Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone have a fear that >>> 18:01 - Apr 4 with 4855 viewsmadmouse1959

This takeover could end up as even a bigger disaster ? It is just a thought after watching this club get decisions so wrong for the last 20 years.

shampoo dave

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:55 - Apr 4 with 812 viewsSuperCoops

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 20:31 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

The best way to make money out of us is to get us to the Prem.

Right now we might not owe the money back to Evans but we are in constant decline.

Frankly we need to take a gamble. What we have now is the 'safe' option but it's also the option that slowly kills us.

But to get someone like us into a Premiership team would take many millions, which I am sure they wouldn't be keen to do and, even if they did so, would not be a guarantee receipe.

I think we need to accept that we probably won't be anywhere near the Prem - or even challenging - for quite some time, imo.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 23:33 - Apr 4 with 768 viewspatrickswell

I've used the line frequently and I'll say it again: new owners may very well chop our head off, but I can't tolerate the man who has bound out hands behind our back, forced us to our knees and plomped the chopping block down in front of us anymore.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 03:17 - Apr 5 with 743 viewseddiespearitt03

I,m half expecting Marcus Evans and Lee O, Neil to appear on "Dragons Den" asking for £50 million for a 3% stake in ITFC .

Evans has proved he is just not up to the job and some of the players are just not good enough to help get this team back into the Championship.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 06:57 - Apr 5 with 729 viewsdirtyboy

Here’s my take on it.

Evan’s can spend more than this consortium in all likelihood.

Evan’s is a successful businessman who has spent 13 years struggling with club ownership, we know he’s not stupid which shows how difficult the task of owning a club is.

The guys coming in are potentially putting a guy in charge of us who’s not particularly well regarded.

I feel like it’s literally a spin of the wheel, 50/50 on being good or bad.

The one thing that needs to change is structure, Cook needs that above him, the consortium will do that.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 08:01 - Apr 5 with 706 viewsbraveblue

Every change can be good or bad. But it would need to be something special to do worse than Evans.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 08:13 - Apr 5 with 690 viewsNorthstander_1989

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:13 - Apr 4 by jayessess

Don't really know what there is to fear at this point, really. We're run so incompetently that we're sat mid-table in a league where 3/4 of the teams are less than half our size. There's no significant assets to strip from the club and no profit to be realised from the club without success on the pitch.

The only possible "big disaster" I can see is that the new owners chuck too much money at it, it doesn't work and they have to sell it to someone else.

Unless we go up (highly unlikely) they wont be able to chuck transfers at it next season due to the spending cap from the Premier League Loan.

Wages maybe but will probably have to be a slower build than, quick spend to get out of L1.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 08:34 - Apr 5 with 663 viewstractorboy1978

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:29 - Apr 4 by Vic

We could indeed end up worse off if results and league position don’t start to improve fairly quickly. A corporate buy out in it for a profit are not going to be as patient as ME has been.

However, the fact that they are in it to make a profit is the very thing that suggests they will invest enough to make that happen.

Personally I don’t like the thought of us just being a profit making investment for some big company, it’s very much not the Ipswich way.

But it’s got to the point where it seems pretty unlikely tha5 ME is not going to change things enough to turn it round. He’s ploughed millions into the club, but it’s not enough to change things for the better, and he’s demonstrated over and over again that hasn’t got the skills and nohow to know how to run a football club and make the right decisions.

So it’s time he sold the club and let someone else have a go. Am I happy about the prospective buyers? Not really, but if they change the momentum of the club and get us in a better position before selling us it’s got to be better than 5 more years of slow decline under ME.

"A corporate buy out in it for a profit are not going to be as patient as ME has been."

You could replace 'patient' with asleep at the wheel. People have this natural instinct things could be worse and ME gets favourably compared to the worst owners around - Oystons (Blackpool), Dale (Bury) etc. I understand it and agree with it. However, you cannot under estimate how poorly he has run this club, how poorly he has structured it and how damaging the tone and malaise he has created here is.

It's been a death by a thousand cuts under Evans. The club is dying, just not in the traditional way that is usually seen at badly run clubs.
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 12:49 - May 12 with 545 viewsTieDyedIn95

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 18:13 - Apr 4 by jayessess

Don't really know what there is to fear at this point, really. We're run so incompetently that we're sat mid-table in a league where 3/4 of the teams are less than half our size. There's no significant assets to strip from the club and no profit to be realised from the club without success on the pitch.

The only possible "big disaster" I can see is that the new owners chuck too much money at it, it doesn't work and they have to sell it to someone else.

It's going to be interesting to see just what we do in the transfer windows. Many are expecting fees and the like but I just don't don't see big fees in this league, or us splashing out on an entirely Championship squad. I think we'll cheery pick some of the better names we can get from this league but so far we've only been linked with a couple of people, mostly ex-players.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 12:56 - May 12 with 540 viewsitfcjoe

It's always a possibility, but I have a lot of faith in the new owners who seem to be making the sort of decisions Evans failed to do so over the years which have proven to be key

We cut, cut, cut off the pitch - they are investing very big there - that is the sign of an upwardly mobile club

I am much more excited about their potential than I am about Cook's; owners make clubs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 13:25 - May 12 with 492 viewsStadiumofdark

Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 12:56 - May 12 by itfcjoe

It's always a possibility, but I have a lot of faith in the new owners who seem to be making the sort of decisions Evans failed to do so over the years which have proven to be key

We cut, cut, cut off the pitch - they are investing very big there - that is the sign of an upwardly mobile club

I am much more excited about their potential than I am about Cook's; owners make clubs

agree with this.

I warm to the owners instantly, I didn't and don't to the Cook appointment. Clearly I want him to succeed, and look forward to his signings, but just don't "warm" to him and his style. I guess we'll need to change him when we're mid Prem League, and need to push on for Champions League etc ;-)
Does anyone have a fear that >>> on 13:36 - May 12 with 469 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We could

But equally the world could end tomorrow, we could alll be wiped out by plague within the next 5 years. Seagulls and Pigeons could interbreed creating a super race of flying rats that take over the world so given the takeover is only weeks old lets just let them crack on for a while shall we?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024