Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Nolan 10:29 - Apr 16 with 3791 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Is coming out of all this pretty well;
- welcomed back into the fold after Lambert sacked
- been able to sit out the decline over the past few weeks
- under contract, so
- one of the few who comes out of all of this Okayish

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

John Nolan on 10:36 - Apr 16 with 3287 viewstrncbluearmy

until he plays
John Nolan on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 3269 viewsBlueBadger

John Nolan on 10:36 - Apr 16 by trncbluearmy

until he plays

I was just thinking that. If he thinks the rest of them are half-arsed cowards forever taking the easy option rather than actually stand out he's going to LOVE Nolan.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

John Nolan on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 3266 viewsSteve_M

Depends if he's any better than Jon Nolan who has been frustratingly inconsistent throughout his three years here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

John Nolan on 10:41 - Apr 16 with 3213 viewsclive_baker

And actually a good footballer to be fair to him. I would be interested to see what he could do in a different environment, as on his day he is tidy and can break the lines. We so rarely get midfield players into the opponents box which Nolan tries to do.

I would've thought he might be one that would get a chance under Cook, they're from a similar neck of the woods. Although I heard recently he was being earmarked for a departure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

John Nolan on 10:42 - Apr 16 with 3184 viewsBlueBadger

John Nolan on 10:41 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

And actually a good footballer to be fair to him. I would be interested to see what he could do in a different environment, as on his day he is tidy and can break the lines. We so rarely get midfield players into the opponents box which Nolan tries to do.

I would've thought he might be one that would get a chance under Cook, they're from a similar neck of the woods. Although I heard recently he was being earmarked for a departure.

A lot of them have hinted that there might be a player in them...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

John Nolan on 10:44 - Apr 16 with 3152 viewsChrisd

John Nolan on 10:36 - Apr 16 by trncbluearmy

until he plays

Exactly. He’ll have a decent game then he’ll go AWOL for the next 4. For me, and I appreciate this is just opinion, but I feel he’s one of our weaker midfielders. Chips in with the odd goal, can be neat and tidy, but rarely makes a big impression on a game. Hope to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 18:28]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

John Nolan on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 3101 viewsmeekreech

Hopefully he is one of those who are not getting an option take up! He has been an expensive waste of time along with his mate Nsiala.

That may be unpopular regarding Nsiala but he always looks like a red card waiting .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

John Nolan on 10:56 - Apr 16 with 3037 viewsSParnellx

John Nolan on 10:50 - Apr 16 by meekreech

Hopefully he is one of those who are not getting an option take up! He has been an expensive waste of time along with his mate Nsiala.

That may be unpopular regarding Nsiala but he always looks like a red card waiting .

We've had what, 6 players sent off this season or something like that?

None of them were Toto
Login to get fewer ads

John Nolan on 11:11 - Apr 16 with 2967 viewsTractorFrog

John Nolan on 10:56 - Apr 16 by SParnellx

We've had what, 6 players sent off this season or something like that?

None of them were Toto

Nolan (bad tackle - frustration)
Dozzell (pushed over - bad referee)
Jackson (ridiculous challenge that got him banished to U23)
Bishop (two yellows)
Downes (foul language)
Harrop (another stupid tackle - frustration)

None of these were actual footballing red cards (such as denying goal-scoring opportunities or mis-timing tackles. They were all stupid reds caused by frustration. This is something that needs sorting out.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

John Nolan on 11:12 - Apr 16 with 2949 viewspositivity

it's not an option on nolan i don't think, he has an extra year whatever.

i think nolan and toto are going to be important next year, not many in the squad have experience of promotion, which will be our goal

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

John Nolan on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 2560 viewsChrisd

John Nolan on 11:12 - Apr 16 by positivity

it's not an option on nolan i don't think, he has an extra year whatever.

i think nolan and toto are going to be important next year, not many in the squad have experience of promotion, which will be our goal

Have they got experience of promotion?

John Nolan on 16:03 - Apr 16 with 2530 viewspositivity

John Nolan on 15:58 - Apr 16 by Chrisd

Have they got experience of promotion?

good point,memory playing tricks, they finished 3rd, but lost in the playoffs.

i'd still keep toto though...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

John Nolan on 16:03 - Apr 16 with 2528 viewsMrTown

Toto has been one of the very few players that have performed overall well under Paul Cook.

He has an error in him, as do most defenders at League 1 level, but he is one a very few to come out of the time under Cook so far with any level of credit.

