Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. 23:58 - Feb 23 with 16957 viewsCokeIsKey

So on Saturday someone Tweeted this, saying an American consortium was looking to buy us, employing a championship CEO. Looked like just another rumour at the time, but something to be exited about.

Following that, news emerges from Bristol which suggests the consortium wants Mark Ashton, current CEO of Bristol City. This is backed up by the fact that he held talks in America in 2019 about a potential deal with a consortium which never went over the line - perhaps they are trying to arrange a similar deal with us.

Finally today, just before the match, someone (somehow) discovered that American businessman and partner in Phoenix Rising football club, Brett Johnson, follows both Ipswich Town and Bristol on Twitter, perhaps providing the much needed connection between the two clubs. He employed Frank Yallop, and therefore perhaps took advice from him on which football club to invest in.

Obviously it’s still early days and there could be nothing to it, but it’s definitely something to be hopeful for in the near future - he progressed Phoenix Rising to the brink of the MLS so there’s no doubt we could go some way with him.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 0:08]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:03 - Feb 24 with 7810 viewssimoitfc

Then get yallop in to take over. I like it 👍🏼
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:11 - Feb 24 with 7748 viewsSarge

I love how what is essentially a random text message from nobody has spiralled into this. Twitter seems to be awash with it too.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:48 - Feb 24 with 7623 viewsTieDyedIn95

I have a feeling a lot of people will be pretending they didn't share this latest fan fiction when it loses steam over the next few weeks.

US consortium led by Bristol City's CEO is buying a third division side for 40million quid plus absorbing the existing 100mil debt. They'd never see a return on it! This is mostly just wishful thinking on behalf of Bristol City fans who hate their CEO and Ipswich fans who can't understand Evans logic yet, as in there is none.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 01:37 - Feb 24 with 7506 viewsJ2BLUE

This is brilliant. About as convincing and lacking in any evidence whatsoever as those youtube videos 'proving' random conspiracies.

What we have here is 2+2+2 = 103

It might be true but at the moment it's three extremely flimsy pieces of 'evidence' fuelled by desperation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 04:58 - Feb 24 with 7302 viewsEl_Fenix

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:48 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

I have a feeling a lot of people will be pretending they didn't share this latest fan fiction when it loses steam over the next few weeks.

US consortium led by Bristol City's CEO is buying a third division side for 40million quid plus absorbing the existing 100mil debt. They'd never see a return on it! This is mostly just wishful thinking on behalf of Bristol City fans who hate their CEO and Ipswich fans who can't understand Evans logic yet, as in there is none.

No rational purchaser would simply take over a £100 million debt at face value as part of a purchase. They would want to purchase the debt at a steep discount. A price of £40 million sounds high to me, but could be 'in the ballpark' as they say in the United States.

Brett M. Johnson is wealthy and invests in football clubs. For some recent background, see:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2548411/phoenix-rising-announces-ownership-trans

Phoenix Rising FC has been very successful in the USL (the second tier of US 'soccer') during the past three or four years. They play attractive attacking football and have several excellent players, including an eye-catching Ghanaian winger, Solomon Asante.

I would be happy if both of the clubs I support end up being owned by Brett M. Johnson.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 05:50 - Feb 24 with 7198 viewsHalifaxBlue

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 04:58 - Feb 24 by El_Fenix

No rational purchaser would simply take over a £100 million debt at face value as part of a purchase. They would want to purchase the debt at a steep discount. A price of £40 million sounds high to me, but could be 'in the ballpark' as they say in the United States.

Brett M. Johnson is wealthy and invests in football clubs. For some recent background, see:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2548411/phoenix-rising-announces-ownership-trans

Phoenix Rising FC has been very successful in the USL (the second tier of US 'soccer') during the past three or four years. They play attractive attacking football and have several excellent players, including an eye-catching Ghanaian winger, Solomon Asante.

I would be happy if both of the clubs I support end up being owned by Brett M. Johnson.

IIRC it is widely understood that Evans does not expect the debt (which I believe is entirely owed to him) to be paid back, and that he would write it off as part of any sale.

For the record I think the poster who said this is 2+2=103 is spot on and this is some real mental gymnastics.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 06:20 - Feb 24 with 7099 viewsChurchman

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 01:37 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

This is brilliant. About as convincing and lacking in any evidence whatsoever as those youtube videos 'proving' random conspiracies.

What we have here is 2+2+2 = 103

It might be true but at the moment it's three extremely flimsy pieces of 'evidence' fuelled by desperation.

Agreed. Mind you, if there’s a new staff member stating work next month at Ipswich hospital with a north American accent it could be true ........

