Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another one 21:50 - Aug 9 with 5478 viewsPompey1234

As a pompey fan I'm never surprised I've seen it all.
Michael Jacobs must be gutted considering he agreed personal terms with Ipswich and passed a medical. (I was surprised by that mind you, ipswich may want to check their medical procedures)
Paul Cook must do what's right for his present employer and that may be cut throat but that's yhe way of yhe business.
On the other hand it has been a time wasting exercise. It doesn't look good on ipswich.
Given that, the Morrell situation is just another one of those moves by a club. If you sign him , good luck to him and you.
If does make for an interesting atmosphere in Oct for Cook and yourselves at Fritton.ill look forward to the game,certainly pompey will look to not only be vociferous but obviously put one over you.
I notice on the Morrell link that you have as many morons as us. It just makes the game extra interesting.
Good luck in the season apart from against us of course.
This is getting habitual , stop it will you ;-)
Regards
A pompey fam
Another one on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 4943 viewsJ2BLUE

Hopefully as Cook says the Portsmouth fans will be the 12th man

...for the opposition

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another one on 21:54 - Aug 9 with 4866 viewschrismakin

Weve had players rock up for medicals and then choose another club. So it's nothing major for the club to do it. If a top target becomes available then youd be stupid not to change things.

There are some bells on twitter etc. Just excited tho by what we could do which is fair after 14 years of sht.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 21:59]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Another one on 21:55 - Aug 9 with 4842 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Please provide evidence that he had passed a medical.

I presume you are pleased to hang on to a player you wanted a fee for.

Good luck to him with you.

In what way is "the Morrell situation is just another one of those moves by a club"?

How do you know Ipswich did not show interest in him at the same time as Portsmouth first did? Just because Ipswich have not been playing out their transfer dealings in public, doesn't mean we haven't been in for at least 15+ players.

I hope you have a good season (although not as good as ours).

You are right to acknowledge all clubs have their share of moronic fans.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another one on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 4718 viewsJ2BLUE

Another one on 21:55 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please provide evidence that he had passed a medical.

I presume you are pleased to hang on to a player you wanted a fee for.

Good luck to him with you.

In what way is "the Morrell situation is just another one of those moves by a club"?

How do you know Ipswich did not show interest in him at the same time as Portsmouth first did? Just because Ipswich have not been playing out their transfer dealings in public, doesn't mean we haven't been in for at least 15+ players.

I hope you have a good season (although not as good as ours).

You are right to acknowledge all clubs have their share of moronic fans.

Cowley said he had passed the medical.

Truly impaired.

Another one on 22:01 - Aug 9 with 4690 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another one on 22:00 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Cowley said he had passed the medical.

That is the full extent of the evidence?

Another one on 22:07 - Aug 9 with 4564 viewspointofblue

It works the other way as well - if we believe those in the know Sonny Bradley strung us along to extract a better package out of Luton. Players use clubs as much as clubs use players; that’s the way of football.

Best of luck for the season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another one on 22:14 - Aug 9 with 4424 viewsgtsb1966

Another one on 21:54 - Aug 9 by chrismakin

Weve had players rock up for medicals and then choose another club. So it's nothing major for the club to do it. If a top target becomes available then youd be stupid not to change things.

There are some bells on twitter etc. Just excited tho by what we could do which is fair after 14 years of sht.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 21:59]

Under no circumstances is it acceptable to use the term "rock up" on this forum. Consider yourself told
Another one on 22:15 - Aug 9 with 4394 viewsChurchman

It’s the way it goes these days. Players are out for what they can get and clubs are looking to do what’s best for themselves. We’ve been mugged over time after time for years. Those days are hopefully over.

As for Fratton in October, I doubt it’ll be any more hostile than usual. Proper supporters, Portsmouth and they always make it rough for the opposition.

After ourselves, good luck next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Another one on 23:04 - Aug 9 with 3994 viewsTrumptonBlue

Another one on 22:01 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

He's unlikely to have a copy of the doctor's certificate, to be fair.
Another one on 23:14 - Aug 9 with 3886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another one on 23:04 - Aug 9 by TrumptonBlue

He's unlikely to have a copy of the doctor's certificate, to be fair.

My point is that Cowley saying it when he is clearly disappointed with the outcome is not necessarily the best and most impartial evidence.

Maybe it is true, maybe it isn't.

Portsmouth fans to seem to think it unlikely that he would have passed a medical.

Why, do we think, have nearly all our transfer dealings been kept quiet until the deal is done but not this one? Maybe talking with Jacobs and outlining the expectations for the community aspect of the expectations did not convince Ashton?

My point is that without hearing the whole story I would hesitate to accept the comments of Cowley as the full story.

