Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks 21:55 - Apr 13 with 3726 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why is it you hear cook shouting and encouraging, and sometimes Holy.
But never our senior players, not Chambo, Ward or Judge.

There’s no fire there, no fight.

I’m convinced they’ve all convinced each other that they are better off not going up.
1. Under Evans. “If we go up, we’ll come back down and badly”
2. Under GC20. “If we go up, every single one of us will be sold or in the Ressies.”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 689 viewsEdmundo

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:11 - Apr 14 by jaykay

there 3 rd goal proved there is no communication in the team. we had plenty players around their player who had the ball. in fact there was 4 of them looking at the ball, like a month attracted to a light. a simple 6 yard diagonal ball took them all out. matey had the freedom and time to score the 3 rd goal. i know we had already lost but it proves no one has a football brain to look up and organise anything.

That's the problem: even with my Sunday league experience I knew my job as a defender (especially at set pieces) was to watch the player, not the ball, and keep him under pressure.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:01 - Apr 14 with 687 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:51 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

But it's not more plausible when even the manager mentions the lack of care from the players.

It's been mentioned so many times by ex players over the years to, it's not unusual.

I don't recall Cook talking about the players not caring. The opposite, he's said multiple times that they're honest and work hard.

The only ex-player I can recall talking about Ipswich in those terms was McGoldrick and his specific point was that there wasn't much pressure to get promoted to the Premier League. Which, given that we had a bottom 6 budget, isn't terribly surprising, is it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:02 - Apr 14 with 679 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:01 - Apr 14 by jayessess

I don't recall Cook talking about the players not caring. The opposite, he's said multiple times that they're honest and work hard.

The only ex-player I can recall talking about Ipswich in those terms was McGoldrick and his specific point was that there wasn't much pressure to get promoted to the Premier League. Which, given that we had a bottom 6 budget, isn't terribly surprising, is it?

literally last night!

Shane Suppled, Ritchie Wellens

All spoke about town and players in the squad not caring

it's been a very long term behind the scenes issue, which doesn't help when players are out of contract every season.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:04]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:23 - Apr 14 with 660 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:02 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

literally last night!

it's been a very long term behind the scenes issue, which doesn't help when players are out of contract every season.

There's literally no-one playing for the club who coincided with Wellens or Supple.

Last night Paul Cook said, literally, "We tried our best". On several other occasions he's said they work hard and they're honest. He's talked about quality, not industry, the vast majority of the time.

You just have this bizarre view that footballers play badly, sabotaging their own careers, seemingly just to spite us supporters.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:26 - Apr 14 with 652 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:23 - Apr 14 by jayessess

There's literally no-one playing for the club who coincided with Wellens or Supple.

Last night Paul Cook said, literally, "We tried our best". On several other occasions he's said they work hard and they're honest. He's talked about quality, not industry, the vast majority of the time.

You just have this bizarre view that footballers play badly, sabotaging their own careers, seemingly just to spite us supporters.

"Maybe they're not bothered"

That was PC Last night

And it's not about anyone being here the same time as wellens etc, it shows that the lack of care is long running at ITFC, and it's driven by the types if players brought into the club and the contract situation being mismanaged for years.

I've not said they are spiting us, they don't care, it's different, they dont spite us as they don't care about us, and why should they, they get paid regardless of our thoughts.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:29]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:29 - Apr 14 with 650 viewsitfcjoe

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:02 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

literally last night!

Shane Supple retired over a decade ago, we had a good 5 years under Mick in the Chamnpionship after Wellens left.

It's just nonsensical to descripe it as a long term issue - those players talking about the culture are as relevant as Mick Mills talking about it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 643 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:29 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

Shane Supple retired over a decade ago, we had a good 5 years under Mick in the Chamnpionship after Wellens left.

It's just nonsensical to descripe it as a long term issue - those players talking about the culture are as relevant as Mick Mills talking about it

almost as nonsensical as saying a player cant run more as they are conditioned to remain static.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 639 viewsitfcjoe

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:33 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

almost as nonsensical as saying a player cant run more as they are conditioned to remain static.

Do you understand what conditioning is?

Login to get fewer ads

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 635 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:35 - Apr 14 by itfcjoe

Do you understand what conditioning is?

I do indeed

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:38 - Apr 14 with 632 viewshadleighboyblue

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:35 - Apr 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Who would you give the armband to?

