Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 more new signings soon 22:30 - Jul 13 with 7020 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Paul Cook told the talking town lot after the bury game.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 23:26]

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

2 new signings on 22:38 - Jul 13 with 5804 viewsOsborneOneNil

When?
2 new signings on 22:42 - Jul 13 with 5748 viewsMerseyBlue

They went up last week didn't they?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

2 new signings on 22:45 - Jul 13 with 5702 viewspointofblue

2 new signings on 22:38 - Jul 13 by OsborneOneNil

When?

It’s in the TWTD article:

“Going into the season, we should be looking at the season with great optimism. We’ve signed good players, we’ve still got good players at the club. Going forward, we’re going to sign one or two more and let’s see where it takes us.”

I’m concerned as we need more than that.

Cook: Signing a Quality Player of Pigott's Calibre Another Statement 13th Jul 2021 17:27
Town boss Paul Cook says signing a player of Joe Pigott’s quality is another statement of where the Blues are and what’s trying to be done this summer. 12

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2 new signings on 23:06 - Jul 13 with 5406 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2 new signings on 22:45 - Jul 13 by pointofblue

“Going into the season, we should be looking at the season with great optimism. We’ve signed good players, we’ve still got good players at the club. Going forward, we’re going to sign one or two more and let’s see where it takes us.”

Cook: Signing a Quality Player of Pigott's Calibre Another Statement 13th Jul 2021 17:27
Town boss Paul Cook says signing a player of Joe Pigott’s quality is another statement of where the Blues are and what’s trying to be done this summer. 12

Ashton said 5 I think.

Don't read too much into what management say about signings. They'll be keeping their cards close to their chests.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2 new signings on 23:11 - Jul 13 with 5375 viewsDinnernotTea

If we have a good season incl cup runs then you're looking at around 60 games. I still think we need 2 x CBs, LB, LW, CAM.

5 more please Mr. Ashton.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

2 new signings on 23:16 - Jul 13 with 5291 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

2 new signings on 23:11 - Jul 13 by DinnernotTea

If we have a good season incl cup runs then you're looking at around 60 games. I still think we need 2 x CBs, LB, LW, CAM.

5 more please Mr. Ashton.

That's what he's said he's after.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

2 new signings on 23:18 - Jul 13 with 5282 viewsDBlues

2 new signings on 23:06 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ashton said 5 I think.

Don't read too much into what management say about signings. They'll be keeping their cards close to their chests.

That's the reason McCarthy would never give a number as to how many. All it does is give ammunition to be used against them. Not that it will be this season.

If Ashton said 5 and we sign 3 that is the way it is. We can't do much about if players go to other clubs, decide not to join for whatever reason or Ashton & Cook decide there isn't anyone available good enough to be signed.
2 more new signings soon on 00:30 - Jul 14 with 4896 viewsOwainG1992

Colin is such a legend of a man.
I really enjoyed the show.
They get a lot of hate for some reason but I'm a fan.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

2 new signings on 03:18 - Jul 14 with 4618 viewswkj

2 new signings on 22:42 - Jul 13 by MerseyBlue

They went up last week didn't they?

Be very careful engaging with that Twitter account and sharing it on here - will reply in PM if you so desire.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

2 new signings on 06:13 - Jul 14 with 4361 viewsBryanPlug

2 new signings on 23:18 - Jul 13 by DBlues

That's the reason McCarthy would never give a number as to how many. All it does is give ammunition to be used against them. Not that it will be this season.

If Ashton said 5 and we sign 3 that is the way it is. We can't do much about if players go to other clubs, decide not to join for whatever reason or Ashton & Cook decide there isn't anyone available good enough to be signed.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

2 more new signings soon on 06:22 - Jul 14 with 4335 viewsBryanPlug

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

2 more new signings soon on 07:52 - Jul 14 with 3813 viewsxrayspecs

Very unlikely since Ashton said at least 5 (before Piggott) and most fans think we are light at LB (we are known to be after Coulsen), CB (Gibson), WM (Jacobs, Celina) and no 10 (Crooks).

We may not land all our targets, there will be others in sight if these do not come in.

The comment could have been in relation to the start of the season, rather than the close of the transfer window. It could have been a generalisation rather that taken literally.
2 more new signings soon on 08:13 - Jul 14 with 3648 viewsPositivelyPortman

2 more new signings soon on 06:22 - Jul 14 by BryanPlug

How do you ascertain that it’s drivel if you can’t bring yourself to listen?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

2 more new signings soon on 08:21 - Jul 14 with 3531 viewsportmanking

2 more new signings soon on 08:13 - Jul 14 by PositivelyPortman

How do you ascertain that it’s drivel if you can’t bring yourself to listen?

