Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could 10:47 - Feb 24 with 2016 viewsBluefish

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 1990 viewshype313

Yep, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:52 - Feb 24 with 1961 viewsjayessess

Absolutely. You'd have to be a complete dope to think 2 results justifies either his off-field behaviour or the past 2+ years of failure.

1-0 win over Hull and a sacking would be an absolutely cracking week!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:54 - Feb 24 with 1942 viewsitfcjoe

Even if we won again on Saturday I'd still sack him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:55 - Feb 24 with 1912 viewsfooters

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:49 - Feb 24 by hype313

Was about to post exactly that! You're a wise old bean, hypers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 1913 viewsabracaDOBRA_

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:54 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

Will he be here Saturday to win though?
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 1850 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:54 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

To be fair, if we got promoted I still think we would need a change of manager.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 1846 viewsMattinLondon

Last night was a good away performance, but in the overall context of the season Lambert has been very poor (as well as last season and his initial season as well).

On a side note, despite the spin, Saturdays 0-0 against Northampton was poor.

Lambert out.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 1810 viewscatch74

Results and position are pretty irrelevant now, he’s contradicted himself so many times, been so dismissive and rude to the press, petty treatment of Phil too. The general consensus when he arrived, was that he was great at the pr but his coaching, following his split from Culverhouse was suspect at best. Most fans wanted him to prove the second part wrong - he’s actually proved the first part is more like a facade.
Even if he got us promoted and we start next season winning, the trust will be gone - we know how quickly results turn for his team and then how erratic he becomes.
Joe has intimated that that he doesn’t have many fans at the club, I can slightly back that up, from what I heard from a close friend of a player who played last night. We’re in a no win situation with him here, goes up, his management will be under more scrutiny, stays longer and we drop away and it will get to the point of no promotion whatever happens.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:18 - Feb 24 with 1780 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:09 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

Last night was a good away performance, but in the overall context of the season Lambert has been very poor (as well as last season and his initial season as well).

On a side note, despite the spin, Saturdays 0-0 against Northampton was poor.

Lambert out.

The Northampton game was last Tuesday.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 12:46 - Feb 24 with 1654 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 11:18 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

The Northampton game was last Tuesday.

Apologies. All the poor matches seem to blend into one. I still can’t really remember who we played on Saturday.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 12:53 - Feb 24 with 1616 viewsChurchman

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 10:49 - Feb 24 by hype313

My immediate reaction was exactly that.

If he he wins every game between now and the end of the season, which isn’t going to happen, I’d still let him go. He has kind of burnt his bridges for me with his behaviour and still doesn’t appear to know the difference between a team and a teapot.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 1557 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 12:46 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

Apologies. All the poor matches seem to blend into one. I still can’t really remember who we played on Saturday.

Oxford, and it wasn't a poor match albeit we didn't score.

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 13:50 - Feb 24 with 1504 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 13:20 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oxford, and it wasn't a poor match albeit we didn't score.

Yeah it was.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:06 - Feb 24 with 1475 viewsWeWereZombies

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 13:50 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

Yeah it was.

We had two shots on target, that's automatic promotion form, isn't it?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:10 - Feb 24 with 1454 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd still sack him if, by some sort of miracle, we squeezed into the play offs and somehow won promotion.

Imagine the carnage of playing in the Championship with Lambert 'in charge'.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:14 - Feb 24 with 1439 viewsBluefish

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 13:50 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

Yeah it was.

I wouldn't get into it if I was you. It is like discussing football with my mum

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:26 - Feb 24 with 1416 viewsBlueBlood90

We could genuinely win every game for the remainder of the season and I'd still want him out.

He simply has to go.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:30 - Feb 24 with 1399 viewsMrTown

Absolutely. 1 result does not change over 2 years of failure.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:32 - Feb 24 with 1391 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:14 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

But it was poor. I just don’t see how people don’t see that that was the case.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:34 - Feb 24 with 1380 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:06 - Feb 24 by WeWereZombies

We had two shots on target, that's automatic promotion form, isn't it?

Well it was automatic promotion form, then it got downgraded to playoff form now it’s chasing the playoffs.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:35 - Feb 24 with 1375 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:32 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

But it was poor. I just don’t see how people don’t see that that was the case.

Bear in mind we're comparing it to what came before. It was much improved.

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:37 - Feb 24 with 1368 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:14 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

I reckon your mum knows more about football than you do. I doubt she'd say our top scorer and top assister (despite being out for 2 months) is a passenger who doesn't influence games, for example.

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:45 - Feb 24 with 1345 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:35 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bear in mind we're comparing it to what came before. It was much improved.

No. Describing a poor performances as anything but poor, simply because it was a tad better than before, is ludicrous. It wasn’t even a 5/10 performance.
After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 15:07 - Feb 24 with 1305 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 14:45 - Feb 24 by MattinLondon

No. Describing a poor performances as anything but poor, simply because it was a tad better than before, is ludicrous. It wasn’t even a 5/10 performance.

I disagree, as I think most people who have commented on the game (including mates via text) would.

There's not a way in the world, even as a Lambert-outer, one can describe the Oxford performance as "poor" and 4/10 (or less).

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 15:24 - Feb 24 with 1273 viewsMattinLondon

After a win would you still sack shambert today if we could on 15:07 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I disagree, as I think most people who have commented on the game (including mates via text) would.

There's not a way in the world, even as a Lambert-outer, one can describe the Oxford performance as "poor" and 4/10 (or less).

Ok, how about ‘woeful’ instead?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024