Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. 23:58 - Feb 23 with 16900 viewsCokeIsKey

So on Saturday someone Tweeted this, saying an American consortium was looking to buy us, employing a championship CEO. Looked like just another rumour at the time, but something to be exited about.

Following that, news emerges from Bristol which suggests the consortium wants Mark Ashton, current CEO of Bristol City. This is backed up by the fact that he held talks in America in 2019 about a potential deal with a consortium which never went over the line - perhaps they are trying to arrange a similar deal with us.

Finally today, just before the match, someone (somehow) discovered that American businessman and partner in Phoenix Rising football club, Brett Johnson, follows both Ipswich Town and Bristol on Twitter, perhaps providing the much needed connection between the two clubs. He employed Frank Yallop, and therefore perhaps took advice from him on which football club to invest in.

Obviously it’s still early days and there could be nothing to it, but it’s definitely something to be hopeful for in the near future - he progressed Phoenix Rising to the brink of the MLS so there’s no doubt we could go some way with him.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 0:08]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:33 - Feb 24 with 2152 viewsChurchman

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:27 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

Half time speeches which would make Delia's "Where are you" look coherent and rational.

At least we'd be on the TV a lot. 10 O'Clock News, Have I Got News For You, every talking head comedy programme on Channel 4 ...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 8:28]

He wouldn’t be holding back on firing the manager for underperforming either. We’d be all over Twitter (if he could get his account back), Melania in the directors box, Guiliani as CEO, his son as Defence Minister, god bless america before every game. What could go wrong?
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:35 - Feb 24 with 2138 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:32 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

Free kicks sponsored by FedEx deliveries - get it up and over the wall.

It's that whole "Boston goals" thing Soccer AM did years ago isn't it?

Illegal arm infringement in the end zone. Apex restart.

That sort of thing.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 2128 viewsBryanPlug

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:48 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

I have a feeling a lot of people will be pretending they didn't share this latest fan fiction when it loses steam over the next few weeks.

US consortium led by Bristol City's CEO is buying a third division side for 40million quid plus absorbing the existing 100mil debt. They'd never see a return on it! This is mostly just wishful thinking on behalf of Bristol City fans who hate their CEO and Ipswich fans who can't understand Evans logic yet, as in there is none.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 2114 viewsGuthrum

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:33 - Feb 24 by Churchman

He wouldn’t be holding back on firing the manager for underperforming either. We’d be all over Twitter (if he could get his account back), Melania in the directors box, Guiliani as CEO, his son as Defence Minister, god bless america before every game. What could go wrong?

Megaphone man replaced by Steve Bannon?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:53 - Feb 24 with 2063 viewsChurchman

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:38 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

Megaphone man replaced by Steve Bannon?

Yep! And the best of it is we’d never be defeated ever again. If the opposition dared score more goals, we could claim ‘fake news!!’

The treatment room would be empty. Who’d go in there with the threat of Trump waddling in with the all-bleach remedy?
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:15 - Feb 24 with 1984 viewsBlueBadger

It's not, it's just more people on Twitter are taking the same Twitter rumour and re-writing it slightly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:22 - Feb 24 with 1962 viewstractorboy7777

It could be one involvement in why the accounts were submitted ridiculously late. Maybe the sale was going to happen sooner?

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:22 - Feb 24 with 1967 viewsitfcjoe

The more I hear about this, the more I think there is definitely something in it....too many pieces coming together.

It's of course still highly unlikely nothing will happen, that they won't be able to agree on price etc, that we carry on as normal.

But there's certainly something happening or happened

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:24 - Feb 24 with 1938 viewsfooters

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:15 - Feb 24 by BlueBadger

It's not, it's just more people on Twitter are taking the same Twitter rumour and re-writing it slightly.

It's worrying how gullible some people are.

Maybe it's time to tell them I'm also TWTD's official wallet inspector.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:25 - Feb 24 with 1941 viewsMonkeyAlan

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:48 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

I have a feeling a lot of people will be pretending they didn't share this latest fan fiction when it loses steam over the next few weeks.

US consortium led by Bristol City's CEO is buying a third division side for 40million quid plus absorbing the existing 100mil debt. They'd never see a return on it! This is mostly just wishful thinking on behalf of Bristol City fans who hate their CEO and Ipswich fans who can't understand Evans logic yet, as in there is none.

