Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? 10:47 - Jul 9 with 3096 viewstextbackup

wondered on peoples plans for the big event.

kids school have told everyone that register will run to 10am so kids can get a bit more kip if they stay up and watch, which I thought was a great touch.

all gone into school in football kits today, or red and white clothing, little outbreaks of 8/9/10 year olds singing footballs coming home, grabs the heart things like that for me, a proper togetherness

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:12 - Jul 9 with 852 viewsSwansea_Blue

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 10:58 - Jul 9 by Deano69

Was going to, now have a Self Isolating daughter, so no.....

I'm sure you can still do something special. The last year has been excellent practice for finding creative ways of enjoying ourselves at home. Get the food out of the fridge and beers in. Maybe a BBQ before, splash out of some top nosh using the money you've saved from not going out, etc.

I'll be watching at home, effectively on my own too as my Welshies family are all supporting Italy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:15 - Jul 9 with 848 viewstextbackup

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:00 - Jul 9 by PrideOfTheEast

How did you get back the other night, or did you stay over?

Must have been a problem for anybody trying to catch a train.

we managed to get the 0046 to colchester with about 20mins to spare!

the plan was to get a tube to newbury park and taxi, but opted to gamble on the 0046 in the end.

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:52 - Jul 9 with 795 viewsOsborneOneNil

My mate is closing his seafront restaurant and having a 'private function' there. So basically all the boys, plus families. £10 buffet and the bar is there, should be a cracker!!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:56 - Jul 9 with 784 viewstextbackup

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:52 - Jul 9 by OsborneOneNil

My mate is closing his seafront restaurant and having a 'private function' there. So basically all the boys, plus families. £10 buffet and the bar is there, should be a cracker!!

brilliant!!

saw a video on twitter from a London balcony when kane scores, the cheers all round the city can be heard!!

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:08 - Jul 9 with 751 viewsPrideOfTheEast

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:15 - Jul 9 by textbackup

we managed to get the 0046 to colchester with about 20mins to spare!

the plan was to get a tube to newbury park and taxi, but opted to gamble on the 0046 in the end.

Nice one. Getting out was ridiculous wasn’t it - but we’ll worth the queues!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:12 - Jul 9 with 749 viewstextbackup

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:08 - Jul 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Nice one. Getting out was ridiculous wasn’t it - but we’ll worth the queues!

was utter madness, providing the business is done sunday i cant see anyone leaving wembley for hours! so might help with the queuing

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:40 - Jul 9 with 711 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm down to my last hope for a ticket. Really should have bought one weeks ago and gambled that we'd make it. School boy. If not I've got a table for 4 at the boozer 5 doors down from mine.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 687 viewsX0Y0

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:12 - Jul 9 by textbackup

was utter madness, providing the business is done sunday i cant see anyone leaving wembley for hours! so might help with the queuing

Wednesday was mayhem outside the stadium - before and after the game.

Good luck for anyone getting tickets. There were some Cat 3’s earlier still apparently for those with codes.
Login to get fewer ads

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 13:58 - Jul 9 with 684 viewsgiant_stow

Our school's just sent a round robin saying 'come in at 10.30 on monday - we'll use this as a learning experience'. From what I see on Facebook, I think it's a wave sweeping loads of schools and good on them for that. I hope normally strict parents let their nippers off on this one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 14:00 - Jul 9 with 672 viewsX0Y0

Why is kick off so late?

Given it’s a European competition I would have assumed afternoon or early evening was best. Could finish at close to midnight for most of Europe.
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 14:02 - Jul 9 with 669 viewsX0Y0

-duplicated message above by mistake-
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 15:08]
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 14:04 - Jul 9 with 669 viewsReuser_is_God

No idea what I'm doing yet.

Might just watch it with my old man, it's his fault that I've had no football success to celebrate for about 20 years!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 14:06 - Jul 9 with 663 viewsbluelagos

Hosting a few for a bbq in the pm with a strict 6pm curfew. Then off to the local footie club to watch in the clubhouse :-)

Kept monday free of any plans.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 15:48 - Jul 9 with 584 viewsfarkenhell

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:12 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

I'm sure you can still do something special. The last year has been excellent practice for finding creative ways of enjoying ourselves at home. Get the food out of the fridge and beers in. Maybe a BBQ before, splash out of some top nosh using the money you've saved from not going out, etc.

I'll be watching at home, effectively on my own too as my Welshies family are all supporting Italy.

Please tell your Welshies family to get rid of the inferiority complex just for once, or go and f"ck themselves.

