Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. 23:58 - Feb 23 with 16898 viewsCokeIsKey

So on Saturday someone Tweeted this, saying an American consortium was looking to buy us, employing a championship CEO. Looked like just another rumour at the time, but something to be exited about.

Following that, news emerges from Bristol which suggests the consortium wants Mark Ashton, current CEO of Bristol City. This is backed up by the fact that he held talks in America in 2019 about a potential deal with a consortium which never went over the line - perhaps they are trying to arrange a similar deal with us.

Finally today, just before the match, someone (somehow) discovered that American businessman and partner in Phoenix Rising football club, Brett Johnson, follows both Ipswich Town and Bristol on Twitter, perhaps providing the much needed connection between the two clubs. He employed Frank Yallop, and therefore perhaps took advice from him on which football club to invest in.

Obviously it’s still early days and there could be nothing to it, but it’s definitely something to be hopeful for in the near future - he progressed Phoenix Rising to the brink of the MLS so there’s no doubt we could go some way with him.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 0:08]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:47 - Feb 25 with 2175 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:33 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

Is someone who is better on Twitter able to find out when he started following the club account?

Not sure. He also follows Salford City, not sure if they also think he's buying them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:48 - Feb 25 with 2159 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:43 - Feb 25 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Yeah, absolutely crazy that some people aren't losing their heads over some twitter whispers and social media likes.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:49 - Feb 25 with 2158 viewsfooters

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:47 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Not sure. He also follows Salford City, not sure if they also think he's buying them.

The desperation of some people to believe this is incredible.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:02 - Feb 25 with 2121 viewsportmanking

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:47 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Probably interested in the joint ownership setup there. And the fact that David Beckham's involved...
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 2027 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:02 - Feb 25 by portmanking

Probably interested in the joint ownership setup there. And the fact that David Beckham's involved...

Is David Beckham going to be our new DoF?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:40 - Feb 25 with 2005 viewsCoastalblue

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:48 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Yeah, absolutely crazy that some people aren't losing their heads over some twitter whispers and social media likes.

I think the chances of him being our next owner anytime soon are probably still quite slim, but I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that he could be having a look at us.
There have been little whispers not just on social media doing the rounds, and while it could all be some initial made up story circulating and gaining traction there are also a lot of coincidences involved. I do accept that they could be just that, coincidences.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 1979 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:40 - Feb 25 by Coastalblue

I think the chances of him being our next owner anytime soon are probably still quite slim, but I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that he could be having a look at us.
There have been little whispers not just on social media doing the rounds, and while it could all be some initial made up story circulating and gaining traction there are also a lot of coincidences involved. I do accept that they could be just that, coincidences.

There could be something in it, it's not impossible, but the stuff being cited as evidence is incredibly thin and there's a lot of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a number that isn't 4.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:44 - Feb 25 with 1978 viewsportmanking

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:32 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Is David Beckham going to be our new DoF?

Why are you being so obstinate? You know Beckham is a major brand in the US. People like Johnson will probably look to him to see how football club ownership/leadership is done.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:45 - Feb 25 with 1971 viewsCoastalblue

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:43 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

There could be something in it, it's not impossible, but the stuff being cited as evidence is incredibly thin and there's a lot of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a number that isn't 4.

Oh I agree, there is nothing that could be remotely described as evidence, but there do seem to be more and more coincidental things. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we learned at a later date that Evans had a chat with this guy that didn't progress any further.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:45 - Feb 25 with 1970 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:43 - Feb 25 by BryanPlug

There are people mocking some of the people who believe there's something in this. However, they're only attacking the small fry. The big hitters Phil and Joe, who also believe there's something in this, aren't being mocked from what I've seen. Which is interesting.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:49 - Feb 25 with 1938 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:44 - Feb 25 by portmanking

Why are you being so obstinate? You know Beckham is a major brand in the US. People like Johnson will probably look to him to see how football club ownership/leadership is done.

So he's following Salford City on twitter to see how Beckham runs a football club?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:58 - Feb 25 with 1908 viewsBryanPlug

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:45 - Feb 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

There are people mocking some of the people who believe there's something in this. However, they're only attacking the small fry. The big hitters Phil and Joe, who also believe there's something in this, aren't being mocked from what I've seen. Which is interesting.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:59 - Feb 25 with 1902 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:45 - Feb 25 by Coastalblue

Oh I agree, there is nothing that could be remotely described as evidence, but there do seem to be more and more coincidental things. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we learned at a later date that Evans had a chat with this guy that didn't progress any further.