Morning, Martin.
2 more new signings soon on 08:25 - Jul 14 with 3474 viewsVic

If we start the season with Gibson and Crooks as the only addition I’d be quite happy. Would be nice to sign a couple more, but with these two through the door we’ll have (on paper) and very strong team.

In relation to another thread, it would be a team that as a minimum should get into the PO’s and has potential to get into the automatic places if it clicks quickly. I’m sure Cook will be a goner if we don’t get in, or don’t look like getting into the POs.

Think we should keep in mind that the owners have said a number of times that it’s a project and at no point have said that it’s essential this season. My understanding from what they’ve said is that they’ve given us 2 seasons to get into the championship.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

2 more new signings soon on 08:26 - Jul 14 with 3463 viewsipswichtillidie

2 more new signings soon on 07:52 - Jul 14 by xrayspecs

Very unlikely since Ashton said at least 5 (before Piggott) and most fans think we are light at LB (we are known to be after Coulsen), CB (Gibson), WM (Jacobs, Celina) and no 10 (Crooks).

We may not land all our targets, there will be others in sight if these do not come in.

The comment could have been in relation to the start of the season, rather than the close of the transfer window. It could have been a generalisation rather that taken literally.

They have had a private chat with our manager and two are close to being done in the next few days. That’s how I read it!!

Gav

2 more new signings soon on 08:39 - Jul 14 with 3349 viewsKieran_Knows

Given how cautious both Ashton and Cook have been when talking about transfers this summer, I very much doubt he would’ve then just told a random bunch of people that were signing 2 players.

Still, if it happens, you know they’ll try to claim to be best mates with Cook.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2 more new signings soon on 08:43 - Jul 14 with 3302 viewssaffers12

2 more new signings soon on 08:39 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

Given how cautious both Ashton and Cook have been when talking about transfers this summer, I very much doubt he would’ve then just told a random bunch of people that were signing 2 players.

Fair point I do think including myself more people have stopped with transfer news and taken on board with Ashton said , leave it to the professionals
2 new signings on 08:53 - Jul 14 with 3205 viewsGuthrum

Leaves open the possibility of signig further players after the season has opened. Further options (including loans of Prem youngsters) are likely to be come available towards the end of the window, in the last days of August, as higher clubs name and adjust their squads.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2 more new signings soon on 09:03 - Jul 14 with 3117 viewswkj

All I hear is someone making a guess on a painfully predictable message from Cook in the newspapers. He and Ashton said there are more signings - so why not throw in a little conjecture to claim easy points when those signings do come in.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

2 more new signings soon on 09:11 - Jul 14 with 3048 viewsKieran_Knows

2 more new signings soon on 09:03 - Jul 14 by wkj

All I hear is someone making a guess on a painfully predictable message from Cook in the newspapers. He and Ashton said there are more signings - so why not throw in a little conjecture to claim easy points when those signings do come in.

Idiots the lot of them, they really are.

2 more new signings soon on 09:30 - Jul 14 with 2899 viewsrayman_10

2 more new signings soon on 08:39 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

Then have a pop at the local media as they were the ones to tell the fans first.

COYB

2 more new signings soon on 09:42 - Jul 14 with 2782 viewsportmanking

What really grates with this lot is the faux feud they've created between themselves and the EADT. They constantly describe themselves as 'professionals' which is utter lunacy. I saw Cruncher recently tweet that EADT's interview with Ashton was good but 'that's what they are paid to do'. I mean, WTAF?

They talk about their 'scoop' interviews as if no journalist has ever thought to interview a former player before. I'm 99.9% certain that Watson or Warren would have a contact book as long as their arm if they really wanted to call up an ex player for a chat. I mean it really is cheap shot stuff.
2 more new signings soon on 09:43 - Jul 14 with 2765 viewsKieran_Knows

2 more new signings soon on 09:30 - Jul 14 by rayman_10

Then have a pop at the local media as they were the ones to tell the fans first.

Funnily enough, it’s their jobs.

For the Talking Town lot it’s nothing but an ego trip.

2 more new signings soon on 09:58 - Jul 14 with 2644 viewsSixtoP

2 more new signings soon on 09:43 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

Funnily enough, it’s their jobs.

For the Talking Town lot it’s nothing but an ego trip.

"content by the fans for the fan" - 80%+ of the fans can't stand them.. read the room chaps!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024