Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... 10:26 - Mar 25 with 10634 viewsBlueBertie

Apologies if already mentioned but Mick is on TalkSport at 11am this morning (Thursday). Jim White has just used that phrase 'be careful what you wish for' blah blah blah. He's also mention Mick has still got the hump about the way it ended. Just saying.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:44 - Mar 25 with 2349 viewsParky

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:34 - Mar 25 by MattinLondon

All you’ve managed to do is to vindicate the people who state that football fans are morons.

Some (the minority), yes. Are you really still that upset about a bloke being called a nonce by a handful of teenagers and drunken idiots, 4 years later?
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:45 - Mar 25 with 2339 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:10 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

We finished higher in his final season than we did the season before. The other bottom half finish was when he saved us from near-certain relegation.

But hey, new grounds, right?

The final season was skewed somewhat by the freak form of the first 4 matches.

A bit like PL this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:47 - Mar 25 with 2337 viewsParky

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:41 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

'Well it doesn't bother me' is up there with 'it's bantz' in the 'weak excuses for vile behaviour' stakes.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 14:59]

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I wouldn’t be bringing it up 4 years later, or every single time somebody mentioned my name, though.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:48 - Mar 25 with 2329 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:47 - Mar 25 by Parky

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I wouldn’t be bringing it up 4 years later, or every single time somebody mentioned my name, though.

3 years. And given that you haven't had people loudly suggesting that you touch kids when doing your job I'm not sure you're best placed to judge how long it should take him to get over it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:49 - Mar 25 with 2329 viewsParky

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:48 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

3 years. And given that you haven't had people loudly suggesting that you touch kids when doing your job I'm not sure you're best placed to judge how long it should take him to get over it.

I’m sure he’s still going through counselling about it. Get a grip ffs.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:53 - Mar 25 with 2318 viewsChrisd

This fascination some have about MM, I find a bit worrying. Even if the bloke 'farts' it gets mentioned on here. Yes, he did a good job for us and I appreciate that even more now after he left, but I don't need to know of every move he makes. Time to move on, me thinks.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 18:13]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:56 - Mar 25 with 2298 viewsMattinLondon

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:44 - Mar 25 by Parky

Some (the minority), yes. Are you really still that upset about a bloke being called a nonce by a handful of teenagers and drunken idiots, 4 years later?

Being drunk is no excuse. On the few occasions I do go out (obviously before lockdown) then I would drink a lot but I never have resorted to abusing someone like that.

Yeah, I would still be hurt and upset.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:07 - Mar 25 with 2275 viewsSitfcB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:44 - Mar 25 by Parky

Unfortunately they were grown men who should’ve known better. The way you’re going on I assume you were involved.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:10 - Mar 25 with 2270 viewsParky

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:07 - Mar 25 by SitfcB

Unfortunately they were grown men who should’ve known better. The way you’re going on I assume you were involved.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:14 - Mar 25 with 2261 viewsSitfcB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:10 - Mar 25 by Parky

Mick could have you for being libellous.

I reckon you were part of the drunken mob waiting for lob bottles at him after the game as well, luckily the police and stewards warned him and he was led to safety from the yobs.

COYB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:16 - Mar 25 with 2253 viewsParky

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:14 - Mar 25 by SitfcB

Mick could have you for being libellous.

I reckon you were part of the drunken mob waiting for lob bottles at him after the game as well, luckily the police and stewards warned him and he was led to safety from the yobs.

Not me, but someone near me 😉
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:17 - Mar 25 with 2250 viewstextbackup

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:38 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

So if in going about doing your job a group of people started loudly declaring that you touch kids you'd be absolutely fine with that? You'll excuse me for not believing you.

I reckon, 30/40 at most made them remarks.....

as he says, vs leeds the entire north stand sings the Saville chant..... yourself included?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:18 - Mar 25 with 2244 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:45 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mick had a good recovery season in 2017-18 and should have been kept on. Evans should have ignored the minority of people, and the young and exciting brigade and used his head. It wasn't the fans fault at that point.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:21 - Mar 25 with 2229 viewsBlueBadger

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:40 - Mar 25 by IP4_Blue

Cant believe he's still going about Ipswich. He did a great job with us no doubt great man manager you could see the players loved him and TC but he should have went the previous summer went on for too long exactly the same with Lambert

If he's asked a question about us, he's going to answer it. Plus, it DID go rather a touch wrong here after he left, so he's always going to be asked about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:39 - Mar 25 with 2201 viewsSitfcB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:45 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Those games didn’t count then?

