Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? 13:06 - Aug 20 with 5299 viewsSitfcB

Bizarre.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-new

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:03 - Aug 20 with 1190 viewsBasuco

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:06 - Aug 20 by jayessess

You can't just put this deeply irresponsible stuff out there, then wash your hands of it because you say "I'm just asking questions". The unwarranted questions asked by the German and French press had a dramatic effect on vaccine take-up in those countries which will have cost 1000s of lives. If you put stuff like this out there, people will act on it.

You should always question whether people are who they say they are on social media. And, again, a family member dying doesn't magically make you a virologist.

"Experts" have not "regularly changed their opinions" on the safety of these vaccines. The institutions and companies producing and regulating these vaccines have taken them through the processes required to demonstrate their safety for the public. They've been giving them to the public and getting yet more data for months now. There is no evidence that these vaccines have side-effects which are epidemiologically significant and no evidence that anyone is trying to suppress the truth about what happened to this lad. That's it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:13]

My neighbour had the Janssen vaccine around 12 - 14 month's ago along with a number of other people, it is being closely monitored.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 1188 viewsPinewoodblue

You have to wonder how many Town players are unvaccinated.

Do any unvaccinated players, not in the matchday squad, have to comply with the same stadium rules as the rest of us?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 1170 viewsBasuco

Very bizarre, when you think that as part of their job they regularly huddle together with their own team mates and even more regularly get very close with opposition players at set pieces. There is plenty of opportunity to spread the virus during every game. Madness for them not to get vaccinated.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:35 - Aug 20 with 1162 viewsRedX

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:35 - Aug 20 by SPEX_Blue

Classic do your own research line

Not at all. I outlined the case fairly clearly. It seems they didn’t even bother checking the link going on the replies I got. At no time have I suggested it was an anti-vaccine post either.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 1150 viewsSPEX_Blue

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:35 - Aug 20 by RedX

Not at all. I outlined the case fairly clearly. It seems they didn’t even bother checking the link going on the replies I got. At no time have I suggested it was an anti-vaccine post either.

You literally said do your research lmao
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 18:00 - Aug 20 with 1136 viewsRedX

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 17:45 - Aug 20 by SPEX_Blue

You literally said do your research lmao

Good man.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 1067 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:58 - Aug 20 by RedX

There was a young footballer named Roy Butler from Ireland passed away recently, just three days after receiving the Janssen vaccine. He died from a Brain hemorrhage. It's not being reported in the Irish media as vaccine related(as of yet) and the news comes only days after Ireland have stopped ordering anymore of the AZ and Janssen vaccines.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/tributes-pour-after-former-w

Roy's family members have been posting on social media that he was suffering severe headaches within hours of his vaccine. He died three days later in hospital. I can't say whether it was connected to his jab or not, but conversation should be had rather than not reporting it because it has caused a lot of worry for people.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:01]

Unfortunately people die of brain haemorrhages. There will be analysis of numbers of people suffering from different conditions and where there is statistical variance from the norm, further investigation will take place. I had a headache for an hour after my first dose of AZ. I had different side effects after my second.

The fact that there may be side effects (and even if some do turn out to be quite serious) should not be reason for people to be anti-vax. Even a scientific report based on a complete misrepresentation of data on vaccines had a massive impact on MMR take up. Don't spread gossip and hearsay as if it has as great (let alone greater) weight than the analysis of experts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 1030 viewsBlueBadger

I think it's simply because a lot of footballers are quite thick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 06:49 - Aug 21 with 977 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:55 - Aug 20 by RedX

Are you telling me that there has been no fatalities or people suffering with severe side-effects after taking a vaccine?

Questioning whether it was a family member that put up messages on social media?Maybe do your research and you won't be so dismissive.

You call my post "deeply, deeply irresponsible" despite me cleary stating "I can't say whether it was connected to his jab" in my earlier post? Are you one of these people that think people should just keep their mouths shut and not have an opinion? Many experts are changing their opinion very regularly

I'm fully vaccinated as all my family are. So don't be responding to me like I'm some off the wall conspiracy theorist.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:04]

mY oPiNiOnS aRe JuSt As ImPorTaNt As ThE eXpErTs

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 07:39 - Aug 21 with 972 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 16:06 - Aug 20 by jayessess

You can't just put this deeply irresponsible stuff out there, then wash your hands of it because you say "I'm just asking questions". The unwarranted questions asked by the German and French press had a dramatic effect on vaccine take-up in those countries which will have cost 1000s of lives. If you put stuff like this out there, people will act on it.