Another one on 23:27 - Aug 9 with 3784 viewsJ2BLUE

Quite an odd thing to lie about isn't it? He was at the club and Phil said he expected him to sign that day so it's not exactly a massive stretch is it?

Truly impaired.

Another one on 23:35 - Aug 9 with 3723 viewspointofblue

Another one on 23:14 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

My point is that Cowley saying it when he is clearly disappointed with the outcome is not necessarily the best and most impartial evidence.

Maybe it is true, maybe it isn't.

Portsmouth fans to seem to think it unlikely that he would have passed a medical.

Why, do we think, have nearly all our transfer dealings been kept quiet until the deal is done but not this one? Maybe talking with Jacobs and outlining the expectations for the community aspect of the expectations did not convince Ashton?

My point is that without hearing the whole story I would hesitate to accept the comments of Cowley as the full story.

Ashton has already said we’ve got four or five targets for each position. Jacobs was one but Edwards seemingly higher up in the food chain. With the way we dithered over getting the former signed up we either had doubts or felt one of the higher targets could become available, as has happened.

Another one on 23:41 - Aug 9 with 3650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another one on 23:27 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Quite an odd thing to lie about isn't it? He was at the club and Phil said he expected him to sign that day so it's not exactly a massive stretch is it?

Cowley is clearly not happy. I would simply hesitate to take everything he says as the whole story without knowing both sides of it.

It is, of course, perfectly possible that terms were agreed, he passed the medical and signed the contract and then we said, actually no. If that is the case, then I can understand the disappointment and it would not look good on our part.

However, there are other possibilities.

Another one on 23:44 - Aug 9 with 3609 viewspointofblue

Another one on 23:41 - Aug 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Cowley is clearly not happy. I would simply hesitate to take everything he says as the whole story without knowing both sides of it.

It is, of course, perfectly possible that terms were agreed, he passed the medical and signed the contract and then we said, actually no. If that is the case, then I can understand the disappointment and it would not look good on our part.

However, there are other possibilities.

I don’t think he would have signed the contract as I don’t think we could pull out of it then - more like terms were verbally agreed but never put to him to sign. At that point it must have been obvious to Portsmouth, Jacobs and his agent that something was afoot.

But we’ve got to do what’s right for the club, just as Portsmouth have to do the best for them and Jacobs the best for him.

Another one on 08:07 - Aug 10 with 3031 viewsOwainG1992

Come on now. Bit petulant this response.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Another one on 08:23 - Aug 10 with 2917 viewsWD19

Another one on 21:51 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Hopefully as Cook says the Portsmouth fans will be the 12th man

...for the opposition

Meh.
Another one on 08:35 - Aug 10 with 2824 viewsCrockerITFC

To quote our former leader Roy Keane: "Stick it up ye b0llox"
Another one on 08:51 - Aug 10 with 2697 viewsArnieM

It’s very rare that ITFC can be accused of shafting a player or a club….it’s historically been the other wa6 round. But always fair in love and business ….so maybe put this one down to a rare mistake . No prizes for coming second, and for once I’m pleased my Club has at last shown some balls in trying compete for players . Historically again, we NEVER do. Maybe the days of “soft touch Ipswich Town “ are finally over. Amen to that!

COYBs

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Another one on 09:43 - Aug 10 with 2556 viewsTractorCam

Well you got Morrell at least!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Another one on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 2489 viewsWickets

Yup good post Bud .
Another one on 11:14 - Aug 10 with 2331 viewsPompey1234

Another one on 09:43 - Aug 10 by TractorCam

Well you got Morrell at least!

Yeah, it's been a bit weird.
From our end, it had looked like Cook had shafted Jacobs who he had at Wigan and sold to pompey and jumped ahead of us in the race for Morrell at yhe same time.
At the 11th hour it seems Morrell decided he wanted to link up with cowley again.
Luton Town had received a better offer from Ipswich but both offers were more than they paid for him and they stood by their word yo both portsmouth and Morrell.
I was certainly pleased to see he'd signed for us this morning.

I have watched as a succession of first team players have walked out the door with fans wondering just how they are going to be replaced?
The facts are in Gassan, a loan from your neighbour (scored 8 in 4 games, two of which he was subbed at half time) and marquis we have a real threat up front. Curtis, harness and Jacobs are probably the most gifted threesome in the league. Now with Morrell tunnicliffe and Williams we have 3 central midfielders. Johnson at Rb and signing of Ogilvie, the gills player of yhe season the shrewdish piece of business . We signed Robertson from Rotherham as cb and their player of the year. We missed out on Edmondson to you of course but actually pompey are going by under the radar. Cowley is honest and his football is good to watch. He plays 4231 like most teams. But we have played 433 as well.
It was great to see Ipswich get owners who want better things for the team. It's a new pressure this year with Cook at the helm. Talking football he makes no bones and is refreshingly obvious. I enjoyed his total football even if it did take until January to sort out when we won the league 2 title. He won 17 of the last 18 games.
For that he will always be remembered. His downfall was the drink culture that he also brought and the hard nose uncaring nature that sometimes drags the good name of a club through murky waters.
The Jacobs saga has his handprint all over it. Some fans won't see what's wrong with it, others will loathe the fact their club is being less than the shining light.
All will bow down to the results. Just one thing though Paul Cook lost his job with us after we were promoted for the clubs name. He is not bigger than the club.
I thought he got mistreated but understood why we let him go.maybe just maybe the pompey, Ipswich saga has more roots than the clubs,
Whatever, have a great season
Another one on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 2257 viewsFrankMarshall

