Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 10:04 - Jul 25 with 3475 viewsStrimmer

QPR fans seems pleased with their first look at him. Going off a quick Twitter search at least. He’s going to do it in the championship isn’t he, I can just feel it. The mis-management of him by town really boils the p!ss if I’m honest.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Dozzell on 10:07 - Jul 25 with 3415 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe hold your judgement for 6 months or so.

I like Dozzell, but we all know he was able to produce good moments.

What he needs to show is that he can do it consistently over a season.

It's a bit early to be flouncing.

I wish him well, it was time to move on for both parties.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dozzell on 10:11 - Jul 25 with 3366 viewsStrimmer

Agree; this is indeed both premature and a flounce. Nonetheless, the ability to results ratio at town for someone now likely starting for a reasonable champ team has got to go down as a loss. Something else to consign to a bad memory of the old regime I hope

Dozzell on 10:13 - Jul 25 with 3340 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dozzell on 10:11 - Jul 25 by Strimmer

Agree; this is indeed both premature and a flounce. Nonetheless, the ability to results ratio at town for someone now likely starting for a reasonable champ team has got to go down as a loss. Something else to consign to a bad memory of the old regime I hope

We have to remember none of the players are blameless.

They are part of the old regime.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dozzell on 10:19 - Jul 25 with 3274 viewsParisBlue

QPR and Warburton seems a good fit for him.

If he can get physically stronger he'll become more of a presence and be able to avoid those stupid rugby tackles.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dozzell on 10:22 - Jul 25 with 3252 viewsjayessess

Dozzell was overrated at the beginning of his Town career, then underrated at the end of it. He'll do well in the Championship and would've done more here in a less dysfunctional team.

But, ultimately, QPR triggered a release clause in his contract, without which he likely wouldn't have signed a new one, so there's not much to regret here, beyond the general regret at our current low ebb.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell on 10:43 - Jul 25 with 3074 viewschrismakin

Tbh. We have Harper. No interest in dozzell now. He had his time.

Problem is now who becomes my favourite player as I know its gonna be between Evans. Harper and Burns.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dozzell on 10:54 - Jul 25 with 3020 viewsPendejo

Met a QPR fan a few weeks ago who asked about Dozzell, I referred to his potential and his season list thru injury then told him Warburton was probably the man to get the most out of him.

Hope he has a great season.

Said QPR fan also told me that as a kid he and his family were on a plane with an Ipswich team, one of the players have him his shirt so he'd had a soft spot for us since. The player... Bryan Hamilton.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Dozzell on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 2956 viewsSitfcB

He needed a fresh start, we needed a clear out.

Get over it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 2911 viewsMattinLondon

Playing with better players will help his game. But he’ll also be playing against much better players in competitive matches so best to wait until Christmas to gain a better assessment of him.
Dozzell on 11:41 - Jul 25 with 2757 viewsstrikalite

Dozzell on 11:09 - Jul 25 by MattinLondon

Playing with better players will help his game. But he’ll also be playing against much better players in competitive matches so best to wait until Christmas to gain a better assessment of him.

We know he has the ability on the ball, great touch etc, and on a lovely surface in good weather in a non-competitive game I can imagine he's in his element....

I honestly think if he can remain injury free he will become a damn good player at say 26/27 where he'll be stronger physically, he doesn't have great pace so he doesn't rely on that and by then he'll have learnt the ugly side of the game which at the moment he struggles with..
Dozzell on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 2731 viewsStrimmer

Never said I was sad we sold him just that his potential was never developed properly. Shocked and saddened to have my point misrepresented on the twtd forum, of all places

Dozzell on 11:47 - Jul 25 with 2712 viewschrismakin

Dozzell on 11:45 - Jul 25 by Strimmer

Never said I was sad we sold him just that his potential was never developed properly. Shocked and saddened to have my point misrepresented on the twtd forum, of all places

What is the mismanagement you speak of then.. did he not play enough first team games?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Dozzell on 11:56 - Jul 25 with 2657 viewsStrimmer

Dozzell on 11:47 - Jul 25 by chrismakin

What is the mismanagement you speak of then.. did he not play enough first team games?

There was the period of him being dropped in the team seemingly at random, never being given a decent run then bombed out again for weeks on end when he didn’t deliver, followed by being worked to death for an entire season as the holding midfielder with limited support in an attritional, physical league. If that sounds like a good way to bring through a skilful ball playing midfielder to you I don’t know what to say.

Dozzell on 12:08 - Jul 25 with 2593 viewschrismakin

Dozzell on 11:56 - Jul 25 by Strimmer

There was the period of him being dropped in the team seemingly at random, never being given a decent run then bombed out again for weeks on end when he didn’t deliver, followed by being worked to death for an entire season as the holding midfielder with limited support in an attritional, physical league. If that sounds like a good way to bring through a skilful ball playing midfielder to you I don’t know what to say.

Well hes just signed for a champ club for a mill so weve done alright by him.

Dozzell on 12:11 - Jul 25 with 2575 viewsxrayspecs

He had a good preseason game against West Ham a few years ago. Let's see how he gets on over the course of the season.

For all his elegance, he created little, did not score and was defensively poor. He may do better in a better team. He is still very raw and has a lot to improve on.

He was given plenty of chances under four different managers. Would be strange for all four of them to mis-manage him.
Dozzell on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 2247 viewsjayessess

Dozzell on 12:11 - Jul 25 by xrayspecs

He had a good preseason game against West Ham a few years ago. Let's see how he gets on over the course of the season.

For all his elegance, he created little, did not score and was defensively poor. He may do better in a better team. He is still very raw and has a lot to improve on.

He was given plenty of chances under four different managers. Would be strange for all four of them to mis-manage him.

Would it be that strange? Two of them are in the running for worst manager in Ipswich Town history, the other two barely had a chance to pick him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell on 13:40 - Jul 25 with 2224 viewsRedX

They should wait to judge him on that..

Cold
Tuesday
Night
Stoke

Hope he does well though. Clearly a talented guy, and maybe Warburton is the man to get the best out of him.
Dozzell on 13:46 - Jul 25 with 2177 viewsChurchman

He came into the team with obvious ability and his father’s name. He’s had a horrendous injury and played for a shambles of a club. In League One, I thought despite playing for a garbage club, he’d be way to good for it and rip it up. He wasn’t and didn’t. Was his attitude and work rate good enough? I don’t know.

At 22 is there much more to come from AD? Time will tell. I’d loved to have seen him play for this club next season in a settled team for a club that at last is starting to move forward, but it isn’t to be. We got some money and he’s got a fresh start.

I wish him well.
Dozzell on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 2126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dozzell on 10:22 - Jul 25 by jayessess

Dozzell was overrated at the beginning of his Town career, then underrated at the end of it. He'll do well in the Championship and would've done more here in a less dysfunctional team.

But, ultimately, QPR triggered a release clause in his contract, without which he likely wouldn't have signed a new one, so there's not much to regret here, beyond the general regret at our current low ebb.

I reckon that’s the most accurate and succinct summary I’ve seen. I wish him well, shame it didn’t quite work out for him here. As you say, he deserved more credit than he was getting at the end. He’s got a good chance of establishing himself at QPR.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dozzell on 14:30 - Jul 25 with 2023 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I'd have loved to see the club hang onto him. But he doesnt have the right attributes for a league one battle. He can't tackle, lacks physical presence, has no pace and doesn't score goals. Harper who you'd agree replaces him has most of those attributes. League one is physical battle before its a football battle so you have to be able to do both. If we'd have gone up last year we might well have kept him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024