Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The school catch-up program went well 21:04 - Jun 2 with 1864 viewsBasuco

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57335558
The school catch-up program went well on 22:24 - Jun 2 with 1553 viewseireblue

That was rather funny to see after listening to Gavin explain how good his plans were this morning.
The school catch-up program went well on 22:38 - Jun 2 with 1542 viewsHARRY10

Never mind Priti (vacant) Patel has another great idea to help the NHS

"Priti Patel is planning to hike visa fees for NHS and other workers from EU countries

Ms Patel is exploring removing a £55 discount on application fees for citizens from 26 countries, most of which are EU members.

The move would hit workers in the NHS and care sectors, as well as seasonal workers such as fruit pickers — all areas where there are fears of staff shortages after Brexit.

It would also mean employers would lose their exemption from paying a £199 fee as part of their sponsorship of foreign workers.

this will help farmers, and no doubt Dim Martin as well
The school catch-up program went well on 22:40 - Jun 2 with 1536 viewsHerbivore

We are governed by the most abject bunch of c**ts imaginable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The school catch-up program went well on 22:48 - Jun 2 with 1524 viewsHARRY10

Electing Johnson as PM, reminds of the time Kettering FC thought it a good idea to appoint Gazza as their manager
The school catch-up program went well on 22:48 - Jun 2 with 1522 viewsBlueBadger

The school catch-up program went well on 22:40 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Yes, but some lefties said racism was bad and that's bullying.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The school catch-up program went well on 23:39 - Jun 2 with 1492 viewsfactual_blue

The school catch-up program went well on 22:48 - Jun 2 by HARRY10

Electing Johnson as PM, reminds of the time Kettering FC thought it a good idea to appoint Gazza as their manager

Although Gazza did have some demonstrable talent.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The school catch-up program went well on 23:41 - Jun 2 with 1490 viewsSpruceMoose

And so, so, so many people love it!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The school catch-up program went well on 08:50 - Jun 3 with 1391 viewsgtsb1966

We live in a democracy. The Tories won the election. The people can vote for a change in four years time ....if they want to. The country also voted for Brexit. Get over it because you ain't going to change any of it....yet.
Login to get fewer ads

The school catch-up program went well on 08:52 - Jun 3 with 1386 viewsHerbivore

The school catch-up program went well on 08:50 - Jun 3 by gtsb1966

We live in a democracy. The Tories won the election. The people can vote for a change in four years time ....if they want to. The country also voted for Brexit. Get over it because you ain't going to change any of it....yet.

Nah, I'll keep pointing out what an abject bunch of c**ts the government are thanks. It bears repeating.

The school catch-up program went well on 08:54 - Jun 3 with 1393 viewsBlueBadger

Here's the thing about democracy - everyone else has the right to point out what a pack of corrupt, incompetent bigots coasting on a large majority and flag-shagging rather than actually doing their jobs.

If you'd prefer a nation where we're not allowed to do that, others are available.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The school catch-up program went well on 08:58 - Jun 3 with 1367 viewsTractorWood

I think it's right to say I told you say as the county shoots itself in the foot on a daily basis.

I'll do the same when they get re-elected.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The school catch-up program went well on 08:59 - Jun 3 with 1365 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

The school catch-up program went well on 08:54 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Here's the thing about democracy - everyone else has the right to point out what a pack of corrupt, incompetent bigots coasting on a large majority and flag-shagging rather than actually doing their jobs.

If you'd prefer a nation where we're not allowed to do that, others are available.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:02]

bigot

noun
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:00 - Jun 3 with 1366 viewsBlueBadger

LOL

They're not even trying anymore are they? by gtsb1966 28 May 2021 17:07
I actually think this government is so bad it would. We'll have to agree to disagree. Sadly we won't find out.

The school catch-up program went well on 09:01 - Jun 3 with 1366 viewsBlueBadger

The school catch-up program went well on 08:59 - Jun 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

bigot

noun
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Straw man: a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.Straw man arguments have been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly regarding highly charged emotional subjects.

Straw man tactics in the United Kingdom may also be known as an Aunt Sally, after a pub game of the same name, where patrons throw sticks or battens at a post to knock off a skittle balanced on top.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:07]

The school catch-up program went well on 09:10 - Jun 3 with 1339 viewsElderGrizzly

He should have said the money was for PPE and he would have received 10x what he asked for...
The school catch-up program went well on 09:14 - Jun 3 with 1337 viewsSteve_M

More short-termist thinking which they've trying to hide by shouting about a large number; the benefits of helping children, particularly from the most disadvantaged families, to catch up on lost education and development will be greater that the few billion the Treasury is refusing to provide.