Another one on 11:14 - Aug 10 by Pompey1234

From our end, it had looked like Cook had shafted Jacobs who he had at Wigan and sold to pompey and jumped ahead of us in the race for Morrell at yhe same time.
At the 11th hour it seems Morrell decided he wanted to link up with cowley again.
Luton Town had received a better offer from Ipswich but both offers were more than they paid for him and they stood by their word yo both portsmouth and Morrell.

I have watched as a succession of first team players have walked out the door with fans wondering just how they are going to be replaced?
The facts are in Gassan, a loan from your neighbour (scored 8 in 4 games, two of which he was subbed at half time) and marquis we have a real threat up front. Curtis, harness and Jacobs are probably the most gifted threesome in the league. Now with Morrell tunnicliffe and Williams we have 3 central midfielders. Johnson at Rb and signing of Ogilvie, the gills player of yhe season the shrewdish piece of business . We signed Robertson from Rotherham as cb and their player of the year. We missed out on Edmondson to you of course but actually pompey are going by under the radar. Cowley is honest and his football is good to watch. He plays 4231 like most teams. But we have played 433 as well.
It was great to see Ipswich get owners who want better things for the team. It's a new pressure this year with Cook at the helm. Talking football he makes no bones and is refreshingly obvious. I enjoyed his total football even if it did take until January to sort out when we won the league 2 title. He won 17 of the last 18 games.
For that he will always be remembered. His downfall was the drink culture that he also brought and the hard nose uncaring nature that sometimes drags the good name of a club through murky waters.
The Jacobs saga has his handprint all over it. Some fans won't see what's wrong with it, others will loathe the fact their club is being less than the shining light.
All will bow down to the results. Just one thing though Paul Cook lost his job with us after we were promoted for the clubs name. He is not bigger than the club.
I thought he got mistreated but understood why we let him go.maybe just maybe the pompey, Ipswich saga has more roots than the clubs,

You've got an abundance of strikers by the looks of things=

Ahadme
Marquis
Reid
Harrison
Hackett-Fairchild
Hirst

Surely one of them needs to move on so you can free up space in the rest of the squad.

Frank Marshall

Another one on 12:05 - Aug 10 with 2074 viewspointofblue

Another one on 11:14 - Aug 10 by Pompey1234

I thought Paul Cook left Portsmouth for Wigan rather than losing his job at Fratton Park? And of course he left Chesterfield for Portsmouth in the first place so there can be no illusions that he won’t jump ship for something “better” if it comes along.

I don’t think it was necessarily the eleventh hour with Morrell - going off the Portsmouth News your deal with him was better than ours. We wanted him as cover, you wanted him as a first teamer. He made the sensible choice for his career.

Best of luck for the season. There seems to be some needle between the two clubs now but maybe that’s always going happen between sides fighting for the same players in the transfer market.

Another one on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 2029 viewsPompey1234

Another one on 11:27 - Aug 10 by FrankMarshall

You've got an abundance of strikers by the looks of things=

Ahadme
Marquis
Reid
Harrison
Hackett-Fairchild
Hirst

Surely one of them needs to move on so you can free up space in the rest of the squad.

Harrison going to Sheffield wed or Oxford. Promised alot, delivered very little
Another one on 12:22 - Aug 10 with 1991 viewsPompey1234

Another one on 12:05 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

I thought Paul Cook left Portsmouth for Wigan rather than losing his job at Fratton Park? And of course he left Chesterfield for Portsmouth in the first place so there can be no illusions that he won’t jump ship for something “better” if it comes along.

I don’t think it was necessarily the eleventh hour with Morrell - going off the Portsmouth News your deal with him was better than ours. We wanted him as cover, you wanted him as a first teamer. He made the sensible choice for his career.

Best of luck for the season. There seems to be some needle between the two clubs now but maybe that’s always going happen between sides fighting for the same players in the transfer market.

Paul Cook jumped before he was pushed out completely but the owners had counted Kenny jacket for sometime. That made pc's position untenable..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024