Evans takes the £100 million debt on the chin. He effectively wipes it apparently. That was always the way it would be whoever buys the club. The ins and outs matter not anyway however as it's all bullsh!t. No one is buying the club.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:27 - Feb 24 with 1933 viewshype313

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:22 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

The more I hear about this, the more I think there is definitely something in it....too many pieces coming together.

It's of course still highly unlikely nothing will happen, that they won't be able to agree on price etc, that we carry on as normal.

But there's certainly something happening or happened

I had a look at this guy's Linkedin, seems like a well respected, savvy investor.

He posted this the other day too, someone else wrote it, but he was quite vocal about it.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/european-soccer-club-owner-guide-city-fo

I do fear it's another Maurice Steyn scenario...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:27 - Feb 24 with 1927 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans takes the £100 million debt on the chin. He effectively wipes it apparently. That was always the way it would be whoever buys the club. The ins and outs matter not anyway however as it's all bullsh!t. No one is buying the club.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1895 viewsGeoffSentence

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 06:20 - Feb 24 by Churchman

Agreed. Mind you, if there’s a new staff member stating work next month at Ipswich hospital with a north American accent it could be true ........

Donald Trump has time on his hands and a few pounds in his pocket. Imagine that 😱

Donald Trump is part Scotch and proud of that part of his heritage. Lambert is full on Scotch, there is a connection there. This also explains where Lambert has picked up the ability to gaslight as all so flagrantly over the last few months, the structure of his sentences and the focus on his time at big clubs, really big clubs.

It is therefore a fact that Trump is in negotiations to buy the club, but Lambert is going nowhere as Trump wants to keep him on.

Listen out for codeword 'bigly' that's when the deal is imminent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:34 - Feb 24 with 1897 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:27 - Feb 24 by hype313

I had a look at this guy's Linkedin, seems like a well respected, savvy investor.

He posted this the other day too, someone else wrote it, but he was quite vocal about it.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/european-soccer-club-owner-guide-city-fo

I do fear it's another Maurice Steyn scenario...

I don't think it's Maurice Steijn situation, something is happening.

But unless the deal gets done, no one will ever know how close, or how far away from a deal things ever were - or if even if one was ever likely.

I've spoken to a number of people about this, and over the last couple of days it has really ramped up as heard bits here and there - I still say it's unlikely, but it's certainly not just BS and made up

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1874 viewshype313

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:34 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

But unless the deal gets done, no one will ever know how close, or how far away from a deal things ever were - or if even if one was ever likely.

I've spoken to a number of people about this, and over the last couple of days it has really ramped up as heard bits here and there - I still say it's unlikely, but it's certainly not just BS and made up

I would have thought given the current situation Marcus would be more than happy to take a haircut and absolve himself from all things ITFC, it's not worked out at all in 13 years, at somepoint you just have to call it a day and move on.

He'd be mad to be too greedy if something was bubbling.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:20 - Feb 24 by BluedanW

As long as we don't have to 'whoop yeah' when we score.
Or call the extra half hour after a draw 'overtime'

Let's hope we get some decent players in the pre season draft man

I wonder if they'll add stripes to the front of the shirt, plus 47 stars.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:38 - Feb 24 with 1865 viewsBryanPlug

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:34 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 1838 viewsdirtyboy

I've been trying hard to work out what value ITFC has to a consortium type investment.

Ipswich as a town has a decent population, riverside access, close to Colchester and Felixstowe, so there's growth potential around the area still.

Clearly the land the ground sits on has huge value and the council own that.

Here's the one thing I can think of, and that's for Ipswich build a new stadium buying a different much cheaper piece of land from the Council, in a less desireable area, which needs investment, which would then free up the Council to sell and develop prime location land in the centre of the town, with some sort of deal in there, can't think what at the moment.

We know the club needs millions a year paid in, so the ROI on the club is incredibly difficult to deal with for any consortium.