COYB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:53 - Mar 25 with 2184 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:17 - Mar 25 by textbackup

I reckon, 30/40 at most made them remarks.....

as he says, vs leeds the entire north stand sings the Saville chant..... yourself included?

I don't even know the Saville chant.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:59 - Mar 25 with 2179 viewsSitfcB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:53 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

COYB

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:11 - Mar 25 with 2164 viewstextbackup

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:53 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

utter bo11ocks

you sit in the north stand.....? ever been to a leeds home game at PR....?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:19 - Mar 25 with 2157 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I have read it all know....there are at least two on this thread who have criticised the language directed towards MM (some of it was well over the top, some of it deserved and I go to 80% of all games so witnessed it!) yet regularly use vile and abusive language towards 17,410,742 folk who voted Brexit and 13.941,086 you voted Conservative. (think the figures are right!);
We could of course have MM in the opposition dug out at Portman Road next year when the regular supporters will show their true appreciation of what he achieved here.
Surely time to move on though...

PS It was QPR away when we had managed to get back in the game and instead of going for it MM brought on Douglas as a sub to shore things up that it really took of.
MM deserved all he got that afternoon; Douglas didn't.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:28 - Mar 25 with 2132 viewsHerbivore

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:11 - Mar 25 by textbackup

utter bo11ocks

you sit in the north stand.....? ever been to a leeds home game at PR....?

Think I missed the last Leeds game in our relegation season but I've seen us at home against Leeds before. Genuinely have no idea what the Saville chant is. Also not really sure what it has to do with some of our own fans suggesting our manager touches kids.

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:38 - Mar 25 with 2109 viewsvanmunt

That's a few more added to my ignore list.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:40 - Mar 25 with 2104 viewsBlueBadger

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:19 - Mar 25 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I have read it all know....there are at least two on this thread who have criticised the language directed towards MM (some of it was well over the top, some of it deserved and I go to 80% of all games so witnessed it!) yet regularly use vile and abusive language towards 17,410,742 folk who voted Brexit and 13.941,086 you voted Conservative. (think the figures are right!);
We could of course have MM in the opposition dug out at Portman Road next year when the regular supporters will show their true appreciation of what he achieved here.
Surely time to move on though...

PS It was QPR away when we had managed to get back in the game and instead of going for it MM brought on Douglas as a sub to shore things up that it really took of.
MM deserved all he got that afternoon; Douglas didn't.

Dry your eyes mate. All you flag-waving True Patriots love a bit of Telling It Like It Is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:58 - Mar 25 with 2071 viewsPJH

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 13:39 - Mar 25 by SitfcB

Those games didn’t count then?

It is a bit like the first 45 games of the playoff season.

"We only made the playoffs because Derby....."
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 14:59 - Mar 25 with 2075 viewsJon_456

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:35 - Mar 25 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, think history is being rewritten in some quarters. The end should have come long before it did. Mick had become box office poison here, whether we were finishing in the top half of the division and what's happened since is irrelevant. The relationship between fans and manager should never have been allowed to deteriorate to the extent it did and been prolongued for as long as it was.

The main thing is our owner has learned from his mistakes and would never let another manager outstay his welc... oh.
Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 15:02 - Mar 25 with 2066 viewsbluewein

Mccarthy on TalkSport..... on 12:10 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

We finished higher in his final season than we did the season before. The other bottom half finish was when he saved us from near-certain relegation.

But hey, new grounds, right?

Think this is still a very revisionist way of looking at it.

The us against them train of thought was in full flow that last season. It was fine when it was little old skint Town challenging for playoff spots, but after that a lot of games seem to be forgotten. The drab 0-0's at home to Burton and Sheff utd, The surrenders against Fulham (4-1), Hull (3-0) Cardiff (3-1) and Middlesborough (2-0). Everything about those games were terrible. We created barely any chances, and looked more than happy at the start of those to just take a point. Fans want to see their team look like they may have even a slight chance of winning, and if you can't muster up a display against the poorest teams in the league then why should we continue forking out for it?

This wouldn't have even been such an issue if we weren't so p1ss poor the season before. The last 3 games of that season against Rotherham, Sheff Wed and Forest summed up everything about us. Low on ideas and zero creativity. Looking back on that season and the sort of performances against Brentford away, Forest at home, QPR away, Huddersfield away, Derby at home and not forgetting THAT Rotherham game and the Lincoln debacle makes you wonder what our plans were...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024