Donald Trump has time on his hands and a few pounds in his pocket. Imagine that 😱
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:49 - Feb 24 with 6526 viewsHerbivore

I've been sceptical until now but it's hard to ignore the weight of these pieces of compelling evidence. I for one welcome our new American overlords.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:53 - Feb 24 with 6487 viewsBluedanW

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:49 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

I've been sceptical until now but it's hard to ignore the weight of these pieces of compelling evidence. I for one welcome our new American overlords.

I have just had a look on his twitter page and he is an investor and board member of Danish football club Helsingor, not our friends from Sweden 20 years ago.
They got promoted to the top Danish league last season with only 1 team up/down
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:56 - Feb 24 with 6450 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 06:20 - Feb 24 by Churchman

Agreed. Mind you, if there’s a new staff member stating work next month at Ipswich hospital with a north American accent it could be true ........

Donald Trump has time on his hands and a few pounds in his pocket. Imagine that 😱

Trump can't afford it. He didn't even earn enough to pay tax for most of the last ten years.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:57 - Feb 24 with 6439 viewsLord_Lucan

There is truth in the takeover but it's not that B Johnson.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:59 - Feb 24 with 6404 viewsBluedanW

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:57 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

B Johnson.

Buy Ipswich town football club, but don't buy Ipswich town football club. Go and watch Ipswich town football club, but if you can't, don't go and watch Ipswich town football club.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:10 - Feb 24 with 6291 viewsChurchman

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:56 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

Trump can't afford it. He didn't even earn enough to pay tax for most of the last ten years.

He’s selling his Scottish golf course and bunging in the fighting fund he conned out of the republican idiots of $200m and never used.

The future’s bright, the future’s orange! Classic tango away kit next year here we come... Sorted!
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:12 - Feb 24 with 6257 viewsfooters

I've seen a totally legit WhatsApp message confirming Father Christmas' whereabouts too. Still needs a little investigation but surely something in it.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:15 - Feb 24 with 6205 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 07:57 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:16 - Feb 24 with 6198 viewsIpswichKnight

Starting to be more than whispers in the wind now. It’s certainly true that Evans has been looking to sell for some years now, we can’t be certain but it does look like there is interest from our rebellious colonies across the pond. Let’s hope it comes true. God Bless the United States!
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:17 - Feb 24 with 6161 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:10 - Feb 24 by Churchman

He’s selling his Scottish golf course and bunging in the fighting fund he conned out of the republican idiots of $200m and never used.

The future’s bright, the future’s orange! Classic tango away kit next year here we come... Sorted!

Now imagine "The greatest football team the world has ever seen" in Trump's voice.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:17 - Feb 24 with 6155 viewsportmanking

Pray tell? Or is that just a gut feeling?
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:20 - Feb 24 with 6119 viewsBluedanW

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:16 - Feb 24 by IpswichKnight

Starting to be more than whispers in the wind now. It’s certainly true that Evans has been looking to sell for some years now, we can’t be certain but it does look like there is interest from our rebellious colonies across the pond. Let’s hope it comes true. God Bless the United States!

As long as we don't have to 'whoop yeah' when we score.
Or call the extra half hour after a draw 'overtime'

Let's hope we get some decent players in the pre season draft man
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 6096 viewsChurchman

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:17 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

Now imagine "The greatest football team the world has ever seen" in Trump's voice.

Elvis wigs replaced by orange candy floss ones as Trump conducts the crowd....

I feel unwell
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 6089 viewsfooters

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:17 - Feb 24 by portmanking

Pray tell? Or is that just a gut feeling?

Lucan wants it to be Boris Johnson for the banter. It's well funny right because he's a crap politician with funny hair but Lucan reckons it would wind up the lefties. Lol.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:27 - Feb 24 with 6024 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:21 - Feb 24 by Churchman

Elvis wigs replaced by orange candy floss ones as Trump conducts the crowd....

I feel unwell

Half time speeches which would make Delia's "Where are you" look coherent and rational.

At least we'd be on the TV a lot. 10 O'Clock News, Have I Got News For You, every talking head comedy programme on Channel 4 ...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 8:28]

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:29 - Feb 24 with 6006 viewsportmanking

It's certainly intriguing that the only clubs Johnson follows on Twitter are clubs he's had some kind of working or commercial relationship with...
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:31 - Feb 24 with 5964 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:16 - Feb 24 by IpswichKnight

It's still very much whispers in the wind.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:32 - Feb 24 with 5971 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:20 - Feb 24 by BluedanW

As long as we don't have to 'whoop yeah' when we score.
Or call the extra half hour after a draw 'overtime'

Let's hope we get some decent players in the pre season draft man

Free kicks sponsored by FedEx deliveries - get it up and over the wall.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024