Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deluded 17:53 - Mar 27 with 2181 viewsBlueGhost

Fans if you think Evans will fund anew quality team. Only hope is a takeover. Utterly depressed with this crap.
Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 2032 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Deluded if you think he *should*.

Someone alluded to it the other day, perhaps L1 is our rightful position in the order of things? (As painful as that sounds)

They may not have even been a takeover in place. Let’s be frank, no one actually knows if there was .
Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 2024 viewsJ2BLUE

He's funded a massive squad at this level including four expensive loans in the middle of a pandemic. He will fund a team to get out of this league, no doubt. Over the longer term our slide will continue but in the short term he probably will fund a reasonable league one squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 2026 viewscatch74

He’s willing to pay the wages of 50 odd players. Cut that down to 30 max, quality players with a history of staying fit, and for the system Cook wants to play. Of course Evans will fund that, it won’t cost him any more.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Deluded on 17:58 - Mar 27 with 1995 viewsjayessess

If he maintains the current wage budget, should be alright.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Deluded on 18:00 - Mar 27 with 1976 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 by catch74

He’s willing to pay the wages of 50 odd players. Cut that down to 30 max, quality players with a history of staying fit, and for the system Cook wants to play. Of course Evans will fund that, it won’t cost him any more.

He won't.

He'll try to negotiate wages down with Cooks top targets, they'll walk away, or across to Sunderland and Cook will end up with choices 3, 4 or 5.

Exactly the same as he has done every single summer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Deluded on 18:06 - Mar 27 with 1938 viewschrismakin

Deluded on 18:00 - Mar 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

He won't.

He'll try to negotiate wages down with Cooks top targets, they'll walk away, or across to Sunderland and Cook will end up with choices 3, 4 or 5.

Norwood was a top target and obtained

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Deluded on 18:06 - Mar 27 with 1956 viewsCoastalblue

He won't.

He hasn't though has he?
Norwood is the first one that springs to mind, didn't we offer more than most of the competition?

Evans seems to be happy to pay manager's well and then let them do what they wish within a set budget, which at this level appears to be a pretty good one.

If we ever do go up, then it may be a slightly different story of course.

It just seems a bit of a myth, like he sells anbody he's offered money for, he doesn't. That said I'm no Evans apologist, he's an awfully incompetent owner but we have no reason to apply things that don't stack up, there's plenty that do.

A well run club even with our budgets would be in a very different place.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Deluded on 18:09 - Mar 27 with 1928 viewsTheBoyBlue

Totally agree.

To my mind, Paul Cook is the best appointment Evans has made here, but unless he is willing to fund the playing side - and really, properly do it - then Cook won't be able to do anything other than slow the decline.

As we all know, Evans won't do that, so as you say, the takeover was our only hope of getting out of this purgatory.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Deluded on 18:10 - Mar 27 with 1914 viewswkj

Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

Someone alluded to it the other day, perhaps L1 is our rightful position in the order of things? (As painful as that sounds)

They may not have even been a takeover in place. Let’s be frank, no one actually knows if there was .

Incorrect. We can routinely fill a 30k stadium when the going is good. We are not Wigan ffs - they are a Town who will always love their Rugby more than their footie.

We're Ipswich with a large catchment of fans. If we got in the prem, we would be loud and packed to the rafters with fans - we are no where close to the level that a team like Ipswich should be with our ability to draw. We are a football town - we love football more than any other sport - aiming for anything less than the Premier League is just defeatist and hedging our bets.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 18:11]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Deluded on 18:13 - Mar 27 with 1891 viewsjeera

What is it with these posts aimed at other fans?

Who are these 'deluded' fans you are referring to as 'you'?

Most of us were excited at the prospect of a takeover.

You don't have the monopoly on that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Deluded on 18:16 - Mar 27 with 1859 viewsjeera

Deluded on 17:56 - Mar 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

Well, yes they do.

This is one of those posts in which you mean, "I don't know so that must mean no one else does either".

Except they did, and do.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 18:31]

Deluded on 18:22 - Mar 27 with 1829 viewscatch74

He won't.

I’m not so sure, I think Evans has finally sh*t himself this year. Clearly entertaining the idea of selling, funded a massive squad to try and cover his Lambert 5 year contract mistake. This included the crazy extra loans in January, even whilst clearly courting new managers. He’s going to have to put his hat on Cook, he’s run out of anywhere to hide now.
I’m a big fan of an owner who funds the club, keeps quiet and let’s football people make the decisions. He’s doing two of those things and the initial rescuing us from administration is now a distant memory - with the scary truth that we could well be in a much better place if we had been forced down that path.
War chest please ME.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Deluded on 18:25 - Mar 27 with 1814 viewsParky

Just out of interest, what difference would a takeover have made to that dire performance on the pitch today?

The players get let off far too easily these days.
Deluded on 18:26 - Mar 27 with 1807 viewsjeera

Deluded on 18:25 - Mar 27 by Parky

Just out of interest, what difference would a takeover have made to that dire performance on the pitch today?

