever said was 'well, he's saying the right things, let's see what he can do on the pitch'.

I certainly never kidded myself that endless limp defeats and a gutless relegation was evidence of improvement.

Well you had seen enough after a month of him as manager to say a couple of times that you thought we'd climb the league to finish 15th and that he was 'a competent-to-very-good manager'.

We were all wrong, weren't we? I don't think it helps at all to have a pop at supporters for supporting, however blindly. Including those who thought relegation would somehow provide an impetus... or those who tried to find something positive to cling on to from a relegation to a league we haven't been in for a generation whilst the club we've been following since we were boys gets shredded to pieces... or those who actively tried to keep the spirits of other supporters up and promote a sense of belonging in their use of banners, whilst the club was turning its back.

It's easy to be wise after the event, isn't it?
Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 09:44 - Feb 14 with 741 viewsHerbivore

Lamberts apparent run we're about to go on on 22:09 - Feb 13 by Dubtractor

That Rotherham game was remarkable, they absolutely gave us a lesson that day, least deserved win I've seen in years.

Yeah, we absolutely mugged them. We were worse that day than in the infamous Rotherham at home game under Mick. Think we ventured into their half twice all game and somehow nicked a goal on one of those visits. The Wigan game was similar, we were terrible but scrambled a goal and got totally bossed for most of the game. Those games really were a measure of how poor we'd become, to think things have got even worse since.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024