Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say we finish just outside the playoffs 14:19 - Mar 2 with 1174 viewsnoggin

I hope people don't start calling for Cook to go. It's still a huge ask of him to get us promoted this year.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:21 - Mar 2 with 1145 viewsWD19

It would be the footballing equivalent of Devon Loch if we fail from here....

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:25 - Mar 2 with 1091 viewsPJH

I would not think anyone would, but then again....

Getting promotion looks a lot more doable than it did a couple of weeks ago so I think that we can reasonably expect to give it a very good go from here on in.

I would say that achieving it is more 'difficult' than being a huge ask.

Of course it should have been achieved last season anyway
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:27 - Mar 2 with 1072 viewsbraveblue

Don’t think so. Any blame should be aimed at Evans. We will struggle to go up with this squad. Outplayed too often.
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:30 - Mar 2 with 1030 viewsBlueNomad

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:27 - Mar 2 by braveblue

Don’t think so. Any blame should be aimed at Evans. We will struggle to go up with this squad. Outplayed too often.

This squad of players is capable and deployed properly would not be outplayed in this division.
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:30 - Mar 2 with 1028 viewsKeaneish

As if.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:30 - Mar 2 with 1024 viewswkj

Cook gets a free pass this season. I won't start looking too deeply at results under his management until next season - the same as under all mid season appointments.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:32 - Mar 2 with 1002 viewsBlueBadger

It's not Evans who's job it's been to pick, motivate, coach and set tactics for the players. The last three games where Matt Gill's been in charge have given a bit of an inkling of how this group of players is more than capable of getting results if they're actually managed properly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:32 - Mar 2 with 996 viewsDanTheMan

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:30 - Mar 2 by wkj

Cook gets a free pass this season. I won't start looking too deeply at results under his management until next season - the same as under all mid season appointments.

Yeah, gets a free crack at it this season. Thankfully we've hit a little bit of form now and others are tailing off at a perfect time to give him a real shot.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:39 - Mar 2 with 927 viewsjeera

This is Lambert's squad, not Evans!

And it's hoooge.

They aren't free you know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:45 - Mar 2 with 882 viewsFtnfwest

bear in mind the 'free pass' lambert got and failed (on the pitch) spectacularly with, i think Cook will get plenty off leeway
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:45 - Mar 2 with 881 viewsPaphosBlue

Tonight's game is massive to keep the momentum going against top six rivals but as others have said Paul the third gets a free hit this season for me

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:46 - Mar 2 with 875 viewsBlueySwede

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:32 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

It's not Evans who's job it's been to pick, motivate, coach and set tactics for the players. The last three games where Matt Gill's been in charge have given a bit of an inkling of how this group of players is more than capable of getting results if they're actually managed properly.

Why is some fans so convinced that Gill have been in charge for the last three games??
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:52 - Mar 2 with 813 viewsMrTown

After 2 months of football and no transfer window.

Regardless, we won't ever get a better manager in League 1.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:22 - Mar 2 with 669 viewsGuthrum

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:46 - Mar 2 by BlueySwede

Why is some fans so convinced that Gill have been in charge for the last three games??

Comment in the EADT, which Phil said he'd heard similar to.

This quote in the EADT article... by Dubtractor 28 Feb 2021 22:08
"First team coach Matt Gill and keeper coach Jimmy Walker, both appointed by Lambert, have taken a more central role in selecting the team in recent weeks"

Is this implying that Lambert hasn't picked the team for the last few games? That would be all sorts of weird wouldn't it?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:25 - Mar 2 with 651 viewsWeWereZombies

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:45 - Mar 2 by PaphosBlue

Tonight's game is massive to keep the momentum going against top six rivals but as others have said Paul the third gets a free hit this season for me

Ahem, Paul IV...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:27 - Mar 2 with 634 viewsN2_Blue

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:45 - Mar 2 by PaphosBlue

Paul the 4th!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:38 - Mar 2 with 562 viewsjayessess

It is a huge ask, but... generally speaking when a managerial appointment works well you start to see at least some positives pretty quickly. I'll be surprised (and alarmed) if we haven't seen at least a little upturn between now and the end of the season, even if it's not quite enough.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 544 viewsSwansea_Blue

"finish just outside the playoffs"

Pah, if we don't win by at least 3 goals tonight I'm in the Paul out camp already.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 15:41 - Mar 2 with 542 viewsBlueForYou

Most pressing issue on Paul IV's desk is how can he get this team scoring goals!
Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 16:13 - Mar 2 with 469 viewsBlueBadger

Say we finish just outside the playoffs on 14:46 - Mar 2 by BlueySwede

Because we've not been playing like a Lambert side?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024