Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of 07:25 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewschrismakin

41 league goals
10 have been set pieces
4 own goals
1 which Parrot scored was assisted by their own defender
1 which Drinan scored came off his stomach from 2 yards
1 which we scored on Friday was a block at a clearence

So that's just 24 goals scored by ourselves in an attacking open play event.

And people are wandering why we aren't 'any better' under Cook

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:15 - Apr 6 with 1154 viewsjayessess

Have we scored a header from a cross in open play, this season? Can't remember doing it...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:16 - Apr 6 with 1144 viewssaffers12

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:15 - Apr 6 by jayessess

Have we scored a header from a cross in open play, this season? Can't remember doing it...

Chambers v Gills ...defends how you define open play
Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:20 - Apr 6 with 1125 viewsxrayspecs

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:15 - Apr 6 by jayessess

Not many I suspect. Did Bishop not score with a header in the home game v Bristol R?
Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 1116 viewssaffers12

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:20 - Apr 6 by xrayspecs

Not many I suspect. Did Bishop not score with a header in the home game v Bristol R?

He did v Wigan but not a cross
Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:22 - Apr 6 with 1114 viewsHerbivore

Outside of our blip in the opening 6 games of the season we've scored 28 goals in 32 games, less than a goal a game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:24 - Apr 6 with 1103 viewsjayessess

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:16 - Apr 6 by saffers12

Chambers v Gills ...defends how you define open play

That was from a set piece.

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:26 - Apr 6 with 1087 viewsjayessess

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:21 - Apr 6 by saffers12

He did v Wigan but not a cross

Low pull back, cleared onto his head by a defender.

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:29 - Apr 6 with 1072 viewsclive_baker

Not sure we needed a EADT summary to see that we don't create anything. We huff and puff, but lack any real quality or creativity on a consistent basis in the final 3rd. Bennetts / Harrop / Thomas were all signed to address that and none have. The only time we've looked marginally more threatening is when we've had Norwood up front in a 2. Drinan bless him puts himself about but his movement isn't in the same league.

None of that is a reflection on Cook though. He's inherited a squad that's absolutely rotten to the core, dead on it's ar5e with a deep cultural DNA of mediocrity, risk aversion and fear. He'll take an axe to it all in the summer, on and off the field, and we need to be fair to him and give him that opportunity. He's about the only one in there with any enthusiasm. I just hope he gets the opportunity to correct it before that wanes too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:32 - Apr 6 with 1064 viewsMrTown

I think Hawkins did v Crewe, could be wrong but think that would be defined as open play.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:47 - Apr 6 with 1021 viewsjayessess

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:32 - Apr 6 by MrTown

I think Hawkins did v Crewe, could be wrong but think that would be defined as open play.

Scored from a short corner routine feels like a bit of a technicality here!

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:52 - Apr 6 with 1007 viewsGlasgowBlue

For somebody who wins everything in the air when defending, I’m amazed Toto hasn’t weighed in with a few goals from corners.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:55 - Apr 6 with 988 viewsHerbivore

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:52 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

For somebody who wins everything in the air when defending, I’m amazed Toto hasn’t weighed in with a few goals from corners.

He can win headers but I'm not sure I've seen many players less capable of heading them in a specific intended direction.

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:57 - Apr 6 with 979 viewsjayessess

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:52 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Had a spectacular scissor kick disallowed for not very much, iirc

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:57 - Apr 6 with 979 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I wont have the argument that they don't get the service. Good strikers will create their own chances more often than not.

Sears, Norwood, Drinan and especially Jackson, who is stealing a living as a footballer, need to go as soon as possible.
Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 10:22 - Apr 6 with 929 viewsBobbychase

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:57 - Apr 6 by BlueBlueBluex2

I wont have the argument that they don't get the service. Good strikers will create their own chances more often than not.

Sears, Norwood, Drinan and especially Jackson, who is stealing a living as a footballer, need to go as soon as possible.

Agreed. On Saturday I watched Jackson twice fail to find a team-mate in the first half by underhitting a pass so badly it never reached them. Being played in a formation/position you don't like is no excuse for that, and the same can be said for Sears.

Going through the motions.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 10:52 - Apr 6 with 872 viewsPositivelyPortman

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 09:55 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

He can win headers but I'm not sure I've seen many players less capable of heading them in a specific intended direction.

Say what you like about Toto, although he’s in a team of sh!te, he’s still managed to be MOM in several games this season.
This is even though we’re supposed to be full of young promising superstars.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 11:52 - Apr 6 with 815 viewsHerbivore

Great Summary BY EADT regarding our Goals or lack of on 10:52 - Apr 6 by PositivelyPortman

Say what you like about Toto, although he’s in a team of sh!te, he’s still managed to be MOM in several games this season.
This is even though we’re supposed to be full of young promising superstars.

Thanks for giving me permission to say what I like, mate. Not sure what I'd have done without your approval.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024