Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The world according to Joey Barton 14:58 - Apr 13 with 1982 viewsStokieBlue

Although I guess there is a good argument that he's always been a loon but he made all his players take their boots off and walk around the pitch on Saturday before the match and this was his reasoning:

"The theory behind it is, the earth is a huge ball of molten lava spinning around the sun which is emitting electrical and heat pulses. The earth gets struck by lightning multiple times a day and absorbs positive and negative electrons and because of our bodies, we’re mainly water, and the moon affects tides and it’s logical to think the moon affects us.

So if you keep your shoes on, you’ve got rubber in the bottom of your soles. But obviously we’re made, developed over the evolutionary process, to walk bare-footed; that’s why we have hard skin on the bottom of our feet.

If we walk on beaches or grass, the positive and negative electrons in your body are able to escape via the bottom of your feet and you recharge with positive electrons.

Which makes sense to me. If the earth is constantly struck by the sun and these invisible forces of gravity and all these other things we are unaware of.

I saw a study this week about the Higgs Boson particle and how they think they’ve found the next progression from that.

We think we know a lot, and we do know a lot — you’ve seen how they’ve rolled the vaccine out across the country — but there’s also a ridiculous amount we know nothing about, certainly when it comes to energy fields, and things outside the remits of science and that’s an area to tap into.

Certainly the last frontier in football, we’ve done the health and fitness — the strength and nutrition, everyone knows you can sleep in hyperbaric chambers, you can take all these kind of supplements, you can do these things with your blood that they’ve done at the Tour de France.

We know there’s a lot of stuff in there about science that probably gives you between 4-6, 7, 8% performance increase, depending on which one you do.

But then there’s the last frontier, which is the space between your ears. Football can measure data, metrics, do lots of things but it’s got a long, long way to go in the mental space.

The space between your ears, which for me is the ultimate frontier and if you can break between there, and you can tap into that …

And I’ve been shown ways to do that by people a lot smarter than me; whether that’s Doctor Kevin Dutton at Oxford University, who’s a professor of psychology and has become a really good friend or Dr Steve Black, who I’ve worked for long periods.

And obviously Peter Kay who wasn’t a doctor but was a fantastic drug and alcohol counsellor and changed thousands of people’s lives through the mental health space.

Because I was so flawed as a younger man, I think I’ve got an advantage in the mental space; mainly because I was looking at how I can help myself be better, to help my kids be better.

Never ever was I think I’d use these things for football. Stuff we’ve done with the guys here the grounding stuff in the stadium, you think about the grounding moment.

I know I’m getting a bit long-winded and it’s a Friday morning but the sacred space is the key.

The Greeks believed in chronos — which is clock time — and kairos — which is significant time. If you are member of a tribe and you got initiated into a sacred space, it was the ability for time and space to alter from normality.

Most people travel through life operating in a normal time and space.

You can think about when you go out with your friends and family, or you go on holiday, or when you’re together with people that you love, Christmas; time and space seems to move quicker.

I use the analogy of being in a prison cell, how slow time and space becomes because of the negative. Feeling is experience is knowledge and I can only go from what I felt and experienced in my life.

And I’ve certainly felt my time and space shift for the good and for the bad.

We’ve been working with Steve Black about these secret energy chambers — and it’s there in my book — and we’ve been talking to the boys about this for a long, long period in time and the key components that need to be in place for you to break through into these unlimited energy stores.

I think a few of our boys are breaking through and are finding those slots, finding a cause bigger than themselves and finding something to play for that is more important than the self and that’s helping them perform beyond what they have been performing before.

As a team, we’re a tribe and, at this moment, we’re trying to use all spirituality and grounding moments. For me, a great recharge point should be a home stadium, and its pitch.

Certainly, if it’s the Memorial Stadium, it was Wild Bill’s Wild West Show or something to start with, then it was all the guys who lost their lives heroically in the wars, local rugby players, and our fans come to this church whenever they get the opportunity to be part of this tribe, and to sing the hymns and be part of this congregation.

I felt by grounding the players on this pitch and what it meant, looking into the stands and seeing the stands full, all the while with our feet barefoot on the pitch, using the forces of good and the nature and the universe, we had nothing to lose.

And judging by the way they played on Monday, it worked. There are multiple ways to get performance; you can move people spiritually and move people emotionally. Football is a spiritual and emotional game.

You only have to go to Anfield on a Champions League night and they play ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ and it’s spine-tingling for an Evertonian, who’s in the opposition. So imagine what it’s doing for someone who’s supported by that in the Liverpool jersey.

If that doesn’t give you a performance boost by 5 or 10% then you’re in the wrong game, there's something wrong with you.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The world according to Joey Barton on 15:10 - Apr 13 with 1785 viewsMetal_Hacker

Well they didn't lose last weekend so it must be true

Poll: If it were one or the other

The world according to Joey Barton on 15:53 - Apr 13 with 1679 viewsborge

I worked for some spiritualists who had similar thoughts. It was all well and good thinking that the universe will give you an Aston Martin if you think positively enough, but the reality is that a sound business plan goes an awful lot further in that respect. Never managed to convince them of that and I can imagine the BR players will struggle to persuade Barton that his thought process may not be entirely right....

Still, might work, who knows?
The world according to Joey Barton on 16:01 - Apr 13 with 1647 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Oh boy!

