Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No idea why we are playing loan players 16:29 - May 1 with 2342 viewsDeano69

4 on now. Bizarre

Edited.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 16:36]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:31 - May 1 with 1930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

4 isnt it?

And they've for as much future at ITFC as half of the contracted players.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:34 - May 1 with 1879 viewsRonFearonsHair

They're almost all effectively loan players now.
No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:35 - May 1 with 1860 viewsDeano69

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:31 - May 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

4 isnt it?

And they've for as much future at ITFC as half of the contracted players.

My mistake, yes 4. Just don’t understand it, 2-0 up nothing to play for, opposition already relegated.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:36 - May 1 with 1844 viewschicoazul

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:35 - May 1 by Deano69

My mistake, yes 4. Just don’t understand it, 2-0 up nothing to play for, opposition already relegated.

Trying to keep the parent clubs sweet.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:57 - May 1 with 1756 viewsSwansea_Blue

At this stage of the seon it makes no sense at all. Cook could have some of the U23s on the bench to have a look at them in a competitive game and start thinking about next season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:58 - May 1 with 1745 viewsstiff_talking

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:36 - May 1 by chicoazul

Trying to keep the parent clubs sweet.

We are playing loans as they are either more willing to play for us than our actual squad players or we have already shipped out current squad and they are all we have left !
No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:00 - May 1 with 1733 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On the basis that Judge isn't playing in case he gets injured and is then our responsibility to look after, the loan players make far more sense than Edwards.

There comes a point at which playing our own youngsters before they are ready can be counter-productive.

Or to put it another way, who would you play in place of these loan players? Nsiala instead of McGuinness I get unless we are looking at having McGuinness here again next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:01 - May 1 with 1732 viewsgordon

No idea why we are playing loan players on 16:57 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

At this stage of the seon it makes no sense at all. Cook could have some of the U23s on the bench to have a look at them in a competitive game and start thinking about next season.

Is there actually anyone else knocking around who's likely to be at the club next season, is fit and available, and wasn't involved with the u18s last night? Tyreece Simpson maybe?
Login to get fewer ads

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:02 - May 1 with 1719 viewslazyblue

Most of the team are loan players with contracts up at the end of season
No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:04 - May 1 with 1690 viewsgordon

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:00 - May 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

On the basis that Judge isn't playing in case he gets injured and is then our responsibility to look after, the loan players make far more sense than Edwards.

There comes a point at which playing our own youngsters before they are ready can be counter-productive.

Or to put it another way, who would you play in place of these loan players? Nsiala instead of McGuinness I get unless we are looking at having McGuinness here again next season.

Really not sure it's going to be that counter-productive giving young players 20 minutes off the bench at the end of a dead rubber League One game behind closed doors.
No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:04 - May 1 with 1678 viewspointofblue

To put it bluntly because if they get injured it's no skin off our nose. We don't want any of those who we're releasing to hang around the club whilst they're recovering or pay for their treatment.

Those who played I'd assume Cook is keeping.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:05 - May 1 with 1672 viewsSuperfrans

But maybe we are in a position to sign them next season, loan or permanent?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:07 - May 1 with 1660 viewsjayessess

Might be contractual obligations/financial penalties related to minutes?

Keeping parent clubs sweet might apply with relation to McGuinness and Parrott, but I'm not sure we would be particularly arsed if Preston or BMG don't want to loan us anyone again. I suppose in general you can tell potential loaning clubs "look how many minutes all our loan players got"?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:09 - May 1 with 1637 viewsTrequartista

There's not really any difference between a loan player, and a player whose contract is about to expire and we won't be renewing.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:09 - May 1 with 1637 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:05 - May 1 by Superfrans

Maybe. But surely we've seen enough to know we wouldn't want to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:10 - May 1 with 1633 viewspointofblue

I don't think Cook wants the U23 or U18 players picking up on any negativity from the first team squad. We're lucky Dobra is playing.

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:32 - May 1 with 1572 viewsLankHenners

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:05 - May 1 by Superfrans

Bloody hope not.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:36 - May 1 with 1553 viewsreusersfreekicks

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:10 - May 1 by pointofblue

I don't think Cook wants the U23 or U18 players picking up on any negativity from the first team squad. We're lucky Dobra is playing.

Given how he played I'm not so sure
No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:37 - May 1 with 1536 viewsSuperfrans

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:09 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe. But surely we've seen enough to know we wouldn't want to.

Parrot came on and was our best player.

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:42 - May 1 with 1508 viewsreusersfreekicks

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:37 - May 1 by Superfrans

Parrot came on and was our best player.

Best? Did ok but that's all
No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:47 - May 1 with 1489 viewsSuperfrans

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:42 - May 1 by reusersfreekicks

Best? Did ok but that's all

😂😂😂😂😂😂

He came on and gave the best demonstration of how a 10 should play as we’ve seen all season. Ian Atkins said as much too.

But the wider point is that the entire team has been mis-firing. Nobody has looked good this season. If PC can find a way of making something of *some* of these players, who might be available for us next season, it doesn’t matter whether they are currently contracted or loan players.

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:48 - May 1 with 1479 viewspointofblue

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:47 - May 1 by Superfrans

😂😂😂😂😂😂

He came on and gave the best demonstration of how a 10 should play as we’ve seen all season. Ian Atkins said as much too.

But the wider point is that the entire team has been mis-firing. Nobody has looked good this season. If PC can find a way of making something of *some* of these players, who might be available for us next season, it doesn’t matter whether they are currently contracted or loan players.

If we're going to build a squad let's make it our own - not aiding Premier League academies by acting as a nursery.

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:54 - May 1 with 1443 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:10 - May 1 by pointofblue

Possibly but today it looked like he was learning how to control a football from Edwards at times.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:55 - May 1 with 1440 viewsLankHenners

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:47 - May 1 by Superfrans

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Parrott looked good when he came on but if you don't think the likes of McGuinness, Harrop and Bennetts have been anything other than a waste of time for us and them then I don't know what you're watching.

The latter two in particular have been utter garbage and well below the generally poor level set by the team as a collective.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:55 - May 1 with 1430 viewsSuperfrans

No idea why we are playing loan players on 17:48 - May 1 by pointofblue

If we're going to build a squad let's make it our own - not aiding Premier League academies by acting as a nursery.

If we can get Parrott in league one next season, playing consistently the way he did when he came on (which is much more in line with how he was hyped before arriving) we would be crazy to turn him down. If we do, someone else will have him.

While there is a loan system that others can benefit from, pretending we won’t have any loanees would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024