Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful 11:04 - Apr 11 with 2245 viewsBluedanW

How have Lambert and Evans let it get this bad? And even in the January window all.we brought in was Parrot!

Where are the youngsters coming through at the academy?
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:05 - Apr 11 with 2019 viewsDubtractor

Agree on the general point.

I think the decent attacking players from the academy have all been poached!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:07 - Apr 11 with 2006 viewsphillev231069

Even i've got more chance of scoring than this lot, seriously though it is a shameful situation. Does anyone have any ideas who's more team savvy than me who we could bring in to rectify this?
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:10 - Apr 11 with 1980 viewsFixed_It

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:07 - Apr 11 by phillev231069

Even i've got more chance of scoring than this lot, seriously though it is a shameful situation. Does anyone have any ideas who's more team savvy than me who we could bring in to rectify this?

We miss Terry Connor's infamous shooting sessions.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:11 - Apr 11 with 1973 viewsjayessess

It's recruitment more than the academy, I think? Not many of the better strikers in the division are playing for the same club they were a youth for.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:16 - Apr 11 with 1941 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Weird thing is we tick all boxes on paper.... just all happen to be terrible at the moment!

Target man - Hawkins
Pacey striker - Jackson
Finisher - Norwood
Young and hungry Loan - Parrott
Unknown quantity - Drinan
PL experience (clutching at straws) - Sears

Genuinely wouldn’t be upset if they all let this summer
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:21 - Apr 11 with 1919 viewsRIPbobby

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:16 - Apr 11 by Matt_Netherlands

Weird thing is we tick all boxes on paper.... just all happen to be terrible at the moment!

Target man - Hawkins
Pacey striker - Jackson
Finisher - Norwood

Strikers are ok, it's the supply that has been cut off. No matter how good your gun is you cannot shoot it without bullets.
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:27 - Apr 11 with 1897 viewsBluebell

Some (most?) of the blame must lie with Paul Hurst.

He got rid of Waghorn and Garner and brought in a load of rubbish!

It has been downhill since then.
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:32 - Apr 11 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:27 - Apr 11 by Bluebell

Bit of an odd opinion.

Hurst signed one of our strikers? The squad is Lambert's. He had more than enough time to sort it out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:33 - Apr 11 with 1862 viewsjayessess

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:21 - Apr 11 by RIPbobby

Strikers are ok, it's the supply that has been cut off. No matter how good your gun is you cannot shoot it without bullets.

I don't know how you'd supply our forwards. Generally their movement off the ball is poor, they don't link play well, they don't dribble, they show no conviction or composure in attacking positions, they can't retain possession beyond the odd moment, they lose most aerial duels.

When he's on it Norwood's been the one exception to these, but he's been absent for 2/3rds of the minutes we've played.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 13:41 - Apr 11 with 1737 viewsstrikalite

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:05 - Apr 11 by Dubtractor

Agree on the general point.

I think the decent attacking players from the academy have all been poached!

This is what i don't get when the new owners say that the academy is going to be a big focus point in bringing players through, with some decent players out there being released by the big Clubs and the fact that any cream we produce through our academy will be taken, I do wonder whether going down the Brentford route would be better....
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 13:59 - Apr 11 with 1695 viewsKeaneish

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:33 - Apr 11 by jayessess

I don't know how you'd supply our forwards. Generally their movement off the ball is poor, they don't link play well, they don't dribble, they show no conviction or composure in attacking positions, they can't retain possession beyond the odd moment, they lose most aerial duels.

When he's on it Norwood's been the one exception to these, but he's been absent for 2/3rds of the minutes we've played.

I thought Freddie’s movement was good yesterday and he opened up two or three good opportunities for us; less said about the finishing the better. Without labouring the point, Drinan isn’t good enough. The one good opportunity he had he should have cut across the striker and pulled the trigger, instead, he checked back and the opportunity was gone. He’s that bad I’m happy to select him in my all time worst ever Town 11.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 14:04 - Apr 11 with 1673 viewsbobbyramsey

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 13:59 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

I thought Freddie’s movement was good yesterday and he opened up two or three good opportunities for us; less said about the finishing the better. Without labouring the point, Drinan isn’t good enough. The one good opportunity he had he should have cut across the striker and pulled the trigger, instead, he checked back and the opportunity was gone. He’s that bad I’m happy to select him in my all time worst ever Town 11.

I still think Freddie along with Norwood are the best strikers at the club.
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 14:22 - Apr 11 with 1625 viewsjayessess

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 13:59 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

Freddie's movement is alright, let down by every other aspect of his game.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 14:22 - Apr 11 with 1619 viewsHARRY10

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:32 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Bit of an odd opinion.

Hurst signed one of our strikers? The squad is Lambert's. He had more than enough time to sort it out.

did he have enough money though ?
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 14:28 - Apr 11 with 1597 viewsjayessess

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 13:41 - Apr 11 by strikalite

This is what i don't get when the new owners say that the academy is going to be a big focus point in bringing players through, with some decent players out there being released by the big Clubs and the fact that any cream we produce through our academy will be taken, I do wonder whether going down the Brentford route would be better....