This is also true I think:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The school catch-up program went well on 09:22 - Jun 3 with 1320 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

The school catch-up program went well on 09:01 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Straw man: a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.Straw man arguments have been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly regarding highly charged emotional subjects.

Straw man tactics in the United Kingdom may also be known as an Aunt Sally, after a pub game of the same name, where patrons throw sticks or battens at a post to knock off a skittle balanced on top.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 9:07]

Mr Badger, not once in this thread have you addressed the subject of the catch up programme - but call me out for doing the same!!

As it is, I feel the young people of this country through those at school to those say in their mid twenties have been rather left behind and deserve all of our support. I have grandchildren from 5 through to 21 at school and university and am fully aware of the situation. As always turning these issues into political footballs does not help. Parents, education authorities, local and national politicians all need to pull together to get the help through to where it is required. A one fits all scenario will never work.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:25 - Jun 3 with 1314 viewsHerbivore

The school catch-up program went well on 09:22 - Jun 3 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Mr Badger, not once in this thread have you addressed the subject of the catch up programme - but call me out for doing the same!!

As it is, I feel the young people of this country through those at school to those say in their mid twenties have been rather left behind and deserve all of our support. I have grandchildren from 5 through to 21 at school and university and am fully aware of the situation. As always turning these issues into political footballs does not help. Parents, education authorities, local and national politicians all need to pull together to get the help through to where it is required. A one fits all scenario will never work.

It is political though. The government are the ones who can control how we help young people catch up and how much funding is available to do so. To pretend it's not political is a nonsense.

The school catch-up program went well on 09:32 - Jun 3 with 1297 viewsBeckets

The school catch-up program went well on 09:25 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

It is political though. The government are the ones who can control how we help young people catch up and how much funding is available to do so. To pretend it's not political is a nonsense.

Research from 2019 General Election suggests that the higher the level of education attained by the individual the more likely the individual is to vote Labour. It is not in the current Government’s interest to educate people hence their decision making. To pretend otherwise is a little naive I’d suggest.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:38 - Jun 3 with 1292 viewsHerbivore

The school catch-up program went well on 09:32 - Jun 3 by Beckets

Research from 2019 General Election suggests that the higher the level of education attained by the individual the more likely the individual is to vote Labour. It is not in the current Government’s interest to educate people hence their decision making. To pretend otherwise is a little naive I’d suggest.

Well quite. It's also why the government have banned certain materials being taught - materials considered subversive or anti-capitalist - and why they are focusing policy and investment on subjects that are much more practical and focused on employability rather than on creativity and critical thinking. It's all part of their wider culture war strategy.

The school catch-up program went well on 09:41 - Jun 3 with 1280 viewsgtsb1966

The school catch-up program went well on 09:00 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

LOL

They're not even trying anymore are they? by gtsb1966 28 May 2021 17:07
I actually think this government is so bad it would. We'll have to agree to disagree. Sadly we won't find out.

Yes they are bad but there is really no point in moaning about it daily. Nobody can do anything for four years and nobody can do anything about Brexit at all so you might as well give up on that one completely.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:49 - Jun 3 with 1261 viewsHerbivore

The school catch-up program went well on 09:41 - Jun 3 by gtsb1966

Yes they are bad but there is really no point in moaning about it daily. Nobody can do anything for four years and nobody can do anything about Brexit at all so you might as well give up on that one completely.

You are the only person who has mentioned Brexit on this thread.

The school catch-up program went well on 09:50 - Jun 3 with 1261 viewseireblue

Correct, this is a democracy.

Through a laissez faire attitude and incompetence, tens of thousands of people are dead.

Not only that, those that died, did so horribly and without the comfort of being around families. Those left behind were also left distraught, because they couldn't be with their loved ones in their last hours.

Herbivore is being polite, in my view, in expressing his opinion, which is a democratic right, I believe.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 1247 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

The school catch-up program went well on 09:25 - Jun 3 by Herbivore

The point i am trying to make is that nationally putting more money into education, will not work - it will never get through to where it is needed the most. There was a report out yesterday or the day before showing the most deprived areas of Suffolk and indeed the rest of the nation. Feeding these local authorities with increased resources would be a more favourable way forward.
The school catch-up program went well on 09:55 - Jun 3 with 1237 viewsStokieBlue

49% of the country didn't vote for Brexit, I'm sure if the positions had been reserved you'd not be so forceful in saying 51% is a clear victory.

10m people didn't vote for this government and are perfectly within their rights to voice their concerns and issues with the government even if it upsets you.

You seem to think political debate ceases during the years between elections, perhaps that is part of why we are where we are.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024