Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freedom Day then..... 08:18 - Jul 19 with 2741 viewsitfcjoe

.....doesn't feel very free as yet with so many people self isolating etc!

What are people doing with masks?

Personally I'll still wear one when it is a place where you have to have it on the whole time like in a shop or on public transport......but pubs, restaurants, the gym, etc where you have to wear it to walk in, take off when sit down, put on to go to toilet, take back off etc - not for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Freedom Day then..... on 10:14 - Jul 19 with 767 viewsitfcjoe

Freedom Day then..... on 08:32 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Can I ask why you wouldn't just continue with the same rules given to me it doesn't seem like much effort?

If anything moving around in a pub has become a more likely vector of transmission given there are going to be more people and they are going to be standing around as well.

For the record, for me, nothing has changed today.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 8:33]

I guess just personal choice, but in reality I won't be frequenting anywhere that is particularly busy as don't tend to these days anyway now - plus generally sit outside where I can.

I just fail to believe wearing a mask to walk to the toilet and back makes any difference, although would always have my mask with me and if I am having to queue up for a few minutes i probably would stick it on - but generally where I go it is walk there and back.

The gym especially is silly because am often there with kids and you have to stick it on every time you stand up to grab them or help them out.

Freedom Day then..... on 10:16 - Jul 19 with 755 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 10:14 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

I guess just personal choice, but in reality I won't be frequenting anywhere that is particularly busy as don't tend to these days anyway now - plus generally sit outside where I can.

I just fail to believe wearing a mask to walk to the toilet and back makes any difference, although would always have my mask with me and if I am having to queue up for a few minutes i probably would stick it on - but generally where I go it is walk there and back.

The gym especially is silly because am often there with kids and you have to stick it on every time you stand up to grab them or help them out.

Fair enough, although of those scenarios I would think a toilet without distancing is probably one of the most likely vectors of transmission.

As you highlight, I think many will continue with the majority of the previous rules.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Freedom Day then..... on 10:29 - Jul 19 with 732 viewsRegencyBlue

Ironically just starting ten days self-isolation as my son tested positive for it yesterday.

Kind of 'less' Freedom Day for us!
Freedom Day then..... on 10:32 - Jul 19 with 724 viewsitfcjoe

Freedom Day then..... on 10:16 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, although of those scenarios I would think a toilet without distancing is probably one of the most likely vectors of transmission.

As you highlight, I think many will continue with the majority of the previous rules.

SB

Most interesting change for me will be when football is back, whether any changes will have been made to try and help with social distancing - i.e. open areas in stands so fans can mingle outside rather than on concourses etc at grounds. Guess depending one ch individual ground.

That is probably the only time I'm going to go somewhere that is 'busy' so to speak

Freedom Day then..... on 10:35 - Jul 19 with 712 viewsParmigiano

I took a train to Newmarket on Friday evening and came back yesterday. On both journeys there were substantially more people not wearing masks than wearing them.

Yesterday there were about 20 people on my carriage and only 5 or 6 of us were wearing a mask. Initially the ticket officer was politely reminding people that the new rules don't start until tomorrow but he soon gave up as no one cared. There were also constant passive-aggressive glances from mask wearer to non-mask wearer and back again.

I think it's very clear where this is all going. Wearing or not wearing a mask will become a status symbol and add to the already polarised society we've developed in the last five years.
Freedom Day then..... on 10:35 - Jul 19 with 709 viewsunstableblue

Seems to be going ping tastic amongst our friends

Loads of people self isolating

Schools effectively closing a week early

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Freedom Day then..... on 10:37 - Jul 19 with 697 viewsTractorCam

Freedom Day then..... on 10:02 - Jul 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

“ Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties. ”

Have you seen that there is an unseasonable rise in Norovirus?

You are right, one of my colleagues has got that. I hadn't even heard of it until this morning!

You'd like to think people shouldn't be told to wash their hands but bafflingly some don't seem to do so, even during these times.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Freedom Day then..... on 10:50 - Jul 19 with 672 viewsOldsmoker

Freedom Day then..... on 10:09 - Jul 19 by nodge_blue

Same for me. I feel ok socially distancing and wearing a mask.

When you see the clip on the BBC of the youngsters going clubbing I initially thought oh no this is bad.....but when you hear them saying they feel like they've given up a year of their youth, its hard not to have some sympathy.

I don't know what the answer is. Cases are about to go sky high. I guess we have to hope the vaccine holds enough to stop a huge surge in hospitalisations.

Uncanny. Your last paragraph is almost exactly the governments standpoint.

They don't know what the answer is.
Cases are noticeably up.
Hoping that the vaccine stops hospitalisations.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 10:51]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Freedom Day then..... on 11:07 - Jul 19 with 630 viewsDebsyAngel

Freedom Day then..... on 09:59 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

All good precautions.