Quite. Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind. The people declaring there definitely isn't anything in this are most odd, and almost seem angry if anyone suggests there could be something in it.

There's probably a psychological name for that. It''s like they refuse to dream, and get angry at anyone else doing so, as a kind of defence mechanism.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:00 - Feb 25 with 1893 viewsKieran_Knows

Let's go Ipswich, lets go.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:03 - Feb 25 with 1869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:58 - Feb 25 by BryanPlug

And we know he's been looking to sell... and right now his other businesses are taking a massive hit, so it'd be an obvious time to cut away a loss-making venture.

To declare he's definitely not selling isn't based on logic or reason.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:08 - Feb 25 with 1846 viewsOsborneOneNil

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:45 - Feb 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

When the rumours first broke, most knocked the idea totally and laughed it off, mocking folk who took an interest in the idea.

What you’re seeing now, as it moves along with a bit with more detail, are more and more posters still mocking folk who are into the idea it may be real, but also saying ‘there could be something in it’ so to cover all bases. Just in case.....

I’d like to see it happen, for the change, but also to see the reaction of the bods on here who are slamming everyone for following the idea and consider it might be real/something in it.

And yes, funny how they don’t take the Michael out of Phil and Joe when they suggest it might have legs. Playground stuff.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:09 - Feb 25 with 1839 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 08:33 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

Is someone who is better on Twitter able to find out when he started following the club account?

There is a way to do this. You have to gain their follower ID and then can figure it out from there. Way to clever for me though.
Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:12 - Feb 25 with 1810 viewsMetal_Hacker

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 09:59 - Feb 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Quite. Nothing wrong with keeping an open mind. The people declaring there definitely isn't anything in this are most odd, and almost seem angry if anyone suggests there could be something in it.

There's probably a psychological name for that. It''s like they refuse to dream, and get angry at anyone else doing so, as a kind of defence mechanism.

No-one knows either way ...that's the long and short of it

The believers ,good luck to them

The non-believers , don#t let it bother you

Me...I'm still sat on the fence but watching intriguingly both sides have a pop at each other which IMHO is a little harsh

Poll: If it were one or the other

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 13:17 - Feb 25 with 1669 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It's clear as day and more facts are coming out by the hour. Evans clearly hasn't removed Lambert as that is going to be a new owners problem soon enough!

Weird to think Ipswich will soon be another foreign owned club.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 14:02 - Feb 25 with 1616 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 13:17 - Feb 25 by BlueWorldOrder

It's clear as day and more facts are coming out by the hour. Evans clearly hasn't removed Lambert as that is going to be a new owners problem soon enough!

Weird to think Ipswich will soon be another foreign owned club.

Think you're jumping the gun here, friend. Most of the facts seem to be related to some dude liking stuff on twitter.

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 16:38 - Feb 25 with 1539 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Are they buying Bristol City? Has anyone checked their forums?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 17:06 - Feb 25 with 1520 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:12 - Feb 25 by Metal_Hacker

No-one knows either way ...that's the long and short of it

The believers ,good luck to them

The non-believers , don#t let it bother you

Me...I'm still sat on the fence but watching intriguingly both sides have a pop at each other which IMHO is a little harsh

Phil has just said from conversations he's had he's more convinced today than he was yesterday that something's in the offing.

Some people on here could be looking very silly soon...

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:18 - Feb 26 with 1393 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 15:09 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Good stuff, let us know how you get on. Good luck.

One week yesterday... weighed myself... and I've dropped just over 3lb. Not bad in a week. Apparently that's the weight of a regular two-slice toaster!

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 10:19 - Feb 26 with 1379 viewswkj

I want to believe, but I don't - I have a lovely hat here ready to be eaten if this is a legitimate takeover.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 11:11 - Apr 13 with 1187 viewsCokeIsKey

Looks like the puzzle pieces are coming together for this takeover. on 00:48 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

I have a feeling a lot of people will be pretending they didn't share this latest fan fiction when it loses steam over the next few weeks.

US consortium led by Bristol City's CEO is buying a third division side for 40million quid plus absorbing the existing 100mil debt. They'd never see a return on it! This is mostly just wishful thinking on behalf of Bristol City fans who hate their CEO and Ipswich fans who can't understand Evans logic yet, as in there is none.

I know, what a ridiculous thought

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024