Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter rumours 13:35 - Mar 29 with 9427 viewschrismakin

Yes I know...

But according to some wigan followers they believe paul is bringing the following to town

Richardson
Gk coach
Club doctor
Physio team
Recruitment team

Could be the exciting behind the scenes stuff he referred to.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Twitter rumours on 15:12 - Mar 29 with 3075 viewsPJH

Twitter rumours on 15:03 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

If a club in that state with less potential than us can have four buyers lined up then my point stands!

A mate mentioned a 29000 crowd we got in 2003. I didn't believe him until I looked it up.

That was in division one. We have massive potential.

Although some of the potential deals seem to have fallen through because the 'buyers' did not actually have the funds that they claimed to have.

I agree that ITFC should attract interest but it also follows that the interest that it attracts might not always be from the right people.

Wigan's previous experience with owners shows that because that took them from mid table in The Championship to where they are now.

I know that ITFC have done similar but not by the owner almost deliberately being the architect of it.
Twitter rumours on 15:12 - Mar 29 with 3074 viewsbluefunk

Twitter rumours on 15:03 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

If a club in that state with less potential than us can have four buyers lined up then my point stands!

A mate mentioned a 29000 crowd we got in 2003. I didn't believe him until I looked it up.

That was in division one. We have massive potential.

the difference is the admistrators have to sell, Evans doesn't,

We had average gates of 25,000 for the first couple of years back in the Championship, indeed we do have massive potential
Twitter rumours on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 3068 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 14:16 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Wonder what Dyer's future will be - sticking with U23s or getting more involved as Cook really impressed by him from what I hear

Indeed. I do wonder if Gary Roberts role will somewhat change in the summer? From what I hear, it’s pretty nailed on that McGreal and Richardson are coming in as assistants to Cook.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Twitter rumours on 15:17 - Mar 29 with 3041 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 15:12 - Mar 29 by bluefunk

the difference is the admistrators have to sell, Evans doesn't,

We had average gates of 25,000 for the first couple of years back in the Championship, indeed we do have massive potential

What does that have to do with anything? People keep telling us there are no buyers for the club.

Evans can go now and hopefully see his 5% gain plenty of value in the next few years or he can put another £20-£30m in as we keep going backwards over the long term. Cook will get us up IMO but in 5-10 years we'll be a mid table league one club under his leadership.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Twitter rumours on 15:24 - Mar 29 with 3030 viewsitfcjoe

Twitter rumours on 15:15 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. I do wonder if Gary Roberts role will somewhat change in the summer? From what I hear, it’s pretty nailed on that McGreal and Richardson are coming in as assistants to Cook.

Is McGreal the back up to Richardson coming? Or both looking more likely?

WIth those, plus Dyer, Roberts all first team it's a lot of coaches......

From what i hear Cook wants 18-20 for first team, and Dyer wants 10 or so for U23s with the usual 18 or so U18s to enable a more streamlined system getting through

Everything more inclsuive now - coaching staff becoming almost like a boot room?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Twitter rumours on 15:34 - Mar 29 with 2978 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 15:24 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Is McGreal the back up to Richardson coming? Or both looking more likely?

WIth those, plus Dyer, Roberts all first team it's a lot of coaches......

From what i hear Cook wants 18-20 for first team, and Dyer wants 10 or so for U23s with the usual 18 or so U18s to enable a more streamlined system getting through

Everything more inclsuive now - coaching staff becoming almost like a boot room?

I think it’s both, unless I’ve got my wires crossed.

Think you’re right about squad sizes, I know Cook is very frustrated with it at the moment, believe they’ve had to make an extra group (other than first team and 23’s) - something which I think you mentioned the other week?

Very much so. Dyer seems to have come on bundles as a coach recently, think it’s been great having Butcher there with him.

Twitter rumours on 15:36 - Mar 29 with 2962 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 15:17 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

What does that have to do with anything? People keep telling us there are no buyers for the club.

