Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina - minority view 18:10 - Jul 3 with 4568 viewsitfc_bucks

I appear to be in the minority, potentially a minority of one, but I'm not too excited by the potential return of Celina.

Good but not "set the world alight" good.

Presumably, he won't be cheap either...
Celina - minority view on 09:59 - Jul 4 with 1442 viewsElderGrizzly

I think we could spend the budget that would be taken up by Celina much more wisely in L1
Celina - minority view on 10:07 - Jul 4 with 1427 viewsStokieBlue

Celina - minority view on 09:52 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

Guess I have to drop the evidence down now then.

Celina cost Dijon £2.7million from Swansea City. He is on £20,000 a week, currently their second or third highest earner. You can check that at salarysport.com. He has three years left on his deal with Dijon, ball is in their park. He got the same amount of assists last season (6) as Neymar. Bersant Celina will be one of the best players in Ligue 2 next season, and you think Dijon are willingly going to lose a lot of money on a player good enough for Ligue 1? To a League One side?

Do you also think Celina is going to drop his wages to a League One level, which might I add is around the 5-6k mark? This will either be the greatest deal Mark Ashton ever performs, convincing Celina to go from being a good Ligue 1 player, to coming down to League One, dropping his wages by £10k, or it will be the sensible option of trying to loan him in for a season, like Keanan Bennetts.

None of that is evidence, it's all supposition at best. No website is going to know that his salary is with that accuracy, why would the player or club make that information available. I'm sure everyone is aware of his quality that you've highlighted but given this quality is strange you're so down on the transfer.

I'm aware of the fee they paid and the contract, however as others have pointed out, French football and Dijon specifically aren't really in the best position to demand any equivalence to what they paid.

Context is everything.

The context we have here is that the club feel we can get him on a perm and thus they will know the finances far better than you or I and perhaps forensic analysis of second hand resources like you've done in your post should take a secondary role to the actions of the club?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina - minority view on 10:12 - Jul 4 with 1412 viewsLeaky

Celina - minority view on 19:03 - Jul 3 by SomethingBlue

He would be the best player in the league by a street.

I think people were saying the same about Judge when we got relegated
Celina - minority view on 10:16 - Jul 4 with 1398 viewsbluejacko

Celina - minority view on 09:59 - Jul 4 by ElderGrizzly

I think we could spend the budget that would be taken up by Celina much more wisely in L1

Perhaps we should rely on the people who ‘know’ what the budget etc is!
Celina - minority view on 11:20 - Jul 4 with 1330 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina - minority view on 10:12 - Jul 4 by Leaky

I think people were saying the same about Judge when we got relegated

They were, yes, but I don't understand how that's relevant.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina - minority view on 11:34 - Jul 4 with 1302 viewsLeaky

Celina - minority view on 11:20 - Jul 4 by SomethingBlue

They were, yes, but I don't understand how that's relevant.

The point I was making we don't know how he would perform at league 1 level would he be kicked all over the park, would he play at the intensity expected from a Paul Cook team. However agree he could be a top signing at this level.
Celina - minority view on 11:49 - Jul 4 with 1276 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Celina - minority view on 09:52 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

Guess I have to drop the evidence down now then.

Celina cost Dijon £2.7million from Swansea City. He is on £20,000 a week, currently their second or third highest earner. You can check that at salarysport.com. He has three years left on his deal with Dijon, ball is in their park. He got the same amount of assists last season (6) as Neymar. Bersant Celina will be one of the best players in Ligue 2 next season, and you think Dijon are willingly going to lose a lot of money on a player good enough for Ligue 1? To a League One side?

Do you also think Celina is going to drop his wages to a League One level, which might I add is around the 5-6k mark? This will either be the greatest deal Mark Ashton ever performs, convincing Celina to go from being a good Ligue 1 player, to coming down to League One, dropping his wages by £10k, or it will be the sensible option of trying to loan him in for a season, like Keanan Bennetts.

We offered sonny bradley 13k per week
Celina - minority view on 13:05 - Jul 4 with 1223 viewsmarcus1642

Would be excellent acquisition at our level. Simply pie in the sky, no chance of this happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina - minority view on 13:13 - Jul 4 with 1202 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina - minority view on 13:05 - Jul 4 by marcus1642

Would be excellent acquisition at our level. Simply pie in the sky, no chance of this happening.

There is a fairly good chance.

Celina - minority view on 13:32 - Jul 4 with 1168 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Celina - minority view on 19:03 - Jul 3 by SomethingBlue

He would be the best player in the league by a street.

I think you may of hit my concern here. Yes he is a good player, but I remember him as the person who wanted to win everything, by himself. Not a team player, but someone who plays for himself.
Celina - minority view on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 1142 viewsjayessess

Celina - minority view on 13:32 - Jul 4 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

I think you may of hit my concern here. Yes he is a good player, but I remember him as the person who wanted to win everything, by himself. Not a team player, but someone who plays for himself.

He was 21 and had 28 senior appearances when we signed him in 2017. He's had 3 years and nearly 150 games to develop since then.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Celina - minority view on 13:57 - Jul 4 with 1129 viewschrismakin

Celina - minority view on 13:13 - Jul 4 by SomethingBlue

There is a fairly good chance.

I think the fact talks are still ongoing shows it hasnt been a simple no thanks from Celina.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Celina - minority view on 13:59 - Jul 4 with 1126 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina - minority view on 13:57 - Jul 4 by chrismakin

I think the fact talks are still ongoing shows it hasnt been a simple no thanks from Celina.

Correct.

Celina - minority view on 10:05 - Jul 5 with 957 viewstractorboy1978

If Ashton, Cook and the owners aren't bothered by how much he would cost, I am not sure why you as a fan would be. Surely you pay your money and want to see the best possible players, best possible football and best possible performance?
Celina - minority view on 10:16 - Jul 5 with 932 viewsbluejacko

Celina - minority view on 13:32 - Jul 4 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

I would be fairly sure any player coming in will be told exactly what Cook will expect and want from them!
Celina - minority view on 10:33 - Jul 5 with 903 viewsitfcjoe

He'd be an incredible signing in this division - far too good for it and even without him previously being here his record speaks for itself.

It will be a very tough deal to do, but we can't worry too much about the financials of it all - if it can be made to work then absolutely fantastic.

There was this talk about building a squad for the Championship and not League 1, that is incredibly difficult to do but we seem to be giving it a good go!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina - minority view on 10:42 - Jul 5 with 859 viewsBiGDonnie

Celina - minority view on 09:31 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

As much as we might all like what Celina has, you’re asking Brett&Co to spend at least £2million + £15,000 a week on wages for someone who has never played in League One. That would be a huge, criminal mistake from the three lions. If they want a winger permanently, go get Sullay Kaikai after his release from Blackpool. 6 goals and 7 assists last season, 25 y/o, and would probably be on about 3k-4K in wage. Celina, only interest for me is a loan deal.

Mwad!

Glad you ain't the gaffer, son!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Celina - minority view on 10:53 - Jul 5 with 826 viewstractorboy1978

Celina - minority view on 09:31 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

As much as we might all like what Celina has, you’re asking Brett&Co to spend at least £2million + £15,000 a week on wages for someone who has never played in League One. That would be a huge, criminal mistake from the three lions. If they want a winger permanently, go get Sullay Kaikai after his release from Blackpool. 6 goals and 7 assists last season, 25 y/o, and would probably be on about 3k-4K in wage. Celina, only interest for me is a loan deal.

Absolute guesswork. And never played in L1? Probably because he is far too good for it.

Again, as above, not quite sure why you are bothered about the cost if the owners, CEO and manager are not!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 10:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024