I think it's hard to claim "poaching" is at the root of our lack of strikers. We've lost a handful of players at 15, an age at which it's very difficult to say for certain how much ability the player is eventually going to develop.

I don't think there's any poached kids who would currently be playing for our first team if they'd stayed.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 16:25 - Apr 11 with 1487 viewsKeaneish

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 14:04 - Apr 11 by bobbyramsey

I still think Freddie along with Norwood are the best strikers at the club.

Agreed. Hawkins offers us something different as does Jackson. I suspect a couple of that four will be off end of the season though. Freddie actually looked like he had the bit between his teeth yesterday and showed some of his old self with those tight runs to open up his right foot - a goal would have done him and us the world of good yesterday.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 1455 viewsJ2BLUE

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 16:25 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

Agreed. Hawkins offers us something different as does Jackson. I suspect a couple of that four will be off end of the season though. Freddie actually looked like he had the bit between his teeth yesterday and showed some of his old self with those tight runs to open up his right foot - a goal would have done him and us the world of good yesterday.

We should have started Sears up front. Drinan needs to be loaned out for a season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 17:17 - Apr 11 with 1401 viewsKeaneish

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 16:50 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

We should have started Sears up front. Drinan needs to be loaned out for a season.

Norwood and Sears isn’t a partnership we’ve used often enough. Freddie always feels like he’ll respond well to good coaching when played in his favourite position. There’s like in him yet and I’m hoping he stays and gets a sustained run.

Can’t agree on Drinan though. I think he’d struggle to bag 5 - 10 goals in League 2 to be honest.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 17:19 - Apr 11 with 1399 viewsbrushhand

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:27 - Apr 11 by Bluebell

waghorn has scored 3 in 27 games this season
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 18:16 - Apr 11 with 1350 viewsjayessess

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 17:17 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

Norwood and Sears isn’t a partnership we’ve used often enough. Freddie always feels like he’ll respond well to good coaching when played in his favourite position. There’s like in him yet and I’m hoping he stays and gets a sustained run.

Can’t agree on Drinan though. I think he’d struggle to bag 5 - 10 goals in League 2 to be honest.

You don't think we can't recruit better than Freddie Sears?! You're kidding!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 19:35]

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 19:00 - Apr 11 with 1297 viewsKeaneish

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 18:16 - Apr 11 by jayessess

You don't think we can't recruit better than Freddie Sears?! You're kidding!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 19:35]

I never said that but I want Freddie to stay and get a sustained run. It’s proven that when he plays up front in a two, he gets goals. Whether PC would play a two though remains to be seen.

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 1242 viewsjayessess

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 19:00 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

I never said that but I want Freddie to stay and get a sustained run. It’s proven that when he plays up front in a two, he gets goals. Whether PC would play a two though remains to be seen.

How is it proven? He last had a good run in a front two in 2015. He was 25, much quicker and playing with the best target man in the division. It was also only 20 games!

His goalscoring record for Ipswich Town is 32 goals in 200 appearances. In 2021 the only goals he's been involved in were for Gillingham. The bar is so fricking low at this club, I swear.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 19:43]

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 20:07 - Apr 11 with 1194 viewsKropotkin123

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 11:16 - Apr 11 by Matt_Netherlands

Target man - Hawkins
Pacey striker - Jackson
Finisher - Norwood

I would genuinely be devastated if we lost any of them.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 20:16 - Apr 11 with 1180 viewsHighgateBlue

We have had a relatively lean time of it in the last few years in terms of striking talent in the academy, but we hardly utilised that talent when it did come through - Rhodes, Marriott...

Whatever the 2021 and league one equivalent of Burley buying Marcus Stewart is, our new investors need to stump up the cash for that to happen in the summer. I dread to think what that will cost, even at this level, but it must happen. Getting rid of Waghorn and Garner at the same time has left our strikeforce on life support since then - and that period was hardly a halcyon era of mega success...

I would like to see Norwood stay, however much of a numpty he may sometimes be (alleged speeding offences, silly references about Mick Mills that annoy people, etc). I think with more creativity behind him he's a really smart finisher. The rest of what we have is worse than "meh" (and possibly even worse than me, which is saying something. Come to think of it, maybe even worse than 'M.E.' :) )
The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 20:41 - Apr 11 with 1135 viewsKeaneish

The lack of striker talent at our club is shameful on 19:42 - Apr 11 by jayessess

How is it proven? He last had a good run in a front two in 2015. He was 25, much quicker and playing with the best target man in the division. It was also only 20 games!

His goalscoring record for Ipswich Town is 32 goals in 200 appearances. In 2021 the only goals he's been involved in were for Gillingham. The bar is so fricking low at this club, I swear.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 19:43]

Before he came here he was scoring goals for fun. He then continued that under Mick until he had the stroke of genius to change him to a wide player and his goals to games plummeted. He had a decent little spell in a struggling side under PL for his bad leg break.

Freddie’s a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 striker. With a decent partner he’ll do alright for us. Yes he’s older but he’s also now in League One. He gets a lot of unnecessary stick for being a bit part player when he’s a player who needs a decent run with a good partner in a two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024