Evans can go now and hopefully see his 5% gain plenty of value in the next few years or he can put another £20-£30m in as we keep going backwards over the long term. Cook will get us up IMO but in 5-10 years we'll be a mid table league one club under his leadership.

Thing is j2. Despite your feelings for him. And going by Phils contact thoughts that it may be around the fee.. the guy has every right to hold off for what he feels is appropriate. It's not for the fans to decide. You may want him gone. But why should he sell for less than he feels its worth. End of the day if the new owners want the club and see it has big potential.. then pay for it.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Twitter rumours on 15:39 - Mar 29 with 2966 viewsPhilTWTD

Twitter rumours on 15:34 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

I think it’s both, unless I’ve got my wires crossed.

Think you’re right about squad sizes, I know Cook is very frustrated with it at the moment, believe they’ve had to make an extra group (other than first team and 23’s) - something which I think you mentioned the other week?

Very much so. Dyer seems to have come on bundles as a coach recently, think it’s been great having Butcher there with him.

The 'reserves' squad was put in place prior to PC coming in, was January time I think.

O'Neill: We'll Have to Put On Additional Games to Keep Everybody Match Fit 9th Feb 2021 12:16
Town will organise additional friendlies to try to keep more of their now very sizeable squad match fit during the second half of the season with a number of players training in a group between the first team and the U23s. 9

Similarly, I've heard whispers re McGreal, but not sure how certain that is. And as Joe says, the staff would be getting pretty big with Gary Roberts, Leam Richardson, as you assume may well be the case (I've read interviews with him and I don't really think he wants to be a manager long term) and perhaps Kieron more involved at that level, even assuming the likes of Matt Gill move on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Twitter rumours on 15:41 - Mar 29 with 2942 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 15:36 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

Thing is j2. Despite your feelings for him. And going by Phils contact thoughts that it may be around the fee.. the guy has every right to hold off for what he feels is appropriate. It's not for the fans to decide. You may want him gone. But why should he sell for less than he feels its worth. End of the day if the new owners want the club and see it has big potential.. then pay for it.

The club is a loss making liability. What's the point in holding out for another £5m if he is going to lose that much per season while we go backwards? He has to be realistic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Twitter rumours on 15:41 - Mar 29 with 2943 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 15:39 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

The 'reserves' squad was put in place prior to PC coming in, was January time I think.

O'Neill: We'll Have to Put On Additional Games to Keep Everybody Match Fit 9th Feb 2021 12:16
Town will organise additional friendlies to try to keep more of their now very sizeable squad match fit during the second half of the season with a number of players training in a group between the first team and the U23s. 9

Similarly, I've heard whispers re McGreal, but not sure how certain that is. And as Joe says, the staff would be getting pretty big with Gary Roberts, Leam Richardson, as you assume may well be the case (I've read interviews with him and I don't really think he wants to be a manager long term) and perhaps Kieron more involved at that level, even assuming the likes of Matt Gill move on.

Do you know if KVY played in any of the unofficial reserve games?

Twitter rumours on 15:42 - Mar 29 with 2941 viewsPhilTWTD

Twitter rumours on 15:41 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

Do you know if KVY played in any of the unofficial reserve games?

He was due to to play the one against Brentford before his knee injury but he didn't have a game before returning to the first team, other than any in-house matches there might have been.
Twitter rumours on 15:43 - Mar 29 with 2929 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 15:41 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

The club is a loss making liability. What's the point in holding out for another £5m if he is going to lose that much per season while we go backwards? He has to be realistic.

This is the thing where no one knows what's been offered or what's changed to make him decide the fees not correct.

