Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Team 14:02 - Aug 14 with 3224 viewsGuthrum

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Team on 14:17 - Aug 14 with 837 viewsbilllm

The Team on 14:10 - Aug 14 by Dyland

Fed up with it, and have been for years. I find it really hard to accept.

Totally agree,
The Team on 14:17 - Aug 14 with 838 viewsjayessess

The Team on 14:10 - Aug 14 by Guthrum

Or held in reserve for Tuesday?

No chance.
We won't be rotating for league matches at this point, if we were we'd pick the stronger lineup for today, not Tuesday, and the rotated players would still be on the bench.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Team on 14:18 - Aug 14 with 833 viewsGuthrum

The Team on 14:14 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

I would be amazed if that’s true. Jackson in ahead of either of them, when we’re trying to bed a new team in???

Perhaps Jackson is back in the fold?

Also, does Cook have a vision of a First Team plus reserves, or a wider squad from which the matchday 18 is drawn depending upon tactics and the opposition?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Team on 14:18 - Aug 14 with 825 viewsCuffy81

The Team on 14:15 - Aug 14 by JackSted

Definitely something wrong with our club. 6 injuries and we’re only 3 games in

To be fair, Edmundson turned up injured (not sure about the medical)
The Team on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 782 viewschicoazul

The Team on 14:13 - Aug 14 by Dyland

It's the Curse

Mad innit. They must have sacrificed children at Playford during the Palaeolithic.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Team on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 777 viewsjayessess

The Team on 14:15 - Aug 14 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Have I missed the information where it was reported they were injured or just a collective assumption?

Nsiala, Edmundson, Nolan, Norwood are all on record. Chaplin and Burns, I can't see any other explanation really. No chance they've been rotated or dropped out of the 18 entirely.

No Aluko either, but perhaps that's just because he was so far off it on Tuesday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Team on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 771 viewsRegencyBlue

The Team on 14:14 - Aug 14 by azuremerlangus

Not sure about Chaplin but Burns didn’t set the world alight for me last Saturday.

He got better as the game went on for me but I must admit I didn’t see so much in his performance as others seemed to.
The Team on 14:22 - Aug 14 with 759 viewschicoazul

The Team on 14:18 - Aug 14 by Guthrum

Perhaps Jackson is back in the fold?

Also, does Cook have a vision of a First Team plus reserves, or a wider squad from which the matchday 18 is drawn depending upon tactics and the opposition?

Even if both or either of those things are true I would still be amazed. And concerned!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

The Team on 14:23 - Aug 14 with 753 viewsSomethingBlue

The Team on 14:12 - Aug 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

That was what I thought. We've enough quality in that area now, we can rotate without weakening in my opinion and give two players new to the area a chance to get settled.

Don't think that's the case sadly, much as it's a lovely idea.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Team on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 738 viewsTrequartista

The squad, and the signings, are top-heavy with attacking players. If 2 midfielders or 2 strikers pick up injuries, we have plenty of cover, 2 defenders are injured and that looks an incredibly weak defence.

We've lost 5 {Ward, Kenlock (effectively), Chambers, Wilson and McGuinness} from last season and replaced them with 3.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The Team on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 726 viewsPhilTWTD

The Team on 14:14 - Aug 14 by azuremerlangus

Not sure about Chaplin but Burns didn’t set the world alight for me last Saturday.

Burns is injured and I think the same for Chaplin.
The Team on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 718 viewsDyland

The Team on 14:21 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

Mad innit. They must have sacrificed children at Playford during the Palaeolithic.

I think Magic cursed Evans, and Evans is still involved innit...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Team on 14:30 - Aug 14 with 663 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The Team on 14:16 - Aug 14 by Robbie12345

You would have thought they would at least be on the bench though

Maybe they've tested positive? No less likely than being injured and flying into a panic about the 'state' of our club.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Team on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 651 viewschicoazul

The Team on 14:24 - Aug 14 by Trequartista

The squad, and the signings, are top-heavy with attacking players. If 2 midfielders or 2 strikers pick up injuries, we have plenty of cover, 2 defenders are injured and that looks an incredibly weak defence.

We've lost 5 {Ward, Kenlock (effectively), Chambers, Wilson and McGuinness} from last season and replaced them with 3.

True. This Accrington fella sounds good though and it sounds like a done deal. I’m sure Edmundson will be back soon. We look a lot stronger then.

The Team on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 647 viewsRyorry

The Team on 14:06 - Aug 14 by billlm

We're a bloody joke when it comes to that,

Of all areas, we can't expect that side of things to turn around instantly. It's a work in progress with players' conditioning & fitness.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Team on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 645 viewschicoazul

The Team on 14:25 - Aug 14 by Dyland

I think Magic cursed Evans, and Evans is still involved innit...

Haha!

The Team on 15:07 - Aug 14 with 535 viewsTrequartista

The Team on 14:32 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

True. This Accrington fella sounds good though and it sounds like a done deal. I’m sure Edmundson will be back soon. We look a lot stronger then.

Yeah it was observation rather than a gripe. The Accrington fella and another CM should be enough.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The Team on 15:09 - Aug 14 with 521 viewschicoazul

The Team on 15:07 - Aug 14 by Trequartista

Yeah it was observation rather than a gripe. The Accrington fella and another CM should be enough.

Watson and Ham reckon we’re gonna get 2 more CMs! Imagine one would be a young loanee.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024