Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else worrying… 17:19 - May 11 with 6489 viewschicoazul

…the club will have a Keane-style brain fart and get rid of Klug?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else worrying… on 18:39 - May 11 with 2217 viewsborge

Anyone else worrying… on 17:43 - May 11 by chrismakin

We have been purchased by Americans with a pension pot
Paying nearly a million for a CEO

The ipswich of old is long gone I'm afraid.

The future will hopefully be bright but it's a new club.

I don't actually buy into your 'new club' line; the changes are not yet that drastic and I don't think they will be.

But my point is that you can't just lose the culture or heritage of a club otherwise it becomes pointless - no longer a club in that it has no discernible identity.

Yes, you will always have people who are in it for the glory, but they will only stay around whilst times are good and so retaining some semblance of heritage is critical. Keane tried to destroy it but luckily failed and I believe our new owners have the wherewithal to not try the same.

Many of the human-resource based elements of the club were more than capable, they just weren't given the infrastructure within which to be successful. Losing them before you've had a chance to implement some of the more fundamental improvements is far from sensible and I trust our new owners to see that and limit the changes in a way that helps us retain our identity.
Anyone else worrying… on 18:44 - May 11 with 2201 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else worrying… on 18:33 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Yep, people aren’t perfect and it’s not an attempt to be holier than thou - but it’s not great characteristics on recent display from someone in a leadership role.

I think people forget what it what it was like before Mick came in with unprofessionalism from likes of Bullard, Taylor, Chopra, etc and I don’t really want to see us go back that way

Nothing wrong with wanting high calibre professionals / it’s what we seem to be getting on the non footballing side of things

This actually makes it sound worse. He refused a breath test.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-53923593
[Post edited 11 May 2021 18:47]
Anyone else worrying… on 18:48 - May 11 with 2180 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m not necessarily worried about Klugs job, and I know it’s been done a thousand times before (also on this thread), but I do worry about those Cook is bringing in. I thought without Richardson coming in, McGreal would’ve been an ideal assistant, but without him now, it is a worry the calibre of people Cook seems to be looking at.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else worrying… on 18:52 - May 11 with 2167 viewsgtsb1966

Blimey!!!!
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/francis-jeffers-journey-ever
Anyone else worrying… on 19:05 - May 11 with 2123 viewschicoazul

Anyone else worrying… on 18:48 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

I’m not necessarily worried about Klugs job, and I know it’s been done a thousand times before (also on this thread), but I do worry about those Cook is bringing in. I thought without Richardson coming in, McGreal would’ve been an ideal assistant, but without him now, it is a worry the calibre of people Cook seems to be looking at.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.

Apparently John McG turned it down and is in for a managers job somewhere.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Anyone else worrying… on 19:06 - May 11 with 2113 viewschicoazul

Anyone else worrying… on 18:52 - May 11 by gtsb1966

Blimey!!!!
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/francis-jeffers-journey-ever

And to think people wanted the Banter Era closed.

Anyone else worrying… on 19:17 - May 11 with 2089 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else worrying… on 19:05 - May 11 by chicoazul

Apparently John McG turned it down and is in for a managers job somewhere.

That’s what I’ve been told

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else worrying… on 19:20 - May 11 with 2075 viewsSharkey

Anyone else worrying… on 19:17 - May 11 by itfcjoe

He seems to be a fine man, John McGreal. Always courteous, always dignified. I don't know what he would have made of some of PC's playing to the gallery, -- he may well have just smiled -- but it's certainly not his style.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else worrying… on 19:28 - May 11 with 2033 viewspointofblue

Blimey!!!!

And I posted something about Derby not having morals earlier... seems like I should look closer to home.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 19:58]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone else worrying… on 19:37 - May 11 with 2015 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone else worrying… on 19:17 - May 11 by itfcjoe

I don't think he was offered it, he's been after a manager's job so didn't suit him or PC to be his assistant as he'd be off sooner rather than later.
Anyone else worrying… on 19:47 - May 11 with 1982 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else worrying… on 19:37 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he was offered it, he's been after a manager's job so didn't suit him or PC to be his assistant as he'd be off sooner rather than later.