That's not to say there's huge potential in the club being run well, marketed properly etc. It's certainly got Premier League potential still....way off at the moment.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 1842 viewsPhilTWTD

I've heard a couple of things over the last day which similarly suggest there's at least something in it. Not as close as was being claimed, which was presumably why no one seemed to know anything about it last week, but that there is interest and it may have gone slightly beyond Marcus just saying no at the first hurdle so to speak. As you say, a long way before it happens though.
My view remains that.... on 09:56 - Feb 24 with 1819 viewsBloots

...it's probably no different than any number of conversations that Evans has had with any number of potential buyers/investors over recent years.

It's just that as a fan base we are in a place where we are desperate to see something happen.

Add in the recent media attention and it's just getting blown up more than it would have previously.

More people are asking questions than previously, so there are more snippets being heard than previously.

Something may happen, something may not........it's nothing new.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

FFS Phil, you've done it now...... on 09:58 - Feb 24 with 1805 viewsBloots

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:53 - Feb 24 by PhilTWTD

I've heard a couple of things over the last day which similarly suggest there's at least something in it. Not as close as was being claimed, which was presumably why no one seemed to know anything about it last week, but that there is interest and it may have gone slightly beyond Marcus just saying no at the first hurdle so to speak. As you say, a long way before it happens though.

....you've started the hare running!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:00 - Feb 24 with 1790 viewsIpswichKnight

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:51 - Feb 24 by dirtyboy

I've been trying hard to work out what value ITFC has to a consortium type investment.

Ipswich as a town has a decent population, riverside access, close to Colchester and Felixstowe, so there's growth potential around the area still.

Here's the one thing I can think of, and that's for Ipswich build a new stadium buying a different much cheaper piece of land from the Council, in a less desireable area, which needs investment, which would then free up the Council to sell and develop prime location land in the centre of the town, with some sort of deal in there, can't think what at the moment.

We know the club needs millions a year paid in, so the ROI on the club is incredibly difficult to deal with for any consortium.

That's not to say there's huge potential in the club being run well, marketed properly etc. It's certainly got Premier League potential still....way off at the moment.

I’m not so sure about the council selling the land. IF we did get back to the PL and it’s a huge mighty big IF the value to to the Town centre economy far outweighs any deal of selling the land and us moving to an out of Town location.

Look at it from a reach point of view, the local reach of the club could be as far West as Peterborough area and as far South as Brentwood. The global reach for us could be astronomical, Baggott already has as many of not more social media followers than the club and he’s not even a first teamer! A well run engaged club would spot that and run with it, get us in the PL and we’d suddenly have one the most populous countries on the planet behind us!
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:03 - Feb 24 with 1777 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:00 - Feb 24 by IpswichKnight

I’m not so sure about the council selling the land. IF we did get back to the PL and it’s a huge mighty big IF the value to to the Town centre economy far outweighs any deal of selling the land and us moving to an out of Town location.

Look at it from a reach point of view, the local reach of the club could be as far West as Peterborough area and as far South as Brentwood. The global reach for us could be astronomical, Baggott already has as many of not more social media followers than the club and he’s not even a first teamer! A well run engaged club would spot that and run with it, get us in the PL and we’d suddenly have one the most populous countries on the planet behind us!

" ... we’d suddenly have one the most populous countries on the planet behind us!"

T'pau! Just like that

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:08 - Feb 24 with 1748 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:51 - Feb 24 by dirtyboy

Championship clubs have become unattractive as are such a mess financially, and with too many obligations that make reshaping things incredibly difficult.

If you look at what the consortium have done since taking over at Barnsley - clever recruitment of youngsters, selling players for profit and now sitting 10th in the Championship you can see where the value is. EVen looking at Peterborough with the way they deal on transfers can make them almost self sustaining.

There is a route to pick up a distressed asset on the cheap, run it in a way that means overall costs are low by good player trading, and then sell it when value increases in the future. It's not easy, but it's easier to do it with an Ipswich Town than it is with a club at this level without the infrastructure and historic support base that simply can't grow.

There's no reason that if run well, ITFC shouldn't be competing at the same level as Southampton, or even Leicester, but you have to take the right steps and do things properly over time.....that instead of looking at clubs like Southampton and Leicester, we look at Norwich and Brentford as miles ahead of us shows us how far there is to go

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:17 - Feb 24 with 1696 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:15 - Feb 24 by Guthrum

?

Imagine that.
Would certainly turn around this highway to hell we are currently on.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024