Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... 17:50 - May 13 with 6139 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-ipswich-mark-ashton-54

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 21:24 - May 13 with 1466 viewsHARRY10

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:53 - May 13 by SomethingBlue

It will have come from somewhere, whether or not it's right — and the piece is in fact bylined by their sports editor. Journalists get things wrong and some outlets certainly stretch things but it's really tiresome and dangerous to assume people are just lying. 99.99% are just doing their jobs. Keep undermining the media and you'll destroy a free press eventually — just as the dangerous b6stards in charge of this country wish you to. Rant over, sorry!
[Post edited 13 May 2021 19:01]

I think it is a reasoned comment to question the £40m figure used, as there has been NO verification from ITFC.

There is also a marked difference between intentionally lying , and lazy journalism. My comment was suggesting the latter.

To retain a free press you need constant vigilance and challenge. What you are putting forward actually runs counter to that thought.....that we accept whatever is handed out because to question is to risk 'undermining the media'.
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 21:43 - May 13 with 1396 viewsITFC_Forever

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 21:24 - May 13 by HARRY10

I think it is a reasoned comment to question the £40m figure used, as there has been NO verification from ITFC.

There is also a marked difference between intentionally lying , and lazy journalism. My comment was suggesting the latter.

To retain a free press you need constant vigilance and challenge. What you are putting forward actually runs counter to that thought.....that we accept whatever is handed out because to question is to risk 'undermining the media'.

In fairness, no club is ever going to come out and say how much they have to spend...
[Post edited 13 May 2021 21:43]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 21:48 - May 13 with 1362 viewsDyland

Totally agree with your first two paras. The third though... er... lolwut...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 22:12 - May 13 with 1303 viewsLord_Lucan

What are journalists these days other than social media gatherers and uni types with political agendas either way.

I look at all the mainstream papers online every day before I start work. They all carry the same stories with a different political analysis and sway - except when stories are so concrete but don't fall into their way of thinking, in which case they just won't run with it at all.

The worst two at the moment are The Express and The Guardian.

Gone are the Fleet Street days. It's all so very Beano now.

Edit; I've given this further thought and I am sure there are some very good investigative journalists out there.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 9:58]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 22:16 - May 13 with 1286 viewsFreddy

40m in League 1 🤣 more like 5m maybe for 5/6 players
What says you Phil?
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 22:20 - May 13 with 1273 viewsStokieBlue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 22:16 - May 13 by Freddy

40m in League 1 🤣 more like 5m maybe for 5/6 players
What says you Phil?

Doubt it will be that much but we have another journalist on this thread stating that he wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.

I mean even a quarter of that would be a lot.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 22:52 - May 13 with 1191 viewsrgp1

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 19:00 - May 13 by mylittletown

Be interesting to know how much of Steve Lansdown's money they spunked away to finish 19th in the Championship.

I think Pearson won the first 2 or 3 games and then fell off a cliff edge. It would appear that it's only him and the company cat left in the building. Presumably there is a valid reason for us hoovering up all their staff, I see Dyer spoke very highly of the head of performance?
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 01:00 - May 14 with 1064 viewstextbackup

scares me when they quote figures like that, because instantly on twitter you see the eyes light up from people.

We've followed football long enough to know fees don't mean the players will be a success.

give me 5 quality freebies over 5 £3m signings any day. but some just don't see that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 01:24 - May 14 with 1034 viewsMach_foreignBlue

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 01:00 - May 14 by textbackup

scares me when they quote figures like that, because instantly on twitter you see the eyes light up from people.

We've followed football long enough to know fees don't mean the players will be a success.

give me 5 quality freebies over 5 £3m signings any day. but some just don't see that

5 quality freebies.......hmmmmmmm

We have had plenty of freebies for years and what has it given us?

The quality costs that's why we have to pay to progress.
£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 03:35 - May 14 with 981 viewstextbackup

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 01:24 - May 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

5 quality freebies.......hmmmmmmm

We have had plenty of freebies for years and what has it given us?

The quality costs that's why we have to pay to progress.

difference being these championship quality freebies would be playing in league one.

sorry I didn't word the first post correctly really

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 06:51 - May 14 with 913 viewsWakh

£40m budget according to the Bristol press.... on 18:21 - May 13 by HARRY10

"It is said......."

By whom ?

Is there someone at Bristol who knows the exact figure, and if so how ? Or have they simply guessed, or confused that with the money it supposedly cost the new owners to buy the club ?

Is the figure an extra amount, a one off ?

If it is a one off amount then it will have to be used to cover the full mount of any contract, or is it the understanding that a similar amount will be available each season ?

If so, we are looking at one helluva amount to be repaid oi capital alone - never mind the interest from an investment.

Or in other words it is just some spotty herbert intern making things up

The way SCMP works reflects in some ways the wat a pension investment works.

Under SCMP the owners cannot lend money - therefore nothing to pay back.

They will need to invest in potential, and the value of those assets will need to rise with or without the club. If they don't; just like any other investment its a loss. Some will rise significantly, others won't.

The key point to remember is there would need to be substantial investment on multiple potential assets for the model to work. Therefore no loan, no repayment. It would need a sum of that kind of figure to work.

The plan would also need to build a championship squad now to accelerate the process.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024