Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is modern top level football a bit boring? 17:52 - May 15 with 1014 viewsDubtractor

Its a point I'm sure I've made before - but just seems to be teams cancelling each other out.

36 minutes into the cup final, and almost nothing at all has happened.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 17:54 - May 15 with 985 viewsfooters

No one even tries breaking each other's legs anymore.

It's pasteurised football, for people with false teeth.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 17:59 - May 15 with 948 viewsSteve_M

Fitness levels and organisation have improved immensely over recent decades. If teams play well off the ball then there’s not a lot of space. That’s very much the case here although Chelsea have nearly created a few chances. It’ll open up a bit more as players tire.

It’s similar in the Championship, the space that Burley’s teams had, let alone three or four reliably weak teams, just isn’t there there any more.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:00 - May 15 with 940 viewsjayessess

Compared to what?

When you've got nothing at stake, all football isn't intrinsically a brilliant watch a lot of the time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:00 - May 15 with 942 viewschicoazul

Many top flight teams just seem so risk averse. I don’t think it helps when you have a solid defensive unit in Chelsea against a counter attack team like Leicester.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:02 - May 15 with 927 viewsMullet

Not sure we can talk after our run of 0-0s buh!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:02 - May 15 with 928 viewsSitfcB

Chelsea are boring under TT.

See Newcastle v Man City last night and Man Utd v Liverpool on Thursday, they were entertaining!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:04 - May 15 with 907 viewsDubtractor

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:02 - May 15 by Mullet

Not sure we can talk after our run of 0-0s buh!

Does that mean we are top level too?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:05 - May 15 with 891 viewsMattinLondon

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 17:59 - May 15 by Steve_M

Fitness levels and organisation have improved immensely over recent decades. If teams play well off the ball then there’s not a lot of space. That’s very much the case here although Chelsea have nearly created a few chances. It’ll open up a bit more as players tire.

It’s similar in the Championship, the space that Burley’s teams had, let alone three or four reliably weak teams, just isn’t there there any more.

The better teams regardless of fitness levels will always have extra time and find extra space.

It’s simply due to the fact that a lot of teams are too scared of losing
Login to get fewer ads

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:06 - May 15 with 886 viewsONENIL78

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:00 - May 15 by chicoazul

Many top flight teams just seem so risk averse. I don’t think it helps when you have a solid defensive unit in Chelsea against a counter attack team like Leicester.

i think i saw a tackle made in the 35minute
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:06 - May 15 with 886 viewsSitfcB

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:04 - May 15 by Dubtractor

I think Man Utd have had 8/9 0-0’s this season, we are basically a top 2 Premier League side.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:06 - May 15 with 885 viewsBramidan

Has enybody reminded them it's supposed to be entertainment?
I'm off to read my book.
Pundits trying to talk it up, it's sh1t
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:07 - May 15 with 880 viewsMattinLondon

Sounds like tactics Mick McGiven would be proud of.
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:09 - May 15 with 855 viewsThrobbe

Never mind that. Is Jermaine Jenas wearing a cardigan under his jacket?

These are the important questions.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:10 - May 15 with 842 viewsMullet

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:04 - May 15 by Dubtractor

More like Top Deck compared the champagne football lot innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:17 - May 15 with 804 viewsjayessess

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:06 - May 15 by Bramidan

I'm off to read my book.

"to hell with your tactical plan, please throw caution to the wind to entertain me, a neutral, who could not care in the slightest whether you win or lose."

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:17 - May 15 with 798 viewsBramidan

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:06 - May 15 by Bramidan

I'm off to read my book.

Atmosphere electric some so some idiot I just heard.
Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:21 - May 15 with 776 viewsHerbivore

Cup finals are generally cagey affairs. I remember loads of dull ones growing up in the 80s and 90s. I reckon 1-0 is probably the most common FA Cup final scoreline.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:26 - May 15 with 752 viewsMattinLondon

Is modern top level football a bit boring? on 18:21 - May 15 by Herbivore

Cup finals are generally cagey affairs. I remember loads of dull ones growing up in the 80s and 90s. I reckon 1-0 is probably the most common FA Cup final scoreline.

Can you please keep to the script - modern football and modern football fans don’t have a clue.

If you remember that then you can add in phrases like ‘tin pot’ and ‘proper’ for extra bite.

Surprised a regular poster like you doesn’t know this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024