Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... 10:26 - Mar 25 with 10637 viewsBlueBertie

Apologies if already mentioned but Mick is on TalkSport at 11am this morning (Thursday). Jim White has just used that phrase 'be careful what you wish for' blah blah blah. He's also mention Mick has still got the hump about the way it ended. Just saying.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 22:40 - Mar 25 with 996 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 20:54 - Mar 25 by Keaneish

You’re embarrassed to be a Town fan because of brand association and the type of reflection off men’s heads? Man up, Herbs. I can honestly say I rarely if ever see Town fans in Stone Island jackets let alone starting fights. Are you trying to pass off the opening scene of Green Street as a real life experience?

You don't even go to games, mate. Pipe down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 23:11 - Mar 25 with 963 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 17:41 - Mar 25 by braveblue

Fans upset with manager who after 5 years took them to lowest position for 50 years? Not exactly surprising.

bUt hE iS a mEsSiAh iSN't hE?
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 05:47 - Mar 26 with 908 viewsKeaneish

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 22:40 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

You don't even go to games, mate. Pipe down.

...except the 25 games I did home and away last season you mean? Pretty sure it was you who said you only did home games these days.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 07:57 - Mar 26 with 853 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 05:47 - Mar 26 by Keaneish

...except the 25 games I did home and away last season you mean? Pretty sure it was you who said you only did home games these days.

How many London away days did that include? We only had one and that was an evening kick off on a Tuesday. Again, pipe down.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:25 - Mar 26 with 832 viewsKeaneish

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 07:57 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

How many London away days did that include? We only had one and that was an evening kick off on a Tuesday. Again, pipe down.

Moronic, at best. Pretty sure this club’s been in existence considerably longer and I’ve been doing away days a lot longer than one season. Besides, I live in London and have done all the grounds in London bar the new White Hart Lane.

And yes, it was Wimbledon away that season. Bit too “awful” a crowd for you to make that trip I guess. Football snobs - the worst.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:28 - Mar 26 with 829 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:25 - Mar 26 by Keaneish

Moronic, at best. Pretty sure this club’s been in existence considerably longer and I’ve been doing away days a lot longer than one season. Besides, I live in London and have done all the grounds in London bar the new White Hart Lane.

And yes, it was Wimbledon away that season. Bit too “awful” a crowd for you to make that trip I guess. Football snobs - the worst.

One day you'll get over being butt hurt about vocally refusing to support the team and go to games under Mick, only to then fully throw your support behind our two worst managers in history. I can understand that it must sting that after being so loud about McCarthy's football being the reason for your 'boycott', your return to games coincided with us playing even worse and, for the most part, doing that in a lower league against worse opposition. And yet still you try to style yourself as a real 'football man'. It'd be funny if it wasn't so desperately tragic.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 8:31]

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 816 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 07:57 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Southend and Peterborough were the day tripper games last season, the latter of which ended up being a nightmare getting home when some d*ckheads thought it would be a good idea to smash up the train that was about to leave

Good sesh on both though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:55 - Mar 26 with 800 viewsKeaneish

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:28 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

One day you'll get over being butt hurt about vocally refusing to support the team and go to games under Mick, only to then fully throw your support behind our two worst managers in history. I can understand that it must sting that after being so loud about McCarthy's football being the reason for your 'boycott', your return to games coincided with us playing even worse and, for the most part, doing that in a lower league against worse opposition. And yet still you try to style yourself as a real 'football man'. It'd be funny if it wasn't so desperately tragic.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 8:31]

Your argument, if that’s what it is, completely detracts from the topic and is non-sensical such is your burning desire to deflect, yet again. As fact checking isn’t your strongest suit, I’ll enlighten you. I did plenty of games under Mick for four years until it bored me senseless and I ceased going, nowt wrong with that. I’ll back any new manager and give them a fair shake unlike a few who desperately cling to the fence for fear of recrimination on here.

I was never a big Hurst advocate although the change at the time was a breath of fresh air given the stagnant air around the club. As for Lambert, I was objective throughout and even had conversations with you in November and December before his contract renewal that his time was nearly up.

As for being a “football man”, let’s not remind ourselves that you’ve never even come close to playing the game but there’s no bicep flexing here.