No offence like!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 15:52 - Jul 9 with 577 viewsfarkenhell

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 14:04 - Jul 9 by Reuser_is_God

No idea what I'm doing yet.

Might just watch it with my old man, it's his fault that I've had no football success to celebrate for about 20 years!

I'm thinking of doing the same with my old man, surprising him just before kick off time (he lives a couple of hours away). Problem is, he is even more of a miserable moaning fecker than me, so the game will be a nightmare for my poor old mum!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 16:02 - Jul 9 with 561 viewsacj

I’m working until 20 minutes before kick off, then I’ve got 3 hours booked off to watch the game at home and back to work for a couple of hours (I teach English online). Whichever way the game goes, I’m hoping I don’t have any Italian students in those last couple of classes.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 16:10 - Jul 9 with 544 viewsstrikalite

Watched it from the start round a mates house with his ridiculous(though I'm used to it now!) 86"TV.....be mad to change that lucky routine now we think, though half of me wants to be in a pub no doubt, especially if we win....

I wondered if you'd managed to get tickets for the final, pleased to read that you have..
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 16:26 - Jul 9 with 522 viewsOsborneOneNil

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:56 - Jul 9 by textbackup

brilliant!!

saw a video on twitter from a London balcony when kane scores, the cheers all round the city can be heard!!

Yeah should be decent, but well jel of you actually being there!!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 16:38 - Jul 9 with 512 viewsVaughan8

"kids school have told everyone that register will run to 10am so kids can get a bit more kip if they stay up and watch, which I thought was a great touch."

Are these the same schools who were saying how important it was to get the kids back into the classrooms.... haha

an extra hour or so isn't really going to help. Don't kids (smaller ones anyway) get up the same time regardsless of when they go to bed? They're gonna be grumpy things whatever time register is!
anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 17:53 - Jul 9 with 470 viewshoppy

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 16:38 - Jul 9 by Vaughan8

"kids school have told everyone that register will run to 10am so kids can get a bit more kip if they stay up and watch, which I thought was a great touch."

Are these the same schools who were saying how important it was to get the kids back into the classrooms.... haha

an extra hour or so isn't really going to help. Don't kids (smaller ones anyway) get up the same time regardsless of when they go to bed? They're gonna be grumpy things whatever time register is!

Isn't it more a case of there bing a skeleton staff from 8.30 and the teachers will roll in about 10.30 once they've had a hair of the dog and a greasy fry up to get them through the day?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 21:19 - Jul 9 with 415 viewsITFC_Forever

Busy weekend for me….

Eldest daughter’s 16th birthday tomorrow, so family bbq for that, then she’s got 10 of her mates coming round Sunday afternoon.

Clear up after them, then watch the game as a family.

Youngest’s school have also extended registration to 10am as they saw how tired everyone was after the Semi.

Work as normal on Monday… I work for an Italian company and speak to them all day every day…. We’ll see who the ones are that are smiling in those conversations!

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 21:20 - Jul 9 with 412 viewshype313

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 21:19 - Jul 9 by ITFC_Forever

Busy weekend for me….

Eldest daughter’s 16th birthday tomorrow, so family bbq for that, then she’s got 10 of her mates coming round Sunday afternoon.

Clear up after them, then watch the game as a family.

Youngest’s school have also extended registration to 10am as they saw how tired everyone was after the Semi.

Work as normal on Monday… I work for an Italian company and speak to them all day every day…. We’ll see who the ones are that are smiling in those conversations!

Sign of your age when you get tired after a semi.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 22:06 - Jul 9 with 385 viewsDeano69

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 11:16 - Jul 9 by hoppy

Oh no. How long has she got left to isolate?

Until next Tuesday.

She has missed her club training, 2 sessions of training at ITFC, a tournament saturday and of course we can’t have anyone round Sunday!!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 22:30]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 22:10 - Jul 9 with 380 viewsDeano69

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 12:12 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

We’ll have a crack at it. Seems somewhat par for the course for the past year and a half. !

Only one thing matters now, the winning result!!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

anyone doing a "final party" or bbq sunday? on 22:46 - Jul 9 with 358 viewsChurchman

For me, it’ll be the local pub in the afternoon with chums, then home for 6pm. The misses is pretty immobile (no pun intended) with an ankle problem so the tea will go in and we’ll watch at home.

The aim is after an afternoon with the odd beer is to not burn the house down and be awake and ready for Italia!

Wish I had a ticket, but I hope those that do have the best of times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024