Twitter rumours on 15:50 - Mar 29 with 2896 viewshype313

Twitter rumours on 15:15 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Might be nothing by hype313 26 Feb 2021 15:27
But yesterday I was walking through Woodbridge thoroughfare behind John McGreal and he had is ear to his phone in deep conversation with someone, and he mentioned a role of Sporting Director and it would be great if it was local, I tried to get closer but it started to look a little awkward when he kept turning around and looking at me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Twitter rumours on 15:59 - Mar 29 with 2845 viewsIP4_Blue

Twitter rumours on 15:08 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Why?

Beat me to it why not Kieron?? I think him more involved with first team is good for him and us
Twitter rumours on 17:23 - Mar 29 with 2729 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 15:50 - Mar 29 by hype313

Might be nothing by hype313 26 Feb 2021 15:27
But yesterday I was walking through Woodbridge thoroughfare behind John McGreal and he had is ear to his phone in deep conversation with someone, and he mentioned a role of Sporting Director and it would be great if it was local, I tried to get closer but it started to look a little awkward when he kept turning around and looking at me.

Interesting, must’ve missed that thread at the time!

Twitter rumours on 18:10 - Mar 29 with 2669 viewsTrumptonBlue

Twitter rumours on 14:27 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn't be a surprise if he looked at his old staff although I think a lot of PC's staff from his time there have moved on. The keeper-coach was Nick Colgan, who is at Forest, and the physios he mentioned at the presser last week are at Stoke and Blackburn. I doubt the doctor would be recruited, it's not a full-time role but one fulfilled by various local doctors.

Nick Colgan was here briefly, of course, albeit without playing for the first team.
Twitter rumours on 19:27 - Mar 29 with 2549 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Twitter rumours on 20:01 - Mar 29 with 2485 viewsArnieM

Twitter rumours on 14:13 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Good, we need it. The whole club needs a reset and that includes off the pitch.

It feels like we're limping towards a finish this season which is a shame, as there's still something to play for. On the flipside, at least we're not giving Cook a false sense of where we're at. He'll know. At best he gets a tune out of this rabble against average opposition over coming weeks and we sneak the p/off's, at which point it becomes a lottery and, having got in them, we would be one of the form teams. At worst, its an extended pre season and he gets the summer to recharge the batteries and rip this squad up and start again. Either way there's reasons to be optimistic for August.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 14:14]

If this take over business is stalling due to will we / won’t we make the championship, ( which we won’t this season), I’d honestly want us to lose or draw the next three games and get the PO’ s “ out of reach” so Evans will settle for the money offered fro a league one club, tbh he doesn’t deserve anything more. But the Club, and the fans do deserve so much more and if this consortium can make that happen, for the love of God, Evans, just give it up man and walk away.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Twitter rumours on 20:02 - Mar 29 with 2485 viewsPhilTWTD

Twitter rumours on 18:10 - Mar 29 by TrumptonBlue

Nick Colgan was here briefly, of course, albeit without playing for the first team.

He was indeed, signed in the closing hours of ME's first transfer window.
Twitter rumours on 20:22 - Mar 29 with 2436 viewshype313

Twitter rumours on 17:23 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting, must’ve missed that thread at the time!

I got chastised at the time by the usual mob.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Twitter rumours on 20:29 - Mar 29 with 2424 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Twitter rumours on 15:59 - Mar 29 by IP4_Blue

Beat me to it why not Kieron?? I think him more involved with first team is good for him and us

I cannot stand the guy. I have been in his company socially on a few occasions and he is just isn't for me.
Twitter rumours on 20:41 - Mar 29 with 2391 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 20:22 - Mar 29 by hype313

I got chastised at the time by the usual mob.

Always the way. Nobody can know stuff on here!

Twitter rumours on 20:50 - Mar 29 with 2361 viewsPJH

Twitter rumours on 20:41 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Always the way. Nobody can know stuff on here!

I know that we won the title in 1961/62-I might tell you about it one day.
Twitter rumours on 21:13 - Mar 29 with 2316 viewsCageyblue

Behind the scenes ! They’ll probably be playing !
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 21:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024