Stay safe out there. It is a jungle especially for middle class football snobs.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:04]

Login to get fewer ads

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:22 - Mar 26 with 776 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:42 - Mar 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Southend and Peterborough were the day tripper games last season, the latter of which ended up being a nightmare getting home when some d*ckheads thought it would be a good idea to smash up the train that was about to leave

Good sesh on both though

Yes I was at Peterborough and it was 'lively'. We went to the pub after the game so missed the trouble at the station, not that I remember much about getting back from the pub to home.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:23 - Mar 26 with 770 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 08:55 - Mar 26 by Keaneish

Your argument, if that’s what it is, completely detracts from the topic and is non-sensical such is your burning desire to deflect, yet again. As fact checking isn’t your strongest suit, I’ll enlighten you. I did plenty of games under Mick for four years until it bored me senseless and I ceased going, nowt wrong with that. I’ll back any new manager and give them a fair shake unlike a few who desperately cling to the fence for fear of recrimination on here.

I was never a big Hurst advocate although the change at the time was a breath of fresh air given the stagnant air around the club. As for Lambert, I was objective throughout and even had conversations with you in November and December before his contract renewal that his time was nearly up.

As for being a “football man”, let’s not remind ourselves that you’ve never even come close to playing the game but there’s no bicep flexing here.

Stay safe out there. It is a jungle especially for middle class football snobs.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:04]

You've moved all the way through tragic and back to funny.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:23]

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:35 - Mar 26 with 755 viewshaynes_toe1

Considering the amount of posters who don't want to hear or talk about Mick anymore, it's interesting this is one of the most popular threads at the moment..
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:54 - Mar 26 with 738 viewsKeaneish

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:23 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

You've moved all the way through tragic and back to funny.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 9:23]

“Awful”, just “awful” those football fans with shiny heads; and you’re calling me “tragic”. Jesus. The state of it.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:57 - Mar 26 with 730 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:54 - Mar 26 by Keaneish

“Awful”, just “awful” those football fans with shiny heads; and you’re calling me “tragic”. Jesus. The state of it.

This forum is very toxic. People should stop bullying each other and speak like adults. For someone with autism like me this is a minefield to navigate emotionally as it all reads aggressively and I can't tell when something is a joke or an insult. Treat each other with care.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 10:19 - Mar 26 with 710 viewsKeaneish

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 09:57 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

This forum is very toxic. People should stop bullying each other and speak like adults. For someone with autism like me this is a minefield to navigate emotionally as it all reads aggressively and I can't tell when something is a joke or an insult. Treat each other with care.

Most forums tend to turn toxic and most chats descend into argument due to the median we’re expressing ourselves through. It’d be a very different case face-to-face so all tone should be taken with a pinch of salt and nothing to heart. In this instance, for more context, I’m calling Herbs out on his bigotry and snobbery toward other Town fans, which has no place anywhere, let alone in football!

As ever though, the conversation has descended into farcical nature with some spurious conversation and link back to McCarthy, which makes no sense.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 15:00 - Mar 26 with 650 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:26 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

People were calling him a paedophile. I doubt you'd be very happy if you were being accused of being a nonce.

You're taking that song rather literally aren't you?! I'm not condoning it, but it's a well-known derogatory football song, with the name changed depending on who's being mocked. No-one was actually accusing him of being a nonce.

I imagine he laughed it off like any other stupid football song.

What probably annoyed him more was the grief he was getting generally, when doing his best on limited resources. He was taking flak on Evans behalf.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 15:44 - Mar 26 with 628 viewsartsbossbeard

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 15:00 - Mar 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're taking that song rather literally aren't you?! I'm not condoning it, but it's a well-known derogatory football song, with the name changed depending on who's being mocked. No-one was actually accusing him of being a nonce.

I imagine he laughed it off like any other stupid football song.

What probably annoyed him more was the grief he was getting generally, when doing his best on limited resources. He was taking flak on Evans behalf.

"You're taking that song rather literally aren't you?! I'm not condoning it, but it's a well-known derogatory football song, with the name changed depending on who's being mocked. No-one was actually accusing him of being a nonce."

But...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 594 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 15:44 - Mar 26 by artsbossbeard

"You're taking that song rather literally aren't you?! I'm not condoning it, but it's a well-known derogatory football song, with the name changed depending on who's being mocked. No-one was actually accusing him of being a nonce."

But...

But what?

I see Herbs has downarrowed that post but with no comeback. Presumably because I'm spot on and there isn't one.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 16:51 - Mar 26 with 593 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 16:50 - Mar 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

But what?

I see Herbs has downarrowed that post but with no comeback. Presumably because I'm spot on and there isn't one.

Yeah that must be it......

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 591 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 16:51 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Yeah that must be it......

Still avoiding a response I see...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024