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:08 - Apr 13 with 1598 viewsEwan_Oozami

The trouble with Barton is that any sensible ideas he does have are completely overshadowed by the pyschobabble he puts around it...true of many people I guess..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:15 - Apr 13 with 1561 viewsBlueBadger

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:08 - Apr 13 by Ewan_Oozami

The trouble with Barton is that any sensible ideas he does have are completely overshadowed by the pyschobabble he puts around it...true of many people I guess..

...and the fact that he's an awful, awful t0sser.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:20 - Apr 13 with 1531 viewschicoazul

Sounds like something Mullet would write.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:39 - Apr 13 with 1474 viewsBlueBadger

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:20 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

Needs more 'making excuses for Morrissey'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 1427 viewsHerbivore

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:20 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

Meow! Put those claws away!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:52 - Apr 13 with 1418 viewshype313

Inspirational.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:56 - Apr 13 with 1396 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair, he got off to a pretty solid start on the first line.

He's always been a bit, er, Eric Cantona about things, for want of a better way of putting it. I'm sure Gwyneth Paltrow has a candle she can sell to him too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:56 - Apr 13 with 1394 viewsLeaky

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:15 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

...and the fact that he's an awful, awful t0sser.

Obviously to make remark like that must know him well. Please share that experience.
The world according to Joey Barton on 16:59 - Apr 13 with 1384 viewsStokieBlue

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:56 - Apr 13 by Leaky

Obviously to make remark like that must know him well. Please share that experience.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-bartons-most-disgraceful-contr

Although at least in that text he realises he was an idiot:

"Because I was so flawed as a younger man"

That's the first step to becoming less of an idiot but it doesn't excuse previous behaviour.

SB

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1361 viewsLeaky

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:59 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-bartons-most-disgraceful-contr

Although at least in that text he realises he was an idiot:

"Because I was so flawed as a younger man"

That's the first step to becoming less of an idiot but it doesn't excuse previous behaviour.

SB

So he made mistakes in the past, we probably all have. Its what you learn from those mistakes that can make you a better person.
The world according to Joey Barton on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1354 viewsvapour_trail

Barton has always struck me as someone who isn’t quite as smart as he judges himself to be. So he combines that mix of relative ignorance with unbridled self confidence, and when he speaks tends to present what he is stating as fact.

These tend to be the very worst of people.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:13 - Apr 13 with 1336 viewsjeera

"The space between your ears, which for me is the ultimate frontier and if you can break between there, and you can tap into that …"

Good luck with that one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:19 - Apr 13 with 1317 viewsKeaneish

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:07 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

Barton has always struck me as someone who isn’t quite as smart as he judges himself to be. So he combines that mix of relative ignorance with unbridled self confidence, and when he speaks tends to present what he is stating as fact.

...although what he’s saying does have scientific validity. I haven’t heard anyone in football ever talk about Higgs Boson before so you’d have to argue he has a degree of acumen more than most in the game. Whether the combination of sapien evolution, physics, biochemistry and spirituality are enough to lift Rovers up the leagues is another matter but good luck to him for trying to connect with people in a different way that isn’t mindless thuggery!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 1288 viewsSwansea_Blue

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:56 - Apr 13 by Leaky

Obviously it would have been at the World Pancake Tossing Championships, hence the comment about him being an awful tosser.

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 1287 viewsjeera

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:19 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

...although what he’s saying does have scientific validity. I haven’t heard anyone in football ever talk about Higgs Boson before so you’d have to argue he has a degree of acumen more than most in the game. Whether the combination of sapien evolution, physics, biochemistry and spirituality are enough to lift Rovers up the leagues is another matter but good luck to him for trying to connect with people in a different way that isn’t mindless thuggery!

"good luck to him for trying to connect with people in a different way that isn’t mindless thuggery!"

That's a fair point as it goes.

Although you have to then wonder at his temper if any of them refuse?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:29 - Apr 13 with 1268 viewsStokieBlue

There is very little scientific validity in there.

Just saying words or concepts doesn't make something valid, in fact the vast majority of the scientific stuff in there is total nonsense.

Agree with your last line though.

SB

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:30 - Apr 13 with 1266 viewsLeaky

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:25 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

Obviously it would have been at the World Pancake Tossing Championships, hence the comment about him being an awful tosser.

Probably but the poster could have made that clear
The world according to Joey Barton on 17:32 - Apr 13 with 1256 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can't knock him for trying to embrace new things, can you. There's certainly lots of validity in the psychology and mental health aspects of what he's talking about, but then I'd have thought that clubs do that anyway (they should - even our kids swimming clubs gets psychologists in as they get a bit more senior and serious. Not just for the kids, but for the parents too!).

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:34 - Apr 13 with 1244 viewsSpruceMoose

The world according to Joey Barton on 16:08 - Apr 13 by Ewan_Oozami

He's an idiot mimicking having intelligence.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The world according to Joey Barton on 18:33 - Apr 13 with 1140 viewsMerseyBlue

Well negative orgones are the source of all the problems in the world

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The world according to Joey Barton on 18:52 - Apr 13 with 1100 viewsEnigma_Blue

"and we’ve been talking to the boys about this for a long, long period in time"

Were they still awake by the time he finished!
The world according to Joey Barton on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 1051 viewsCoastalblue

The world according to Joey Barton on 17:07 - Apr 13 by vapour_trail

He'd fit right in on here with a few.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024