Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. 14:00 - Jun 28 with 5139 viewsKieran_Knows

... would be great to get this one done.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-to-step-up-crooks-pursuit-8092918

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:54 - Jun 28 with 1153 viewsN2_Blue

If we get Crooks, i'll be delighted. A good player but best thing about him for our squad is he can play almost anywhere across the front 3 as well as his more usual midfield role.

Would be a fantastic signing and a real signal of intent.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:56 - Jun 28 with 1144 viewsjayessess

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:50 - Jun 28 by Dyland

Is this even serious? Why would he come here? Surely the fee will be (relatively) big. Not an obstacle I guess? But, can ITFC really pay him a lot more money than Rotherham, with FFP rules? Or are we really a much better proposition than other clubs in the Champ and/or similar sized/ambitions to Town in L1?

Looking at this without my blue-tinted specs innit.

It would be a cracking and somewhat surprising signing, non?

A big chunk of a League 1 budget is gate receipts and ours are more than twice theirs? More than twice most of the division in fact.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:56 - Jun 28 with 1137 viewstractorboy1978

Is this even serious? Why would he come here? Surely the fee will be (relatively) big. Not an obstacle I guess? But, can ITFC really pay him a lot more money than Rotherham, with FFP rules? Or are we really a much better proposition than other clubs in the Champ and/or similar sized/ambitions to Town in L1?

It would be a coup for sure. Akin to signing Stewart from Huddersfield back in 2000. We are clearly well backed and willing to pay bottom half Championship wages and he seems to be the number 1 target so I don't think it's unrealistic.

He has a year left at Rotherham who themselves are apparently in a sticky financial situation and don't pay big wages. I guess our sell is come here and join the project early, get promoted this season. Rather than join a Champ team that will be towards the lower end of the league and in a relegation fight (Peterborough, Derby).
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:57 - Jun 28 with 1129 viewsMrTown

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:12 - Jun 28 by Vic

Re his size - just watched the video of his goals and thought he looked to have a bit of power and strength about him. Get him on board and for the first time for a long time I’m confident that out midfield will not be overrun by other teams.

Got to say I’m beginning to like what I’m seeing Cook put together as a team. Looks to have ability and strength all over the place. Get the goalie fella do Penny in at LB then buy a CB to play alongside Woolf, and a goalscorer and we’ll be home and hosed.

He's 6ft 4, yet a really good athlete at the same time. The physical side of the game is critical, and something it looks like PC wants to address.

PC I think is looking to add players who he believes can handle the physical demands of his sides, and also the League as a whole.

I think Crooks (6ft4), Harper (6ft 2), L.Evans as more of technical footballer are a really well balanced midfield - all offer different things; athleticism, power, technical ability, goal scoring.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:58 - Jun 28 with 1114 viewsKieran_Knows

Why would he come here? The fact that he's currently on furlough might help.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:00 - Jun 28 with 1090 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:57 - Jun 28 by MrTown

He's 6ft 4, yet a really good athlete at the same time. The physical side of the game is critical, and something it looks like PC wants to address.

PC I think is looking to add players who he believes can handle the physical demands of his sides, and also the League as a whole.

I think Crooks (6ft4), Harper (6ft 2), L.Evans as more of technical footballer are a really well balanced midfield - all offer different things; athleticism, power, technical ability, goal scoring.

Evans, Harper, possibly Crooks

And people wonder why we didn't keep dozzell. Completely different body type in our midfield.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:02 - Jun 28 with 1070 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:58 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

Why would he come here? The fact that he's currently on furlough might help.

Anyone at Derby we could go shopping for? besides waggy who I can't PC going for

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:02 - Jun 28 with 1070 viewsDyland

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:56 - Jun 28 by jayessess

A big chunk of a League 1 budget is gate receipts and ours are more than twice theirs? More than twice most of the division in fact.

Aye, I get that.... but there are other clubs in L1 with similar gates, and more pertinently clubs in the Champ where he will surely also have offers from if there's a sniff of him looking to move.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:08 - Jun 28 with 1017 viewschrismakin

Something to add here, Crooks is good friends of Jon Stead, and Jon loved his time at town, so hopefully will put a good word in for us.

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:18 - Jun 28 with 963 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:56 - Jun 28 by tractorboy1978

It would be a coup for sure. Akin to signing Stewart from Huddersfield back in 2000. We are clearly well backed and willing to pay bottom half Championship wages and he seems to be the number 1 target so I don't think it's unrealistic.

He has a year left at Rotherham who themselves are apparently in a sticky financial situation and don't pay big wages. I guess our sell is come here and join the project early, get promoted this season. Rather than join a Champ team that will be towards the lower end of the league and in a relegation fight (Peterborough, Derby).

Here's an interesting one:

Rotherham aren't selling Season Tickets, so won't get a big chunk of money up-front/guaranteed monthly payments.

Instead they are selling Flexi Season Tickets, which basically equate to our Silver or Gold Membership. And their website has yet to update for details of how to do that for the 21-22 season!

https://www.themillers.co.uk/tickets/202021-flexi-season-tickets/

So, yeah, it is believable that we have more financial clout than them!
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:23 - Jun 28 with 932 viewschicoazul

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:02 - Jun 28 by Dyland

Aye, I get that.... but there are other clubs in L1 with similar gates, and more pertinently clubs in the Champ where he will surely also have offers from if there's a sniff of him looking to move.

We’ll double his salary bubalah.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:28 - Jun 28 with 904 viewsjayessess

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:02 - Jun 28 by Dyland

He'd have to find one of those clubs that (a) wants to pay a fee for an under contract player (b) Wants to pay the same wages as we're prepared to (c) offers to do so before we complete the deal.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:31 - Jun 28 with 885 viewsDyland

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:28 - Jun 28 by jayessess

He'd have to find one of those clubs that (a) wants to pay a fee for an under contract player (b) Wants to pay the same wages as we're prepared to (c) offers to do so before we complete the deal.

fingers crossed then... would be a great signing innit

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:34 - Jun 28 with 865 viewsfooters

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:31 - Jun 28 by Dyland

fingers crossed then... would be a great signing innit

We've actually properly lucked out for once with these new moneybags owners and the covid situation being as it is with so many clubs offloading players or being in financial difficulty.

Strange but feels like we're becoming some sort of force again :)

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:40 - Jun 28 with 821 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:34 - Jun 28 by footers

We've actually properly lucked out for once with these new moneybags owners and the covid situation being as it is with so many clubs offloading players or being in financial difficulty.

That, plus Cook's decision to cull in order to make the most of it.
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:47 - Jun 28 with 772 viewsDyland

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 17:34 - Jun 28 by footers

aye... though not feeling like much of a force again... but nice to be in the market for decent quality, and with a squad building eye... especially after the worrying culling, which is not to disagree with it per se but instinctively concerned especially with blue tinted specs re Dozzers Downes etc...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024