A new midfield general that we have been lacking for years , someone that organises and runs the games
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:41 - Apr 14 with 626 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:26 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

"Maybe they're not bothered"

That was PC Last night

And it's not about anyone being here the same time as wellens etc, it shows that the lack of care is long running at ITFC, and it's driven by the types if players brought into the club and the contract situation being mismanaged for years.

I've not said they are spiting us, they don't care, it's different, they dont spite us as they don't care about us, and why should they, they get paid regardless of our thoughts.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:29]

Where's he said that? All I see is one comment speculating about whether it affects the players or not, in amongst a bunch of other stuff that's all about other qualities. Like I say, he's said on multiple occasions that the group works hard.

And the point about "not caring because they get paid regardless". That's the point. They care about money. Good footballers make more money than bad ones. There are lots of footballers who don't care about their club, the supporters or anything like that. Absolutely none who wouldn't want to make more money if they could.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:46 - Apr 14 with 619 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:41 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Where's he said that? All I see is one comment speculating about whether it affects the players or not, in amongst a bunch of other stuff that's all about other qualities. Like I say, he's said on multiple occasions that the group works hard.

And the point about "not caring because they get paid regardless". That's the point. They care about money. Good footballers make more money than bad ones. There are lots of footballers who don't care about their club, the supporters or anything like that. Absolutely none who wouldn't want to make more money if they could.

He said it last night, watch the clips.

The players have agents as i've said before, what they do or don't do with town won't effect them. Not 1 of these players will you see as a free agent, their next move will already be sorted, same as we would have already spoken with agents of players we want.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 614 viewsdirtyboy

If anything, Chambers will have seen the utter dross in front of him and be disheartened as much as any of us....he's played in our best teams as well don't forget. Imagine going from playing with Murphy and McGoldrick to Jackson and Norwood....must be demoralising. (No offence meant, but they are levels apart) I appreciate the effort levels of Norwood for sure.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 614 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:46 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

The players have agents as i've said before, what they do or don't do with town won't effect them. Not 1 of these players will you see as a free agent, their next move will already be sorted, same as we would have already spoken with agents of players we want.

You said it before and you were wrong about it before. If any of them get moves to a bigger club than Ipswich, I'll hold my hands up, but it's incredibly unlikely any of them, other than Edwards, maybe, has a move lined up.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:57 - Apr 14 with 610 viewshaynes_toe1

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:35 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

I do indeed

You really don't, i've seen your replies to Joe.

On a sidenote, part of me hopes Chambo leaves to a rival and gets promoted with them winning POTS just to prove how stupid some posters on here are about him, much of them the same who thought Lambert was the messiah until 18 months ago, or some 12, or some even 6...
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:01 - Apr 14 with 606 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:51 - Apr 14 by jayessess

You said it before and you were wrong about it before. If any of them get moves to a bigger club than Ipswich, I'll hold my hands up, but it's incredibly unlikely any of them, other than Edwards, maybe, has a move lined up.

But im not saying they'll move to a bigger club than ipswich, not sure why that is relevent.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 604 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:57 - Apr 14 by haynes_toe1

You really don't, i've seen your replies to Joe.

On a sidenote, part of me hopes Chambo leaves to a rival and gets promoted with them winning POTS just to prove how stupid some posters on here are about him, much of them the same who thought Lambert was the messiah until 18 months ago, or some 12, or some even 6...

I really do, i've barely replied in depth about it to Joe

He may well do and good luck to him

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:11 - Apr 14 with 597 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:01 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

But im not saying they'll move to a bigger club than ipswich, not sure why that is relevent.

Smaller club, less wages. Fairly obvious motivation to perform, isn't it?

Who out of last night's starting XI wouldn't be better off playing out of their skin for a month and earning a new Ipswich contract?

Chambers: On record saying he wants a new one
Ward: If he doesn't get an extension here, he probably drops a division or retires.
Nsiala: The last time we offered him out the only taker was Bolton.
Judge: Has a trigger that'll be worth way more than whatever bottom half L1 club will take him after us.
Drinan: Will be lucky to find an EFL club at all.
Edwards: Maybe has a better offer. But it'd be a better offer still if he hadn't been useless since November. And he's one player!

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:12 - Apr 14 with 594 viewsitfcjoe

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 12:46 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

Of coure it will effect them, it's going to be a very tough market out there this year and nearly every player will be moving down.
Half will be without a club until the season starts no doubt

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:17 - Apr 14 with 585 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:11 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Smaller club, less wages. Fairly obvious motivation to perform, isn't it?

