Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Yallop 09:02 - Mar 6 with 2482 viewsFunge

Not talked about in the same capacity as those in the great Robson teams, nor Burley's lot - but I fcking loved him.

Look at this *absolute* banger at White Hart Lane. Town fans going nuts in the away end.

He scored a fairly sweet one against Man U 3 days earlier too.

Frank Yallop on 09:09 - Mar 6 with 2381 viewsHerbivore

Quality player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frank Yallop on 09:12 - Mar 6 with 2379 viewsSenatorBlue

Was at that Tottenham game - brilliant night. Boncho!
Frank Yallop on 09:16 - Mar 6 with 2354 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where did he usually play, a lot of his early days were before I watched Ipswich.

I've always thought of him as an RB, but during his time I guess we also had Stockwell playing there?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Yallop on 09:17 - Mar 6 with 2341 viewsSenatorBlue

Frank Yallop on 09:16 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Where did he usually play, a lot of his early days were before I watched Ipswich.

I've always thought of him as an RB, but during his time I guess we also had Stockwell playing there?

I seem to remember him playing both left and right back.
Frank Yallop on 09:18 - Mar 6 with 2328 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Yallop on 09:17 - Mar 6 by SenatorBlue

I seem to remember him playing both left and right back.

Looks like he was wearing No8 in the Spurs vid, so I'm guessing fairly versatile.

Edit; ignore that comment! Just watched the full vid.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 9:20]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Yallop on 09:20 - Mar 6 with 2298 viewsHerbivore

Stockwell played everywhere, he played right midfield a fair bit with Yallop behind him at right back from memory.

Frank Yallop on 09:21 - Mar 6 with 2287 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Yallop on 09:20 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Stockwell played everywhere, he played right midfield a fair bit with Yallop behind him at right back from memory.

What a servant Stockwell was.

Frank Yallop on 09:23 - Mar 6 with 2262 viewsSenatorBlue

Frank Yallop on 09:18 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Looks like he was wearing No8 in the Spurs vid, so I'm guessing fairly versatile.

Edit; ignore that comment! Just watched the full vid.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 9:20]

That would be Boncho - you can tell by the pirouette celebration
Login to get fewer ads

Frank Yallop on 09:23 - Mar 6 with 2251 viewsHerbivore

Frank Yallop on 09:21 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

What a servant Stockwell was.

Quality operator. My favourite Town player as a kid.

Frank Yallop on 09:41 - Mar 6 with 2166 viewsNthQldITFC

There's something really beautiful about that goal against United, not just the finish but the way Johnson and Dozzell both just rolled the ball sideways for the next player to run on to, as the United defence backpedalled. Almost poetic symmetry, makes me want to cry...

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Frank Yallop on 10:11 - Mar 6 with 2042 viewsThe_Major

I remember an issue of Dribble (or it might have even been a very early TWTD) after that Manchester United match (which sent us 4th in the Prem) which throughout the issue had "Facts you won't believe" with ridiculous things like the Loch Ness Monster was caught singlehandedly by Queen Victoria, or Jesus has returned, and actually lives on Sidegate Lane etc.

On the back page was something along the lines of "Frank Yallop scored a thirty yard screamer to win a game against Manchester United, three days after doing the same against Spurs, in a Premier League top of the table clash, main match on Radio 5 and Match Of The Day, in front of a full capacity Portman Road that was the main story on the back of all the Sunday papers"

Underneath was "Now you're being stupid - Ed."
Frank Yallop on 10:33 - Mar 6 with 1971 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frank Yallop on 09:23 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Quality operator. My favourite Town player as a kid.

He’s not a player I remember tbh. SBR’s leaving coincided with me leaving school, getting a job, driving cars, chasing girls etc which meant that after following us since 1974, I took a few years out from football.

I completely missed the Fergusson and Duncan years and only started going to game again in Lyall’s promotion season.

I dint recall seeing him play during that season and he only made a few cameos in our Premiership years in the early to mid 90’s. Although oddly enough, for somebody who had been at the club since 1983, he seems to have played most games in our relegation season under McGiven.

What was Yallop’s best period for us? Was he a regular in the Fergusson and Duncan years?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 10:34]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frank Yallop on 10:35 - Mar 6 with 1966 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Frank Yallop on 10:40 - Mar 6 with 1941 viewsHerbivore

Frank Yallop on 10:33 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

He’s not a player I remember tbh. SBR’s leaving coincided with me leaving school, getting a job, driving cars, chasing girls etc which meant that after following us since 1974, I took a few years out from football.

I completely missed the Fergusson and Duncan years and only started going to game again in Lyall’s promotion season.

I dint recall seeing him play during that season and he only made a few cameos in our Premiership years in the early to mid 90’s. Although oddly enough, for somebody who had been at the club since 1983, he seems to have played most games in our relegation season under McGiven.

What was Yallop’s best period for us? Was he a regular in the Fergusson and Duncan years?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 10:34]

My post was about Stockwell to be fair. Yallop was very good in the Lyall years from what I remember, that first year in the Prem especially. Got up and down well.

Frank Yallop on 11:03 - Mar 6 with 1881 viewslazyblue

Got player of the year in sweeper role.
Frank Yallop on 11:10 - Mar 6 with 1845 viewsMonkeyAlan

Was at Spurs that night. Then he scored against Man U in the same week at PR. Was there, lm sure that's right?
He was a really solid player. Gets over looked, but that's only because we have had so many great players.
Frank Yallop on 11:19 - Mar 6 with 1828 viewsYallop

Cheers guys, cracking days, cracking club. COYB
Frank Yallop on 11:32 - Mar 6 with 1795 viewspennyfathersleg

I was at the Tottenham game! What an away day that was!! I loved Yallop too.
Frank Yallop on 11:55 - Mar 6 with 1739 viewsPinewoodblue

Frank Yallop on 10:35 - Mar 6 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Caught the eye of an Ipswich Town scout that is the amazing bit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Frank Yallop on 12:01 - Mar 6 with 1723 viewsBiGDonnie

Frank Yallop on 11:19 - Mar 6 by Yallop

Cheers guys, cracking days, cracking club. COYB

Ha! Hope you're well brother.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Frank Yallop on 12:06 - Mar 6 with 1706 viewsYallop

Frank Yallop on 12:01 - Mar 6 by BiGDonnie

Ha! Hope you're well brother.

All good mate. See you at Wembley in May!
Frank Yallop on 12:07 - Mar 6 with 1699 viewsBiGDonnie

Frank Yallop on 12:06 - Mar 6 by Yallop

All good mate. See you at Wembley in May!

100%

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Frank Yallop on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 1661 viewsgordon

Extraordinary that in the early 90s we were regularly putting out teams with Thomson, Stockwell, Wark, Linighan, Forrest, Milton, Yallop, Geraint Williams, Dozzell and Kiwomya, who all made 200+ league appearances for the club (and some a lot more!), had the most important part of their career at Ipswich, and basically were Ipswich through and through.
Frank Yallop on 12:36 - Mar 6 with 1611 viewsRyorry

"where he caught the eye of an Ipswich Town scout who invited Yallop to try out for Ipswich at age 14.”

TWTD. When we had scouts. in *Canada*!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024