Worth nothing that whilst sanitising your hands is excellent for just general cleaning of germs, C19 isn't actually that transmissible through touch. It was what they originally thought but subsequent studies have shown it's a tiny vector, perhaps a 1 in 10000 chance of transmission and thus wearing masks and distancing to protect from droplet transmission is far more important:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-tran

"Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

Everyone should still keep washing their hands regularly though, it's very effective way to prevent the spread of numerous nasties.

SB

Does this mean that I can stop cleaning shopping and post then? I have read so many contradictory things about this, and asked friends on facebook and they are all mixed about it too. I do gel my hands regularly, especially after touching money. Think I may still clean money, but really am sick of cleaning EVERY single thing that comes into our house.
Freedom Day then..... on 11:14 - Jul 19 with 619 viewsElderGrizzly

Freedom Day then..... on 08:46 - Jul 19 by DanTheMan

Wearing a mask where I was before. For me nothing has magically changed from yesterday.

This is the point. The Government have picked a date not followed the data.

The more who ‘ditch masks’ and social distancing in the current climate, the quicker the return to restrictions in the autumn and the stricter they’ll be
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 11:14]
Freedom Day then..... on 11:16 - Jul 19 with 607 viewsStokieBlue

Freedom Day then..... on 11:07 - Jul 19 by DebsyAngel

Does this mean that I can stop cleaning shopping and post then? I have read so many contradictory things about this, and asked friends on facebook and they are all mixed about it too. I do gel my hands regularly, especially after touching money. Think I may still clean money, but really am sick of cleaning EVERY single thing that comes into our house.

You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable and safe.

The odds of contracting C19 from your post are incredibly small though from the science I have read on the matter.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Freedom Day then..... on 11:18 - Jul 19 with 593 viewsmarchy

Freedom Day then..... on 08:46 - Jul 19 by DanTheMan

Wearing a mask where I was before. For me nothing has magically changed from yesterday.

Yup, same. In an area that was mercifully fairly low in terms of infection rates throughout the first couple of waves, it's been noticeably closing in over the past couple of weeks and feels less "safe" than it did - and, frankly, it's pretty clear from now that if the government says it's safe to do or not to do something then the polar opposite is true.
Freedom Day then..... on 11:21 - Jul 19 with 583 viewsDebsyAngel

Freedom Day then..... on 11:16 - Jul 19 by StokieBlue

You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable and safe.

The odds of contracting C19 from your post are incredibly small though from the science I have read on the matter.

SB

How about being handed birthday presents/cards from family members? I know this sounds incredibly petty but I don't want to sit there frantically gelling my hands in front of them!
Freedom Day then..... on 11:35 - Jul 19 with 556 viewsElderGrizzly

Freedom Day then..... on 10:35 - Jul 19 by Parmigiano

I took a train to Newmarket on Friday evening and came back yesterday. On both journeys there were substantially more people not wearing masks than wearing them.

Yesterday there were about 20 people on my carriage and only 5 or 6 of us were wearing a mask. Initially the ticket officer was politely reminding people that the new rules don't start until tomorrow but he soon gave up as no one cared. There were also constant passive-aggressive glances from mask wearer to non-mask wearer and back again.

I think it's very clear where this is all going. Wearing or not wearing a mask will become a status symbol and add to the already polarised society we've developed in the last five years.

Wearing a mask on trains is still mandatory from today. Nothing has changed in that respect
Freedom Day then..... on 12:53 - Jul 19 with 499 viewsnodge_blue

Just been to Sainsburys and Id say 90% were wearing masks....which is encouraging.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Freedom Day then..... on 13:15 - Jul 19 with 468 viewsitfcjoe

Freedom Day then..... on 12:53 - Jul 19 by nodge_blue

Just been to Sainsburys and Id say 90% were wearing masks....which is encouraging.

2 builders merchants, both still had signs up and everyone was wearing - same at Tesco Express

Freedom Day then..... on 13:18 - Jul 19 with 455 viewshype313

Freedom Day then..... on 11:35 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

Wearing a mask on trains is still mandatory from today. Nothing has changed in that respect

Is it? Thought it was just TFL and other Metro's in the big cities?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Freedom Day then..... on 14:05 - Jul 19 with 419 viewsWeWereZombies

Freedom Day then..... on 13:18 - Jul 19 by hype313

Is it? Thought it was just TFL and other Metro's in the big cities?

Mandatory on Greater Anglia and LNER trains, legal requirement in Scotland still:

https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/#:~:text=Face%20coverings%20must%20be%

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Went to local Tesco's today.... on 16:49 - Jul 19 with 360 viewsunstableblue

... and everyone without exception was wearing a mask! and the staff were rather pleased with it

Maybe there is sense in the community.... bum flare man not the norm

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024