Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... 10:23 - Jul 28 with 2415 viewsBloots

....to a maximum of 10 "high force" headers a week.

This includes headers from corners and crosses.

Sensible move or "thin end of the wedge"?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:25]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 13:00 - Jul 28 with 422 viewschicoazul

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 11:39 - Jul 28 by Bluefish

That would ruin Burley's sessions

I don't understand it, the ball is so different to how it was 20+ years ago and the game also involves less heading now. Heading was one of my specialities in the game so I loved it. Actually best not to use me as a test case or it will definitely be banned

Believe the ball travels a lot quicker now though which may offset the fact they aren’t basically lumps of leather with stitching anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 414 viewsBluefish

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 13:00 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

Believe the ball travels a lot quicker now though which may offset the fact they aren’t basically lumps of leather with stitching anymore.

Not generally an issue for heading though. The balls move quicker when shooting etc but you don't generally stick you nut on them. The old balls were a very different beast

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I mean, we joke, but..... on 13:09 - Jul 28 with 392 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I mean, we joke, but..... on 12:37 - Jul 28 by Keno

Yes it does and makes you wonder what the long term answer for a lot of sports will be.

Rugby does have a good head injury protocol in place, which I think football could learn from

This.

We've got to get our head injury protocols correct first and foremost as in football, they might as well not exist at all.

Head injury substitutions would seem to be the way to allow proper monitoring of players after a head injury, as opposed to physio on, player stands up, walks to touchline and then has to wait 10 seconds before coming back on. I think its a matter of time until we run into trouble with what we do now.

Also we need to look are restricting headers in the youth game, brains are most at risk from concussion type injuries whilst they are still developing, it would make good sense to see some form of restriction at U14 levels, in the same way rugby adopted 'touch rugby' to avoid serious injury in their kids.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Alternatively we could..... on 13:28 - Jul 28 with 371 viewsMerseyBlue

Alternatively we could..... on 12:58 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....look into bringing back the Cranial Screw Top Technique that was championed by Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr in the early 80's.

We could then remove the top of the skull with the minimum of fuss and fill the gaps in the head with expanding foam, thus reducing the amount of brain movement when heading the ball.

It's worth further investigation if you ask me.

Wish they'd brought that in last season, could have drastically improved a lot of our side.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 19:39 - Jul 28 with 309 viewsTrequartista

Surely if we are to apply the same standards to all sports, then boxing has to ban punches to the head?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Alternatively we could..... on 22:47 - Jul 28 with 280 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Alternatively we could..... on 12:58 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....look into bringing back the Cranial Screw Top Technique that was championed by Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr in the early 80's.

We could then remove the top of the skull with the minimum of fuss and fill the gaps in the head with expanding foam, thus reducing the amount of brain movement when heading the ball.

It's worth further investigation if you ask me.

Fix and Fill Jagielka for Centre half, anyone?
"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 23:18 - Jul 28 with 276 viewsvilanovablue

The issue here is most of the research is based on quite old data. As with any sport involving the head we do need caution, I do wonder if advances in ball technology may have made the situation less dangerous. I have no science or data to back this up.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 23:20]
"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 00:00 - Jul 29 with 253 viewsKropotkin123

I think heading should be banned. I realise I'm in the minority on this one though.

I think in years to come, this generation will also have brain injuries further down the line. Hard to prove this until case studies appear 20-30 years down the line with modern footballs.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 06:00 - Jul 29 with 228 viewsBryanPlug

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 11:39 - Jul 28 by Bluefish

That would ruin Burley's sessions

I don't understand it, the ball is so different to how it was 20+ years ago and the game also involves less heading now. Heading was one of my specialities in the game so I loved it. Actually best not to use me as a test case or it will definitely be banned

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 07:06 - Jul 29 with 218 viewsPlums

"Heading" to be limited in training sessions..... on 00:00 - Jul 29 by Kropotkin123

I think heading should be banned. I realise I'm in the minority on this one though.

I think in years to come, this generation will also have brain injuries further down the line. Hard to prove this until case studies appear 20-30 years down the line with modern footballs.

I’m inclined to agree. It is foot ball after all.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024