Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC license fee 16:10 - Jun 4 with 8477 viewsBelsteadCav

After David Mitchell defence of the bbc the other day, which tv or radio show do you think is worth the license fee?

Obviously the sport coverage ( World Cup, Olympics etc )
Spring watch
Radio 2, radio 5 live and 6 music

What else do you think is worth it?

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

The BBC license fee on 13:58 - Jun 5 with 1485 viewsHerbivore

The BBC license fee on 13:09 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

Corrie is the Rolling Stones of soaps

One thing though, BBC didn't make those programs, the writers made them and BBC produced them.

David Battersberg would still have made his nature things with or without BBC, the only difference is that you would have adverts - although you wouldn't watch them because no one watches live TV anymore, you would just fast forward through them.

Years ago you bought a takeway to save you time and also because you couldn't be arsed to cook, these days you get it delivered to save you time and because you can't be arsed to queue up.

The world has changed but The BBC hasn't.

Are BBC fans just little Englanders?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 13:30]

No.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The BBC license fee on 14:02 - Jun 5 with 1457 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 13:29 - Jun 5 by XYZ

actors, eh? Deceptive b*stards.

Exactly!

Don't come round here with your fake bleedin' cockney nonsense and then sing your own theme songs.

I'm not having it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The BBC license fee on 14:04 - Jun 5 with 1451 viewsfooters

Oh and while I still have you all, licence is the noun and license is the verb. Her Maj would be most disappointed in some of the Americanisms on this board today.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The BBC license fee on 15:08 - Jun 5 with 1404 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC license fee on 13:09 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

Corrie is the Rolling Stones of soaps

One thing though, BBC didn't make those programs, the writers made them and BBC produced them.

David Battersberg would still have made his nature things with or without BBC, the only difference is that you would have adverts - although you wouldn't watch them because no one watches live TV anymore, you would just fast forward through them.

Years ago you bought a takeway to save you time and also because you couldn't be arsed to cook, these days you get it delivered to save you time and because you can't be arsed to queue up.

The world has changed but The BBC hasn't.

Are BBC fans just little Englanders?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 13:30]

That's quite an old fashioned view in my opinion, after all the lock downs most of us have learnt to make our own bread, cook more of own meals and forsake the ready meals and takeaway cul de sacs. And on the way we have discovered that not only can we make better tasting meals than you get delivered, we have learnt to enjoy the act of cooking and are feeling healthier now that we can see what goes onto our plate and not get dodgy ingredients smuggled into the easy option.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

The BBC license fee on 15:15 - Jun 5 with 1400 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 15:08 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

That's quite an old fashioned view in my opinion, after all the lock downs most of us have learnt to make our own bread, cook more of own meals and forsake the ready meals and takeaway cul de sacs. And on the way we have discovered that not only can we make better tasting meals than you get delivered, we have learnt to enjoy the act of cooking and are feeling healthier now that we can see what goes onto our plate and not get dodgy ingredients smuggled into the easy option.

I wish I could find a half-decent takeaway to be honest.

I'm not against the concept entirely and would like to be able to buy one every now and then to break things up a bit food wise.

But even those that come recommended usually turn out to be rubbish and I resent paying for something I can do better myself!

The BBC license fee on 16:23 - Jun 5 with 1365 viewsLord_Lucan

The BBC license fee on 15:08 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

We are all entitled to our own views, but i think you are 100% wrong.

When you say "Most of us", where do you get this information from?

Takeaways have never been busier, they have done tremendous business out of lockdown and have been paid handsomely by Rishi in grants

Win win for fast food.

IMHO

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The BBC license fee on 16:32 - Jun 5 with 1351 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 16:23 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

We are all entitled to our own views, but i think you are 100% wrong.

When you say "Most of us", where do you get this information from?

Takeaways have never been busier, they have done tremendous business out of lockdown and have been paid handsomely by Rishi in grants

Win win for fast food.

IMHO

We're all talking from experience aren't we.

You live in Ipswich which has loads to offer I reckon. The offerings here are a bit limited to say the least.

But for Zombies, stuck out on some island off the coast of Scotland, the local takeaway is probably some leather faced old dear selling heavily salted fish from a hut held down by rocks.

The BBC license fee on 16:41 - Jun 5 with 1333 viewsLord_Lucan

The BBC license fee on 16:32 - Jun 5 by jeera

You live in Ipswich which has loads to offer I reckon. The offerings here are a bit limited to say the least.

But for Zombies, stuck out on some island off the coast of Scotland, the local takeaway is probably some leather faced old dear selling heavily salted fish from a hut held down by rocks.

Ha, I don't know where he lives.

What I do know is since lockdown my kebab wait has gone from 40 mins to 90 mins - unless I am feeling energetic and drive half a mile to pick it up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC license fee on 16:42 - Jun 5 with 1331 viewsbazza

The BBC license fee on 10:28 - Jun 5 by footers

Ab Fab funnier than Only Fools?! Jesus, what has everyone been on today? This is all too much for me.

Gotta be heatstroke..
The BBC license fee on 16:46 - Jun 5 with 1332 viewsPhilTWTD

The BBC license fee on 12:45 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

Does anyone downvote PhilTWTD and survive though? The floodgates could open ...

Watching with interest ...