Who out of last night's starting XI wouldn't be better off playing out of their skin for a month and earning a new Ipswich contract?

Chambers: On record saying he wants a new one
Ward: If he doesn't get an extension here, he probably drops a division or retires.
Nsiala: The last time we offered him out the only taker was Bolton.
Judge: Has a trigger that'll be worth way more than whatever bottom half L1 club will take him after us.
Drinan: Will be lucky to find an EFL club at all.
Edwards: Maybe has a better offer. But it'd be a better offer still if he hadn't been useless since November. And he's one player!

But lets be honest, even more so with the takeover, and the new manager, there is no hope of these lads getting new deals with ipswich, even with or without a play off finish.

Ward - gone
Nsiala, he will stay imo anyway
Judge - gone
Drinan - not a footballer
Edwards - gone
Chambers - could go either way

None of these players are good enough to move up a level, and even finishing in playoffs wouldn;t change that. Edwards maybe depending how good his agent is based on those 5 goals.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:23 - Apr 14 with 578 viewsChurchman

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:52 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

Downes might be worth trying out in the role for the rest of this season? He's got more drive & fight in him than the rest put together.

Agree, but only if he wants to be at the club and is in it for the longer term. If not, leave it where it is and make a decision in the summer. One thing I’m sure of: not Chambers next season under any circumstances.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:26 - Apr 14 with 576 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:17 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

But lets be honest, even more so with the takeover, and the new manager, there is no hope of these lads getting new deals with ipswich, even with or without a play off finish.

Ward - gone
Nsiala, he will stay imo anyway
Judge - gone
Drinan - not a footballer
Edwards - gone
Chambers - could go either way

None of these players are good enough to move up a level, and even finishing in playoffs wouldn;t change that. Edwards maybe depending how good his agent is based on those 5 goals.

I think any of these could have got new contracts if they'd excelled under Cook, not least because there's so many out of contract. If you've 20 players potentially leaving the club, it doesn't take much for one of them to put themselves forward as a potential solution to a problem.

Hell, even now, I think if Judge or Drinan contributed 3+ goals in a few end of season victories, they'd be in with a shout of another contract.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 13:31]

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:30 - Apr 14 with 571 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:26 - Apr 14 by jayessess

I think any of these could have got new contracts if they'd excelled under Cook, not least because there's so many out of contract. If you've 20 players potentially leaving the club, it doesn't take much for one of them to put themselves forward as a potential solution to a problem.

Hell, even now, I think if Judge or Drinan contributed 3+ goals in a few end of season victories, they'd be in with a shout of another contract.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 13:31]

I don't as 90% of this squad aren't PC type players and won't be needed, and let's be blunt, even more so with the takeover, there's not 1 player out of contract that we can't replace with someone younger/fitter/better

Say we finished in playoffs but lost....... we wouldn't suddenly be expecting any of them to be staying

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:39 - Apr 14 with 559 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:30 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

I don't as 90% of this squad aren't PC type players and won't be needed, and let's be blunt, even more so with the takeover, there's not 1 player out of contract that we can't replace with someone younger/fitter/better

Say we finished in playoffs but lost....... we wouldn't suddenly be expecting any of them to be staying

Certainly not all of them. But I don't think it's particularly far fetched than a good bit of form could've propelled some of them to the head of the queue. Look at Nsiala.

Cook's talked warmly about Judge's qualities before and has kept players of a similar profile around in the past. Drinan's had a lot of opportunities under Cook, sometimes ahead of more experienced players.

What's more it doesn't strike me as the kind of thing these players would believe about themselves.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:44 - Apr 14 with 551 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 13:39 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Certainly not all of them. But I don't think it's particularly far fetched than a good bit of form could've propelled some of them to the head of the queue. Look at Nsiala.

Cook's talked warmly about Judge's qualities before and has kept players of a similar profile around in the past. Drinan's had a lot of opportunities under Cook, sometimes ahead of more experienced players.

What's more it doesn't strike me as the kind of thing these players would believe about themselves.

Nsiala has played for Cook before,

Judge does have qualities, but his legs can't do what he did pre injury, he's gone especially with whats to come in, not a chance he will stay

Drinan, has been given a go, but again, that's infront of what other choices? sears- unfit, misfiring, can do 20 mintues, or hawkins whos been out for months. I'd be shocked if he is given a a new deal regardless of what he does.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024