The players get let off far too easily these days.

Apart from being replaced you mean?

Deluded on 18:27 - Mar 27 with 1790 viewsjeera

Deluded on 18:10 - Mar 27 by wkj

Incorrect. We can routinely fill a 30k stadium when the going is good. We are not Wigan ffs - they are a Town who will always love their Rugby more than their footie.

We're Ipswich with a large catchment of fans. If we got in the prem, we would be loud and packed to the rafters with fans - we are no where close to the level that a team like Ipswich should be with our ability to draw. We are a football town - we love football more than any other sport - aiming for anything less than the Premier League is just defeatist and hedging our bets.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 18:11]

Upped for your optimism.

Deluded on 18:28 - Mar 27 with 1783 viewsParky

Deluded on 18:26 - Mar 27 by jeera

Apart from being replaced you mean?

The amount of fans that seem to think a takeover brings instant success on the pitch, is laughable. (Not specifically aimed at you).

If the takeover went through in the last few weeks, what difference could they physically have made with no transfer window?

A dire performance on the pitch and the first port of call is to blame the owner?
Deluded on 18:34 - Mar 27 with 1739 viewsjeera

Deluded on 18:28 - Mar 27 by Parky

The amount of fans that seem to think a takeover brings instant success on the pitch, is laughable. (Not specifically aimed at you).

If the takeover went through in the last few weeks, what difference could they physically have made with no transfer window?

A dire performance on the pitch and the first port of call is to blame the owner?

Because I don't think that's what people are hoping for.

A takeover that has some real clout would be irrelevant to this season, which is clearly over for us as things stand anyway.

It would mean investment and hopefully a new direction and hope for the future.

So no, most certainly not a short term fix for this season at all.

Deluded on 18:38 - Mar 27 with 1719 viewswkj

Deluded on 18:27 - Mar 27 by jeera

Upped for your optimism.

Like many, I was there when we were in the Premier League, and when we played Arsenal at home in the cup - If we were in the PL, we would be close to full more often than not. It isn't blind optimism - if Evans was running the club in a way we could believe in - he'd have so much support from our catchment area.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Deluded on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 1688 viewsjeera

Deluded on 18:38 - Mar 27 by wkj

Like many, I was there when we were in the Premier League, and when we played Arsenal at home in the cup - If we were in the PL, we would be close to full more often than not. It isn't blind optimism - if Evans was running the club in a way we could believe in - he'd have so much support from our catchment area.

"Like many, I was there when we were in the Premier League, and when we played Arsenal at home in the cup"

Pfft.

I was 'there' when we hammered Man U by 6.

Barc by 3.

Bohemians of Prague.

Arsenal by 1 at that Wembley place.

West Brom the game before that one at Highbury.

St Etienne:

Deluded on 19:01 - Mar 27 with 1660 viewsFixed_It

Deluded on 18:34 - Mar 27 by jeera

Because I don't think that's what people are hoping for.

A takeover that has some real clout would be irrelevant to this season, which is clearly over for us as things stand anyway.

It would mean investment and hopefully a new direction and hope for the future.

So no, most certainly not a short term fix for this season at all.

It would hopefully provide a fresh impetus and a change of mindset going forward. Something that this Club desperately needs.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Deluded on 19:07 - Mar 27 with 1638 viewsjeera

Deluded on 19:01 - Mar 27 by Fixed_It

It would hopefully provide a fresh impetus and a change of mindset going forward. Something that this Club desperately needs.

Well exactly.

Deluded on 10:29 - Mar 30 with 1419 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I agree. The takeover was our last throw of the dice in football. Evans will reduce the budget in the summer. Now people are getting exciting over admin actions from the former buyers solicitors. That is how bad it is.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Deluded on 10:42 - Mar 30 with 1387 viewsghostofescobar

Spot on. I’ve said it on here before, if PC (or the next, or the next, or the next etc) manager succeeds it will be despite Evans, not because of him. Next seasons squad will have some new players, but will still be the now accustomed freebies, out of contracts, loans, lower league punts that now permanently grace Portman Road. Summer is when the size of the task will hit PC and he comes up against Evans footballing incompetence for the first time.

GhostOfEscobar

Deluded on 10:56 - Mar 30 with 1357 viewsEly_Blue

Deluded on 18:46 - Mar 27 by jeera

"Like many, I was there when we were in the Premier League, and when we played Arsenal at home in the cup"

Pfft.

I was 'there' when we hammered Man U by 6.

Barc by 3.

Bohemians of Prague.

Arsenal by 1 at that Wembley place.

West Brom the game before that one at Highbury.

St Etienne:

Congratulations you win today’s “super fan” award, where shall I send your badge & certificate?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Deluded on 11:07 - Mar 30 with 1331 viewsjeera

Deluded on 10:56 - Mar 30 by Ely_Blue

Congratulations you win today’s “super fan” award, where shall I send your badge & certificate?

Seriously?

Edit: When you send it, remember to back date it 3 days please.

Ta.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 11:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024