Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things going well at Reading then 16:21 - Jul 26 with 5536 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Things going well at Reading then on 17:55 - Jul 26 with 1059 viewsjayessess

Not sure why so many taking pleasure in this, really. Just another sign that the EFL 's ownership regulations are worthless and that football supporters never ask questions until it's too late and will cheer as some charlatan drives their 150-year-old club to the brink.

Should be sobering if anything.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Things going well at Reading then on 19:23 - Jul 26 with 968 viewsBlueBadger

Things going well at Reading then on 16:55 - Jul 26 by ArnieM

Steady on …… it takes some doing to grab that unequivocal title off the budgies .

I'm not wrong though am I - Reading have achieved even less, yet expect to be respected even more than the Budgies do.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things going well at Reading then on 19:53 - Jul 26 with 919 viewsOsborneOneNil

Things going well at Reading then on 16:54 - Jul 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not that it matters but think you’ve got your Swindon away fixtures muddled there. We won 6-0 in 98/99 (and it really should have been more, Johnno missed a couple of sitters that day) and then 4-1 the following season which was our promotion year

But yes, I have a positive opinion of the place for the same reason. See also Doncaster
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 16:55]

Yes, you're right, 6-0! Was a superb away day that, non-stop singing for the full 90.
Things going well at Reading then on 20:49 - Jul 26 with 849 viewsSwansea_Blue

If that’s true it’s a shocking indictment. Consistently running at £40m+ per year loss is nuts. I wasn’t even aware they’d been spending on players. At least Derby had a decent squad a couple of years ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things going well at Reading then on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 851 viewsvanmunt

Things going well at Reading then on 16:31 - Jul 26 by homer_123

Yep, and that's not just football. I feel the same about Swindon.

Swindon was one of the greatest away games ever, hammered them 0-6 and had two ends/sides of fans. It is funny how certain games stick in the mind.
Things going well at Reading then on 07:10 - Jul 27 with 725 viewsLeaky

Things going well at Reading then on 20:50 - Jul 26 by vanmunt

Swindon was one of the greatest away games ever, hammered them 0-6 and had two ends/sides of fans. It is funny how certain games stick in the mind.

I remeber doing the conga out a pub & over the roundabout to the ground & in it. With a steward joining in. Great day out.
Things going well at Reading then on 08:26 - Jul 27 with 648 viewsChurchman

Things going well at Reading then on 17:28 - Jul 26 by Bobbychase

They could vanish off the football map completely and I wouldn't give it a thought. Tinpot club, awful stadium to get to and no atmosphere.

They are the ultimate in non. Even more so than Swindon, who at least have a history. If Reading disappear off the face of the earth I don’t think even the people of Reading will notice.
Things going well at Reading then on 10:05 - Jul 27 with 575 viewsloftboy

Things going well at Reading then on 08:26 - Jul 27 by Churchman

They are the ultimate in non. Even more so than Swindon, who at least have a history. If Reading disappear off the face of the earth I don’t think even the people of Reading will notice.

Having grown up in Bracknell I knew 2 Reading fans, the only time you went to Reading was on FA cup day if your team was knocked out and didn’t have a game.
I left Bracknell in 1990 and returned 25 years later to find that every man and his dog supported them! Most of them used to support other sides!
Hate them with a passion, they hang on about QPR as if we are their rivals as we both wear hoops , mention to them that during the 80’s they never wore hoops and they look at you with a vacant stare and I’ve even been called a liar.
They are on par with MK dons, the only thing they didn’t reinvent was their name.
Login to get fewer ads

Things going well at Reading then on 10:11 - Jul 27 with 563 viewsWeekender

Things going well at Reading then on 10:05 - Jul 27 by loftboy

Having grown up in Bracknell I knew 2 Reading fans, the only time you went to Reading was on FA cup day if your team was knocked out and didn’t have a game.
I left Bracknell in 1990 and returned 25 years later to find that every man and his dog supported them! Most of them used to support other sides!
Hate them with a passion, they hang on about QPR as if we are their rivals as we both wear hoops , mention to them that during the 80’s they never wore hoops and they look at you with a vacant stare and I’ve even been called a liar.
They are on par with MK dons, the only thing they didn’t reinvent was their name.

How is Andre getting on in pre season?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Things going well at Reading then on 10:22 - Jul 27 with 546 viewsBobbychase

Conversely, I think QPR are one of those sides a lot of neutrals wish well, I know I do. Decent heritage and holding your own despite London being carved up by increasingly "mega" clubs like Chelsea and Spurs. Always nice to go to a proper inner-city ground as well.

As someone said above, if Reading disappeared tomorrow, a lot of people in Reading itself probably wouldn't notice.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Things going well at Reading then on 10:33 - Jul 27 with 523 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Things going well at Reading then on 10:22 - Jul 27 by Bobbychase

Conversely, I think QPR are one of those sides a lot of neutrals wish well, I know I do. Decent heritage and holding your own despite London being carved up by increasingly "mega" clubs like Chelsea and Spurs. Always nice to go to a proper inner-city ground as well.

As someone said above, if Reading disappeared tomorrow, a lot of people in Reading itself probably wouldn't notice.

You feel like QPR are a proper old school club don't you, never begrudge them so much.

Wasn't Del Boy a QPR fan too?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Things going well at Reading then on 11:13 - Jul 27 with 500 viewspennyfathersleg

Things going well at Reading then on 16:35 - Jul 26 by BluedanW

Seems a far cry from that day travelling to see us stuff reading at Elm Park and 'Williams from the half way line"
First time I ever spent over £2 for a pint of lager.

One of my favourite ever aways games!
Things going well at Reading then on 11:47 - Jul 27 with 472 viewsyorkshireblue

I never knew that....

How weird. Hoops, up until 82/83 season > NO HOOPS > Back to hoops 10 years later.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Reading/Reading.htm
Things going well at Reading then on 12:51 - Jul 27 with 409 viewsMJallday

Things going well at Reading then on 16:24 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Good. Another club alongside Derby that should tumble down into the National League for a bit.

Worst away trip in the world. I'd rather get a Galloways to Pyongyang Athletic.

Pyongyang away used to be a decent trip.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024