Think it went a bit further than that, but couldn’t get it to work for all parties

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else worrying… on 19:49 - May 11 with 1961 viewsHarryB

Anyone else worrying… on 19:47 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Think it went a bit further than that, but couldn’t get it to work for all parties

joe how many first team members of staff will there be come the start of the season do you think?
Anyone else worrying… on 19:49 - May 11 with 1960 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely Jeffers isn't going to be his #2?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else worrying… on 19:53 - May 11 with 1940 viewschrismakin

Anyone else worrying… on 19:49 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Just dont ask him to drive you home or send a text

Also. Make sure broom handles are well out of reach too.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone else worrying… on 20:01 - May 11 with 1915 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else worrying… on 19:53 - May 11 by chrismakin

Just dont ask him to drive you home or send a text

Also. Make sure broom handles are well out of reach too.

Drink drivers are clearly morons but we can't hold grudges against people as they come in. We have to back Cook.

I hope he's not the #2 but as a coach, I guess it's fair enough. Even if i'm slightly uninspired...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else worrying… on 20:10 - May 11 with 1891 viewshype313

Tranmere are in the market for a new Manager...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else worrying… on 20:20 - May 11 with 1889 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone else worrying… on 19:47 - May 11 by itfcjoe

Maybe the matter was discussed further, but I was told a few weeks ago that him as the assistant didn't suit either party.
Anyone else worrying… on 20:39 - May 11 with 1817 viewsgordon

Anyone else worrying… on 17:34 - May 11 by Steve_M

Put it this way, I hope that it isn't Cook making all of the coaching appointments. The whole point about having a structure should be that things across the wider club aren't dependent on the first team manager.

Obviously Cook should be able to choose his own coaching team for the first team but not for the entire club.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:34]

Exactly, if it weren't to work out with Cook, would all these appointments leave with him, leaving the club in a mess? He should just be bringing in an assistant to work with, that's it.
Anyone else worrying… on 20:45 - May 11 with 1809 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone else worrying… on 19:49 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Not sure what role he's being lined-up for precisely. First time I heard his name was in connection with the assistant's position though.
Anyone else worrying… on 20:48 - May 11 with 1794 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone else worrying… on 19:20 - May 11 by Sharkey

He seems to be a fine man, John McGreal. Always courteous, always dignified. I don't know what he would have made of some of PC's playing to the gallery, -- he may well have just smiled -- but it's certainly not his style.

Whether he's going to join the staff or otherwise, they're good friends. Played together at Tranmere.
Anyone else worrying… on 20:52 - May 11 with 1769 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone else worrying… on 17:22 - May 11 by chrismakin

I've been thinking about this.

If he was to go... is it the worst thing?

I appreciate what hes done... but how do we know there isnt better...

I dont really know what he does to comment on it to much But if we are looking at Kierons comments about not creating higher standards of academy products does that start with Klug?

Btw. I have no idea. He may the best academy manager out there but if we are making changes for the future... is he another one who does need to go for us to move forward.....
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:25]

It would be an utter disaster if Klug left. He was away for a while when Keane was here (I don't remember the story, i.e. why...) but at that time the academy went back years.
He returned, and it picked up again. It isn't by accident or luck that we're in the SF of the FA Youth Cup tomorrow night. Yes, Adem Atay has to take a high share of credit, but Klug is the man who has made it happen. Again and again.
Anyone else worrying… on 21:12 - May 11 with 1718 viewsPippin1970

Who cares as long as we get promoted. Every company or work place goes through change time to time , freshen it up. We need some grit to get us promoted, maybe the being too nice approach hasn't worked.
Anyone else worrying… on 21:17 - May 11 with 1711 viewsHalifaxBlue

And death threats to his ex-wife. Not pleased about this, I'll be very disappointed if/when this is done.

EDIT - with regards to the Jeffers stuff earlier in the thread.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 21:18]

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Anyone else worrying… on 21:35 - May 11 with 1648 viewsPJH

Anyone else worrying… on 20:39 - May 11 by gordon

Exactly, if it weren't to work out with Cook, would all these appointments leave with him, leaving the club in a mess? He should just be bringing in an assistant to work with, that's it.

As it does not look like any coaching appointments are going to be his first choices (if Cook is doing the choosing) I suppose that they are less likely to go if/when he goes.
Anyone else worrying… on 21:39 - May 11 with 1643 viewsFreddies_Ears

Blimey!!!!

Utter scumbag. I don't want him anywhere near our club. This latest offence was only 2 years ago after all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024