*Watching with finger on trigger*
The BBC license fee on 16:49 - Jun 5 with 1325 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 16:41 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

Ha, I don't know where he lives.

What I do know is since lockdown my kebab wait has gone from 40 mins to 90 mins - unless I am feeling energetic and drive half a mile to pick it up.

Half a mile drive does sound exhausting to be fair.

Pay a taxi to collect it maybe?

Trouble is the waiting time if the food isn't ready. Or the taxi shows late and the food is cold.

It can be a difficult experience I know!

The BBC license fee on 16:53 - Jun 5 with 1322 viewsLord_Lucan

The BBC license fee on 16:49 - Jun 5 by jeera

Half a mile drive does sound exhausting to be fair.

Pay a taxi to collect it maybe?

Trouble is the waiting time if the food isn't ready. Or the taxi shows late and the food is cold.

It can be a difficult experience I know!

I tend to pre order and it's waiting for me.

I have to go now as I am off home but I have had an interesting afternoon.

An old school friend popped to see me who I haven't seen for years, he has turned into David Icke - completely nuts.

Makes TW4TDers look normal.

Toodle pip.

The BBC license fee on 16:56 - Jun 5 with 1318 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 16:53 - Jun 5 by Lord_Lucan

I tend to pre order and it's waiting for me.

I have to go now as I am off home but I have had an interesting afternoon.

An old school friend popped to see me who I haven't seen for years, he has turned into David Icke - completely nuts.

Makes TW4TDers look normal.

Toodle pip.

Take it easy buh.

Regards to RKD.

The BBC license fee on 21:35 - Jun 5 with 1258 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC license fee on 16:32 - Jun 5 by jeera

Got an excellent pub four miles away that does takeaway but now that we can actually go in there and sit down for a meal why would I get a takeaway? Also an Oyster Shed about the same distance away where you can get seafood during the daytime, say eleven until half three, but when I look at what I have in the fridge I think it it is too much faff to bother with takeaways. However I know people in Hertfordshire where I used to live who have given up on takeaways, partly because of cost and lack of variety but also as a way of avoiding unnecessary contact during the pandemic. And because working from home gives them more time for cooking, good way of breaking up the day too.

The BBC license fee on 21:58 - Jun 5 with 1250 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 21:35 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

Got an excellent pub four miles away that does takeaway but now that we can actually go in there and sit down for a meal why would I get a takeaway? Also an Oyster Shed about the same distance away where you can get seafood during the daytime, say eleven until half three, but when I look at what I have in the fridge I think it it is too much faff to bother with takeaways. However I know people in Hertfordshire where I used to live who have given up on takeaways, partly because of cost and lack of variety but also as a way of avoiding unnecessary contact during the pandemic. And because working from home gives them more time for cooking, good way of breaking up the day too.

Well I thought the old lady in an island shack was mildly amusing.

The BBC license fee on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 1234 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC license fee on 21:58 - Jun 5 by jeera

Well I thought the old lady in an island shack was mildly amusing.

Sorry, went off on one a bit there. Guess I should have pointed out that where I live is getting masses of tourism now so within seven or eight miles I have the pub, the oyster shack, another pub, a coffee shop, a campsite shop that probably has its cafe open and a big new restaurant. But I think there is a bloke who sometimes sell shellfish straight off his boat on the jetty sometimes. And an old guy who used to work a smokehouse a mile or so away and still drives out to spend the day there despite the place being in ruins for decades.

The BBC license fee on 22:11 - Jun 5 with 1232 viewsjeera

The BBC license fee on 22:08 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, went off on one a bit there. Guess I should have pointed out that where I live is getting masses of tourism now so within seven or eight miles I have the pub, the oyster shack, another pub, a coffee shop, a campsite shop that probably has its cafe open and a big new restaurant. But I think there is a bloke who sometimes sell shellfish straight off his boat on the jetty sometimes. And an old guy who used to work a smokehouse a mile or so away and still drives out to spend the day there despite the place being in ruins for decades.

To be honest, that all sounds great to me.

Apart from maybe the tourists.

The BBC license fee on 23:20 - Jun 5 with 1201 viewsMelford

All the local radio stations who do free-to-air commentary for football and cricket is a massive service.There's Brenners and Micks all over the country covering games every week for every club.

Portillo. I used to loathe him as a politician but love him as a broadcaster. Great British Railway Journeys is top telly.

Bernie Keith's Rock 'n' Roll Heaven. Best two hours of radio of the week.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The BBC license fee on 23:50 - Jun 5 with 1178 viewsEpiphone

Leigh Milner on Look East ;)
The BBC license fee on 09:45 - Jun 6 with 1099 viewseastwell_blue

The BBC license fee on 16:37 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

The news on any BBC TV or Radio Channel. Not having output controlled by powerful media moguls, like Murdoch, is worth every penny of the licence fee and more.

"not having output controlled by powerful media"...much better to have it controlled by powerful, corrupt Tory politicians
The BBC license fee on 01:55 - Jun 7 with 1020 viewsRyorry

The BBC license fee on 22:09 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

Just finished watching the one off drama 'Sitting In Limbo' before it goes off the iPlayer on Monday. Wish I had watched it when it came out, the BBC does these films that light up current affairs pretty well.

It won the BAFTA for 'Best Single Drama' last night, so I think it could be back on iPlayer sooner rather than later!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024