RE red card nonsense: he's been sent off once for us in 3 years.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 16:05]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

John Nolan on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 2488 viewsPositivelyPortman

John Nolan on 10:44 - Apr 16 by Chrisd

Exactly. He’ll have a decent game then he’ll go AWOL for the next 4. For me, and I appreciate this is just opinion, but I feel he’s one of our weaker midfielders. Chips in with the odd goal, can be neat and tidy, but rarely makes a big impression on a game. Hope to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 18:28]

I’d be interested to hear who you think are our stronger midfielders - apart from Downes.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

John Nolan on 16:09 - Apr 16 with 2468 viewsMrTown

John Nolan on 16:07 - Apr 16 by PositivelyPortman

I’d be interested to hear who you think are our stronger midfielders - apart from Downes.

JN I think will perform well under Cook. I think Nolan, Downes, Nydam and Lee Evans will be the 4 midfielders Cook will use to fill his preferred 2 anchors in a 4-2-3-1.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

John Nolan on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 2459 viewsjayessess

He'll be praying Cook doesn't take the "data analysis" thing very seriously, because his numbers are pretty shocking. Bishop and Dozzell are N'golo Kante by comparison.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 16:12]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

John Nolan on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 2402 viewshadleighboyblue

John Nolan on 10:41 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

I think PC has said that he looks forward to working with Nolan .

Certain managers and certain players just gel with each other , so you never know PC might get more out of Nolan than others have
John Nolan on 16:29 - Apr 16 with 2366 viewsBonchosBicycle

John Nolan on 16:03 - Apr 16 by MrTown

Toto has been one of the very few players that have performed overall well under Paul Cook.

He has an error in him, as do most defenders at League 1 level, but he is one a very few to come out of the time under Cook so far with any level of credit.

RE red card nonsense: he's been sent off once for us in 3 years.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 16:05]

Still one of the worst straight reds I've seen. It wasn't even a tackle, it was a rather good interception.
John Nolan on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 2232 viewsBLUEBEAT

Scousers get a free pass

Poll: W or W

John Nolan on 18:30 - Apr 16 with 2092 viewsChrisd

John Nolan on 16:07 - Apr 16 by PositivelyPortman

Just Downes. I’d keep him and then look to build around him. I think Dozzell will stay because of his contract, but for me he’s still not developed into the player I thought he could be. The rest, including Bishop, I’d move on.

John Nolan on 18:33 - Apr 16 with 2080 viewsTieDyedIn95

Given that he was dropped, sent to the U23's for complaining about being dropped, and then immediately injured when he returned I am not sure he's come out of this season looking any good at all. If we are serious about promotion we need to recruit better than Jon Nolan.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

John Nolan on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 2033 viewsKeaneish

Nolan’s the type of player who’ll shine under Cook. He’ll stamp out his sideways passing instantly and get him playing on the front foot unlike Lambert. It’ll be interesting to see him early next season, he’s got the ability, we’ve just barely seen it do anything in a Town shirt.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

John Nolan on 18:53 - Apr 16 with 2014 viewsclive_baker

John Nolan on 16:22 - Apr 16 by hadleighboyblue

I think PC has said that he looks forward to working with Nolan .

Certain managers and certain players just gel with each other , so you never know PC might get more out of Nolan than others have

Yeah I agree, I thought Cook might be a good manager for Nolan, and he still might of course. Father figure type that could get the best out of him, coming into his prime years too. I’ve been told it’s more a case of Nolan wanting out, but perhaps a break and squad refresh would give him something to think about.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

John Nolan on 18:54 - Apr 16 with 2009 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think anyone who is still under contract beyond the summer gets a chance to prove they can get fit and play during pre-season unless the club receives an offer from someone prepared to pay their wages or at least a decent proportion of them. I think Nolan could be a decent squad player next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

John Nolan on 18:59 - Apr 16 with 1975 viewsjayessess

John Nolan on 18:30 - Apr 16 by Chrisd

Just Downes. I’d keep him and then look to build around him. I think Dozzell will stay because of his contract, but for me he’s still not developed into the player I thought he could be. The rest, including Bishop, I’d move on.

Bishop is in his peak years, he can only really get another contract based on what he is now. At the moment his trouble is that he's neither one thing nor the other. He doesn't seem to be athletic enough to be a box-to-box midfielder, his movement and vision aren't really good enough for a number 10. So what you get from him is essentially 1 or 2 good dribbles per game, usually without a final ball, in exchange for relatively little pressing or defensive contribution. A shame, because in the Autumn he looked like he'd cracked it. Dribbling in the right areas, getting into shooting positions, scoring.

Dozzell's 21, first full season in the first team, learning a position usually occupied by much more experienced players, without much support. IMO he'll keep improving and be a very useful player when he's getting into his peak years.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024