Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... 10:23 - Apr 13 with 4394 viewsKieran_Knows

.. apologies for the EADT link, Phil! I know your story will be up shortly.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 11:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 13:59 - Apr 13 with 553 viewsJDB23

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 12:20 - Apr 13 by RedX

Things didn't work out under Evans, and his managerial appointments were poor(besides Mick). That for me is not a reason to go with the complete opposite way of running a club which could mean averaging two managers a season.

There is nothing wrong with stabilty and aiming to get the right man in place, and giving him the proper time and backing to become a success. Watford have lost their personality. It's like looking at a bank playing football. All about money/profit.

I think there is a cause for concern if this guy is appointed. Many will disagree because they see any appointment now as "it's better than being stuck with Evans". Hopefully it will all work out if he comes onboard.

Ok, and while Watford have lost this “identity”, they will likely be playing in the Prem again next year and are giving their fans plenty of enjoyment. Meanwhile under Evans we’ve kept this so called identity, dropped to our lowest position in 70 years and have got to a point where many fans don’t even care about the club anymore.

Times change, move with them. I’ve always said on here I don’t see what the big fuss is about changing the manager often. There are plenty of examples of it leading to success, there are also failures but not more so than sticking with a dud manager for far too long.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:15 - Apr 13 with 516 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

A mate of mine used to work with Ashton at a previous club and hadn't got anything good to say about him personally. I just hope he is a good fit for our club.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:16 - Apr 13 with 508 viewstractorboy1978

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 12:37 - Apr 13 by PhilTWTD

Not sure it's ever been in much doubt. Think he's been involved in the takeover from the start, albeit in an unofficial role.

And that would make total sense given he's going to be the one running the whole club day to day. Seems absolutely incomprehensible they would be in negotiations for 14 months and then when it does go through they are scrabbling around deciding who to appoint into arguably the most key role.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:19 - Apr 13 with 493 viewschrismakin

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:15 - Apr 13 by Charlie_pl_baxter

A mate of mine used to work with Ashton at a previous club and hadn't got anything good to say about him personally. I just hope he is a good fit for our club.

I'll be honest.
Its very rare a successful ceo in any business has a lot of friends in that business.
They are there to make hard and sometimes unpopular decisions.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:23 - Apr 13 with 481 viewsSomethingBlue

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:48 - Apr 13 by RedX

No you wouldn’t if the club started going through a couple of managers a season.

Lee Johnson was at Bristol City for four years, and there were at least two times when they could have taken the easy option and sacked him before they did.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:26 - Apr 13 with 472 viewsRedX

Some fair points lads.

Moving with the times it is then
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:35 - Apr 13 with 433 viewsJDB23

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:26 - Apr 13 by RedX

Some fair points lads.

Moving with the times it is then

Could all go tits up of course but I think it’s come to a point where a change of direction was fully needed and risks have to be taken. I’m sure if we start winning football games then all of this will be pretty irrelevant to how we feel!
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:41 - Apr 13 with 419 viewsRedX

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 14:35 - Apr 13 by JDB23

Could all go tits up of course but I think it’s come to a point where a change of direction was fully needed and risks have to be taken. I’m sure if we start winning football games then all of this will be pretty irrelevant to how we feel!

It should be exciting one way or the other. I'm just looking forward to seeing a good passionate manager like Cook, bringing in players with a similar mentality that will fight tooth and nail for the club. Good times ahead I hope.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024