Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? 07:40 - May 15 with 2504 viewsNeedhamChris

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 07:41 - May 15 with 2485 viewsBlueBadger

Where's the 'shall we wait and see, but let's face it he'd have a long way to go to do worse than Free Beers Lambert' option?
[Post edited 15 May 2021 7:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 07:45 - May 15 with 2452 viewsNeedhamChris

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 07:41 - May 15 by BlueBadger

Where's the 'shall we wait and see, but let's face it he'd have a long way to go to do worse than Free Beers Lambert' option?

Fair point, however I’m just replicating a poll from a while ago to see if there’s been much of a swing or not.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:03 - May 15 with 2355 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:06 - May 15 with 2334 viewshype313

Really? We're at the point before he's even had a window?

Wow.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:13 - May 15 with 2307 viewshoppy

It’s probably near the “I don’t know yet, but I really hope so - the results and performances under him so far haven’t been anywhere near what we would expect from him, so needs to get a new squad together and hit next season running and then keep running, unlike the last couple of seasons where we’ve had a great start and then fallen off the pace dramatically.” option.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:19 - May 15 with 2270 viewsbluejacko

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:13 - May 15 by hoppy

It’s probably near the “I don’t know yet, but I really hope so - the results and performances under him so far haven’t been anywhere near what we would expect from him, so needs to get a new squad together and hit next season running and then keep running, unlike the last couple of seasons where we’ve had a great start and then fallen off the pace dramatically.” option.

You say performances from him! Was he the one out on the pitch kicking the ball?
It wasn’t till the last couple of games the penny dropped with the players how Cook wanted them to play.
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:44 - May 15 with 2205 viewsMetal_Hacker

Gobsmacked

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:00 - May 15 with 2110 viewshoppy

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 08:19 - May 15 by bluejacko

You say performances from him! Was he the one out on the pitch kicking the ball?
It wasn’t till the last couple of games the penny dropped with the players how Cook wanted them to play.

No, I said performances under him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:15 - May 15 with 2055 viewsElephantintheRoom

The 86% approval rating despite his appalling and embarrassing performance so far is an interesting parallel with applauding Lambo all the way to the the third division.

Bug yes, early days - and presumably an amusing wind-up which has got the predictable response

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:24 - May 15 with 2031 viewsBasuco

Taking into account that the team performed worse under Paul Cook than under Paul Lambert last season and Paul Cook has successfully done similar rebuild jobs previously, I think it is too early to say. I would vote for nervously, cautiously and optimistically waiting to see what happens next season.
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 10:39 - May 15 with 1907 viewsChurchman

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:24 - May 15 by Basuco

Taking into account that the team performed worse under Paul Cook than under Paul Lambert last season and Paul Cook has successfully done similar rebuild jobs previously, I think it is too early to say. I would vote for nervously, cautiously and optimistically waiting to see what happens next season.

At the end of last season, we lost 4 on 5 home league games. Peterborough, as usual, wiped the floor with us, Oxford, Fleetwood and Coventry won easily. We did beat Burton and we did bang in 3 consolation goals in the hiding at Lincoln earlier. This season, if you mean that, to say we performed worse under Cook than Lambert is as misleading as me saying we were unbeaten at home under Cook. We were awful throughout is the plain truth of it. We have been for years.

With regard to how it might go next season, I can guarantee it will be a disaster if Cook is not fully supported with the staff and players he wants. It may still be a disaster if his decisions are poor, in which case knowing Americans, he’ll be out on his earhole before Halloween. And deservedly so. Until then he gets my support.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:40]
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 10:42 - May 15 with 1885 viewssolemio

Where's the 'I don't know and nor does anyone else' option?
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 10:57 - May 15 with 1832 viewsKeaneish

No more of these posts or polls please. Nonsense.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 10:59 - May 15 with 1824 viewsRadlett_blue

Can we have a "don't know" option, please?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 11:41 - May 15 with 1730 viewsbluejacko

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:00 - May 15 by hoppy

Under him from him doesn’t matter! It still was down to the players to actually give the performance required which they failed big time.
Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 11:47 - May 15 with 1709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 09:00 - May 15 by hoppy

If you rearrange the letters though, there’s definitely a ‘from’ in there somewhere.

I like yours and Badger’s options but would shorten it to ‘fk knows’. Given all the changes I don’t see how anyone can predict what’s going to happen. You’re right that he’s still got it all to prove though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 11:53 - May 15 with 1689 viewsChrisd

He's exactly the type of manager we need right now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 11:57 - May 15 with 1672 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is Paul Cook the right man for the job? on 11:53 - May 15 by Chrisd

He's exactly the type of manager we need right now.

On paper we’d certainly struggle to find better. Let’s all wait and see.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 11:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024