Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four out of four for Cowley.. 19:22 - Apr 5 with 3742 viewsWallingford_Boy

Completely turned Pompey around.

RIP Sir Bobby

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:24 - Apr 5 with 2557 viewsGeoffSentence

They should be thankful, for the sake of their reputations, that they didn't come here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:24 - Apr 5 with 2555 viewsOjc

I know our squad are pathetic but still stand by fact they would have got more out of them than Cook.

Sorry.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:27 - Apr 5 with 2530 viewshaynes_toe1

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:24 - Apr 5 by Ojc

I know our squad are pathetic but still stand by fact they would have got more out of them than Cook.

Sorry.

Agreed.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:27 - Apr 5 with 2531 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sorry.

I agree.

It’s not like the entire squad is useless, just need motivating and gaining some confidence.

Thought Cook may have helped with that.

RIP Sir Bobby

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:27 - Apr 5 with 2525 viewsWD19

Sorry.

No need to apologise. Everyone is wrong sometimes.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:28 - Apr 5 with 2513 viewsgordon

If Evans didn't fancy the Cowleys that's all the evidence of their talent I need.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 2489 viewsOjc

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:27 - Apr 5 by WD19

No need to apologise. Everyone is wrong sometimes.

You still believe? That’s good to have faith, I’ve been here multiple times and it’s ended badly every time.

I see no reason that this appointment will be any different while the same challenges are present.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 2476 viewsjeera

Sorry.

It's not a fact, that's not how facts work.

Fact is, we will never know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 2470 viewsAbracadobra

They have a squad much much better... I would take any of Williams, Harness, Jacobs or Curtis over any of our “creative players”
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 2443 viewschrismakin

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:27 - Apr 5 by Wallingford_Boy

I agree.

It’s not like the entire squad is useless, just need motivating and gaining some confidence.

Thought Cook may have helped with that.

If Cook cant motivate you what makes you think the cowleys would do better out of interest.

PC has done nothing but try and bring up their moral and mentalities despite their continued rubbish performances as players.

Cowleys have taken on a portsmouth squad who have finished in and around the playoffs for the past 2 and abit seasons. Havent had any issues with attacking. It just went stale under a manager who'd been there for a while.

Cook got the short straw in taking over town imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 2450 viewsWD19

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:31 - Apr 5 by Ojc

You still believe? That’s good to have faith, I’ve been here multiple times and it’s ended badly every time.

I see no reason that this appointment will be any different while the same challenges are present.

Yes I do, totally.

Our squad is the size and shape it is purely due to incompetence. Cook will not repeat that when he has the chance to do something about it this summer.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:37 - Apr 5 with 2420 viewsOjc

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:33 - Apr 5 by WD19

Yes I do, totally.

Our squad is the size and shape it is purely due to incompetence. Cook will not repeat that when he has the chance to do something about it this summer.

The 3 wins when it’s was blatantly obvious Gill was in charge, we seem to have gone backwards since then.

Only thing that’s change is who is in the dugout, yet we seem bereft of ideas since then.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:39 - Apr 5 with 2389 viewsjeera

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:37 - Apr 5 by Ojc

The 3 wins when it’s was blatantly obvious Gill was in charge, we seem to have gone backwards since then.

Only thing that’s change is who is in the dugout, yet we seem bereft of ideas since then.

'We' are not bereft of ideas.

The manager has his own way of doing things, that is what he has been employed for.

At the moment he is trying to work with someone else's players.

This is not his squad and won't be for a while yet.

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:42 - Apr 5 with 2352 viewschrismakin

Even in those those 3 games. The 'attacking' threat if the side wasnt improved. Set pieces saved us and our performance against Accrington for example was awful.

The only thing we saw different in the hull game was high pressure... but that literally lasted a half before the players were knackered.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:42 - Apr 5 with 2358 viewsWD19

One fair comment (in hindsight) is that Cook maybe shouldn’t have tried to apply his own preferred formation to our current crew......but I think he overestimated their ability to adapt and didn’t want to ‘waste’ the balance of the season playing in a way that wouldn’t endure.

At least he now knows who can be useful to him next season though.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:43 - Apr 5 with 2353 viewsGaryCooper

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:39 - Apr 5 by jeera

'We' are not bereft of ideas.

The manager has his own way of doing things, that is what he has been employed for.

At the moment he is trying to work with someone else's players.

This is not his squad and won't be for a while yet.

Zero shots on target today, I would suggest that that is bereft of ideas.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:44 - Apr 5 with 2325 viewschrismakin

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:43 - Apr 5 by GaryCooper

So is that the manager or the players then

4 2 3 1 didnt work. 3 5 2 4 4 2 4 3 3 doesnt work..

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:45 - Apr 5 with 2318 viewshoppy

What they've done is got Pompey back on track. They weren't in too bad a shape until that last run of games that Jackett had that led to him going. I don't think they've had to tweak as much there to get results as they would've had to have done had they come to Town.

Obviously we'll never know if they would've had the same impact at Town as they have at Pompey, as they'd have still been working with the same players that are without any kind of cutting edge.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 2311 viewsjeera

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:43 - Apr 5 by GaryCooper

Then you misunderstood the point.

Edit: Can't be bothered to argue, but the point was obvious enough.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:48]

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 2302 viewschrismakin

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:42 - Apr 5 by WD19

One fair comment (in hindsight) is that Cook maybe shouldn’t have tried to apply his own preferred formation to our current crew......but I think he overestimated their ability to adapt and didn’t want to ‘waste’ the balance of the season playing in a way that wouldn’t endure.

At least he now knows who can be useful to him next season though.

But cook didnt come in and try to apply his own style. He tried to bring successful phases of attacking football into the formation the players had played all season.

We had played 4 2 3 1 all season. He came in an played 4 2 3 1.. the different was he was trying to get them to be confident and unafraid to pass the ball something Lambert sucked out of them.

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 2289 viewsWD19

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:46 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

But cook didnt come in and try to apply his own style. He tried to bring successful phases of attacking football into the formation the players had played all season.

We had played 4 2 3 1 all season. He came in an played 4 2 3 1.. the different was he was trying to get them to be confident and unafraid to pass the ball something Lambert sucked out of them.

It was still too much to ask though, wasn’t it.

I suspect many of them probably need a member of staff to tie their shoelaces for them.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:55 - Apr 5 with 2238 viewsChurchman

Sorry.

Ok you and others want him out. Are after him. You and probably a few in the squad whose easy life is threatened. That’s fine it’s all about opinions, but just consider how many of our lot do you think would get into Portsmouth’s team? Or any team in the top half. One or two maybe? Three?

The only thing I’d question Cook about is why he put his successful reputation on the line with a club in this state.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 20:10 - Apr 5 with 2181 viewsGaryCooper

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:46 - Apr 5 by jeera

Then you misunderstood the point.

Edit: Can't be bothered to argue, but the point was obvious enough.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:48]

I wish you had said it was the royal 'we'.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 20:10 - Apr 5 with 2175 viewsMatterhorn

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:55 - Apr 5 by Churchman

Ok you and others want him out. Are after him. You and probably a few in the squad whose easy life is threatened. That’s fine it’s all about opinions, but just consider how many of our lot do you think would get into Portsmouth’s team? Or any team in the top half. One or two maybe? Three?

The only thing I’d question Cook about is why he put his successful reputation on the line with a club in this state.

Promises, that’s why he’s taken the job, whether they are broken or followed through will be in another instalment of this sorry saga
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 21:28 - Apr 5 with 1972 viewspennblue

Pompey are much stronger than we are.

They done us 3 times this year.

You cannot compare the two.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024