Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen 23:28 - Jul 7 with 1834 viewsSouperJim

That'll give the press something negative to concentrate on.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:29 - Jul 7 with 1798 viewschrismakin

Christ that had to have a good reach..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:32 - Jul 7 with 1784 viewsSouperJim

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:29 - Jul 7 by chrismakin

Christ that had to have a good reach..

Didn't have any affect on the outcome, but I'm sure they'll ignore that (and the fact it was the actions of a single idiot) in favour of having another dig at our fans

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:33 - Jul 7 with 1761 viewschrismakin

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:32 - Jul 7 by SouperJim

Didn't have any affect on the outcome, but I'm sure they'll ignore that (and the fact it was the actions of a single idiot) in favour of having another dig at our fans

Seen some tweets about 2 balls on pitch before sterling was fouled. Anymore reasons why we shouldn't have won lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:48 - Jul 7 with 1652 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:33 - Jul 7 by chrismakin

Seen some tweets about 2 balls on pitch before sterling was fouled. Anymore reasons why we shouldn't have won lol

I believe its called the 'Rules of the Game'.
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:50 - Jul 7 with 1634 viewsbluefunk

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:48 - Jul 7 by Eireannach_gorm

I believe its called the 'Rules of the Game'.

The rules are if you score more than the opposition you win, is that what you mean?
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:57 - Jul 7 with 1591 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:50 - Jul 7 by bluefunk

The rules are if you score more than the opposition you win, is that what you mean?

No
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 00:04 - Jul 8 with 1558 viewsbluefunk

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:57 - Jul 7 by Eireannach_gorm

No

Well that’s the rule that appears to be taking precedence, so maybe take your sour grapes elsewhere eh?
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 07:42 - Jul 8 with 1285 viewsCrawfordsboot

First re. two balls on the pitch I’m not sure many people even realised until it was highlighted this morning in the Sun! It had no bearing on the outcome.

The laser is a different matter entirely. Thankfully it appeared to have no bearing on the outcome. Is it something that the press should use to have a go at English fans - no!

However is it something that diminishes us in the eyes of the world and for which I immediately felt ashamed and embarrassed that one of our fans would do this. The action stands in stark contrast to the example set by the Danes and their human decency in the way they responded to nearly losing one of their players. We should all be appalled at the action - Bantz it is not.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 7:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 07:49 - Jul 8 with 1231 viewsLord_Lucan

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 07:42 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

First re. two balls on the pitch I’m not sure many people even realised until it was highlighted this morning in the Sun! It had no bearing on the outcome.

The laser is a different matter entirely. Thankfully it appeared to have no bearing on the outcome. Is it something that the press should use to have a go at English fans - no!

However is it something that diminishes us in the eyes of the world and for which I immediately felt ashamed and embarrassed that one of our fans would do this. The action stands in stark contrast to the example set by the Danes and their human decency in the way they responded to nearly losing one of their players. We should all be appalled at the action - Bantz it is not.

I knew nothing about this until mentioned on here and it is / was a bell end thing to to by a bell end.

I think "diminishing us in the eyes of the world" is a bit over the top but at least it has given you the opportunity to feel "ashamed and embarrassed" about your country.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 8:00]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 08:05 - Jul 8 with 1146 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:57 - Jul 7 by Eireannach_gorm

No

Remind us to lay into you again the next time ROI fail to qualify.
Oh? We've never done that? Oh.

We even lost our sh*t with you after the Thierry Henry handball? Oh.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 08:15 - Jul 8 with 1100 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 07:42 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

You're right absolutely abhorrent. But.

Firstly. Schmeichel saved the pen. Something that seems to be getting missed out in favour of this story.

Secondly, "in stark contrast to the example set by the Danes and their human decency in the way they responded to nearly losing one of their players."

Perhaps you should look back at Denmark's Group game against Belgium when Courtois was getting pelted by plastic glasses from the Danish crowd in Copenhagen.

Football fans the world over, are generally not very good, its not exclusive.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 8:29]

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:20 - Jul 8 with 907 viewsCrawfordsboot

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 08:15 - Jul 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

You're right absolutely abhorrent. But.

Firstly. Schmeichel saved the pen. Something that seems to be getting missed out in favour of this story.

Secondly, "in stark contrast to the example set by the Danes and their human decency in the way they responded to nearly losing one of their players."

Perhaps you should look back at Denmark's Group game against Belgium when Courtois was getting pelted by plastic glasses from the Danish crowd in Copenhagen.

Football fans the world over, are generally not very good, its not exclusive.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 8:29]

As I said - the laser had no bearing on the outcome. Yes Schmeichel saved the pen. England were by far the better side.

I’m just very disappointed that some muppet supporter and his mates thought it a good idea to shine a laser at the visiting sides keeper with the match broadcast round the world from our national stadium.

From some comments it appears that a number of people just are not much bothered either way.
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:21 - Jul 8 with 897 viewsDevereuxxx

On ITV they were rightly saying whoever did it was an idiot, but then they said 'we hope that didn't change the outcome'

I mean he still saved the penalty, so can't have affected him that much.
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:22 - Jul 8 with 890 viewswkj

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:20 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

As I said - the laser had no bearing on the outcome. Yes Schmeichel saved the pen. England were by far the better side.

I’m just very disappointed that some muppet supporter and his mates thought it a good idea to shine a laser at the visiting sides keeper with the match broadcast round the world from our national stadium.

From some comments it appears that a number of people just are not much bothered either way.

Some of our fans do some strange things at games. It makes me appreciate Ipswich Town much more - yes we have numbskulls - but nowhere near the level of stupidity we see around some other clubs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:28 - Jul 8 with 870 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 09:20 - Jul 8 by Crawfordsboot

What do you want people to do? Demand a lynching? Have English clubs banned from Europe?
Yes it was a stupid and idiotic thing, take a walk down your high street or go for a drive late at night, (I've had lasers shone at me when driving), talk to pilots coming in and out of Heathrow after dark.

It happens all the time, I'm at a loss for the reaction you are expecting. It was one kid in a crowd of 70,000, what was probably challenged by the people around him, and he probably responded with "Shut up Boomer, its bantz, innit?" or some such thing in the young persons vernacular.

There plenty on here the exact same as him, (or her).
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 9:58]

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 10:13 - Jul 8 with 785 viewsWD19

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 23:33 - Jul 7 by chrismakin

It didn't impact the result, but I must say I noticed the way the ball boys slowed the play down after we got in front.....and then started chucking 2 balls on the pitch.....and thought it was pretty unedifying.
Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 10:20 - Jul 8 with 767 viewsKropotkin123

Lazer aimed at Schmeichel for the pen on 08:05 - Jul 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Remind us to lay into you again the next time ROI fail to qualify.
Oh? We've never done that? Oh.

We even lost our sh*t with you after the Thierry Henry handball? Oh.

Wait, he's not a Denmark national???? How embarrassing to be so bitter.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024