Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather 11:23 - Jul 7 with 3980 viewshomer_123

So, just had a call from a friend who's kid is in a local N Essex primary school. Small school with 1 class per year group.

Year 1s sent home to isolate, in a class of 31 kids, 7 positive cases in the last 2 days.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 710 viewsRyorry

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 17:05 - Jul 7 by 26_Paz

If everyone needs a ‘Covid passport’ presumably that means a negative test or proof of vaccination. I can’t see how this event would not be safe.

In addition to what Newcy said, double vaccs only proving 64% effective against Delta variant (I think Stokie posted the stats up on here somewhere).

Not to mention even a double-vacc potentially giving people on immuno-suppressant meds (as I am) very little if any protection.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:25 - Jul 7 with 685 views26_Paz

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:06 - Jul 7 by Ryorry

In addition to what Newcy said, double vaccs only proving 64% effective against Delta variant (I think Stokie posted the stats up on here somewhere).

Not to mention even a double-vacc potentially giving people on immuno-suppressant meds (as I am) very little if any protection.

Ah, I see. Wasn’t aware of your specific circumstances. Makes sense now. Shame you will miss it, hope you get to go to one soon

The Paz Man

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:33 - Jul 7 with 676 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:58 - Jul 7 by clive_baker

I was meant to be going out with friends to watch the game tonight, but someone I came into contact with on Saturday has since tested positive, and is feeling unwell. I've done 2 tests and both have come back negative, and I feel fine, but given it's only been a few days I'm not going tonight now. Shame, but best to be on the safe side. Certainly feels like the increase in cases is getting a bit silly now.

Me as well. Spent the last 6 days isolating. Was gutting cancelling tonight and Saturday (especially having won 4-0) but it’s the right thing to do.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:56 - Jul 7 with 655 viewsdickie

Schools are really suffering at the moment. One high school I work at in the Tendring area has two whole year groups out. Seems to be high schools that are really struggling (where the bubbles have been much tougher to maintain).

I'm also currently self isolating as my three year old had to have a PCR test as he keeps getting high temperatures and fatigue
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 19:06 - Jul 7 with 641 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:33 - Jul 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Me as well. Spent the last 6 days isolating. Was gutting cancelling tonight and Saturday (especially having won 4-0) but it’s the right thing to do.

Come on Rommers, you're young, live a little!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 19:32 - Jul 7 with 627 viewsdickie

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:56 - Jul 7 by dickie

Schools are really suffering at the moment. One high school I work at in the Tendring area has two whole year groups out. Seems to be high schools that are really struggling (where the bubbles have been much tougher to maintain).

I'm also currently self isolating as my three year old had to have a PCR test as he keeps getting high temperatures and fatigue

And my kids are now having to isolate until Sunday as one of their close contacts at nursery has had a positive test. Can't wait for freedom day!
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 19:58 - Jul 7 with 608 viewscatch74

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 14:05 - Jul 7 by hype313

It's laughable really, "Exercise your best judgement" says Boris, to a country that elected him as PM.

Post of the decade.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 20:00 - Jul 7 with 607 viewscatch74

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 14:20 - Jul 7 by hype313

Going to the pub just doesn't sit well with me for a number of reasons, a mate went to The Golf last Saturday and said it took 45 minutes to get a drink due to the table service, and his view was obscured, he said he got offered a seat for tonight but turned it down to stay at home instead.

Last time I went to the pub for footy was in 1998 when Beckham got sent off and the Black Tiles looked like Damascus 25 minutes after the final whistle.

Not for me thanks.

We’re not showing it and we’re not going to stop table service until things improve. One person with it at the bar will close us down.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 20:50 - Jul 7 with 592 viewsRyorry

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:56 - Jul 7 by dickie

Was chatting on phone today with a guy whose daughter is now having to self-isolate along with 29 other kids cos one of em on school bus tested positive.

Hope your toddler's OK.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 20:58 - Jul 7 with 574 views26_Paz

Imagine if we win this and you get pinged tomorrow … isolated for a potential tournament win … if we win I might stay in from now until Sunday to make sure it doesn’t happen!

The Paz Man

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 00:34 - Jul 8 with 530 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 18:33 - Jul 7 by The_Romford_Blue

But I thought you were 20-30 age bracket? Why weren't you out at anti-mask protests and gathering in parks like a hoodlum?

Rommers out.
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 09:07 - Jul 8 with 477 viewsTractorWood

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:18 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

Of course it isn't a good plan. Almost all medical experts have said it is a woeful plan.

The Government have simply devolved responsibility to the little people now

Exactly. Teachers are trying valiantly to actually manage the virus whereas most others have given up. All the signs from he gov are that it's here to stay so get on with it. London yesterday was mental. Most people don't wear masks on the tube. It's literally just lip service until the rules disappear.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 21:59 - Jul 8 with 429 viewsJasper

Very good explanation of why we should still be careful with Covid infections...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024