You should always question whether people are who they say they are on social media. And, again, a family member dying doesn't magically make you a virologist.

"Experts" have not "regularly changed their opinions" on the safety of these vaccines. The institutions and companies producing and regulating these vaccines have taken them through the processes required to demonstrate their safety for the public. They've been giving them to the public and getting yet more data for months now. There is no evidence that these vaccines have side-effects which are epidemiologically significant and no evidence that anyone is trying to suppress the truth about what happened to this lad. That's it.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:13]

I’ve missed a bit here, but there clearly are some issues with how people react to the vaccine - I know 2 people who have reacted terribly with the blood clots on their lungs.

A mate spent two weeks in hospital after it, and I guy I know who often does corporate at Ipswich I spoke to at Morecambe game and he’s basically been told now (after weeks in hospital and losing loads of weight) if one of his blood clots displaces he’ll likely drop dead. All caused by the jab.

The fact I know 2 people means there are going to be a lot affected in this way, or more realistically a lot who know someone badly affected.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 07:41 - Aug 21 with 966 viewsfabian_illness

Considering the special treatment footballers got during the height of the pandemic, being able to do something they enjoy and get well paid for, while everyone else were subject to very strict rules and regulations, shows how aloof these lads are.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 08:59 - Aug 21 with 908 viewsArnieM

Coz they’re thick or selfish . Probably both .
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 9:00]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 891 viewsMattinLondon

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 07:41 - Aug 21 by fabian_illness

Considering the special treatment footballers got during the height of the pandemic, being able to do something they enjoy and get well paid for, while everyone else were subject to very strict rules and regulations, shows how aloof these lads are.

The football season continuing allowed many people to concentrate on something other than kids, staying at home etc etc which all affected mental health. It allowed a sense of ‘normality’.

Im guessing most footballers know how fortunate they are but it’s fashionable amongst some to label them as ‘thick’ or ‘aloof’.
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 890 viewsjayessess

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 07:39 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I’ve missed a bit here, but there clearly are some issues with how people react to the vaccine - I know 2 people who have reacted terribly with the blood clots on their lungs.

A mate spent two weeks in hospital after it, and I guy I know who often does corporate at Ipswich I spoke to at Morecambe game and he’s basically been told now (after weeks in hospital and losing loads of weight) if one of his blood clots displaces he’ll likely drop dead. All caused by the jab.

The fact I know 2 people means there are going to be a lot affected in this way, or more realistically a lot who know someone badly affected.

The last sentence doesn't really follow. I don't know anyone who's had bad side effects, but neither of our experiences is statistically significant. The firms and governments involved in licencing this stuff have been tracking vaccine safety throughout the rollout and now have millions of data points, they do not currently have any concerns about statistically significant levels of mortality or morbidity related to vaccines.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 9:11]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 858 viewspointofblue

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 09:10 - Aug 21 by jayessess

The last sentence doesn't really follow. I don't know anyone who's had bad side effects, but neither of our experiences is statistically significant. The firms and governments involved in licencing this stuff have been tracking vaccine safety throughout the rollout and now have millions of data points, they do not currently have any concerns about statistically significant levels of mortality or morbidity related to vaccines.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 9:11]

No but a minority of people do have a reaction to the jab. This is no different to any vaccination which is why it’s rightly still being rolled out but young, fit and healthy people may feel a bit wary and nervous of having it as the side effects may seem more dramatic to them than Covid itself. They may have the mentality that Covid will just be like a cold or flu for a week which is preferable to a brain haemorrhage. Of course, severe Covid is more likely than a brain haemorrhage but it’s hard to shake off that viewpoint; I was nervous about getting the vaccine for that reason even though I’ve now had both.

ETA - when he’s well enough to do it, I wonder if Darlow’s interview might have an impact?

Second edit - apologies for the source but Darlow has done an interview: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9914205/Newcastle-goalkeeper-
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 10:20]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 805 viewsVic

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 15:25 - Aug 20 by jayessess

Conversations about vaccine safety have been had and are being had all the time by people with actual scientific expertise, so I'm not sure what more you think un-informed speculation, rumour and panic is going to add to that "conversation".

I knew a very fit, athletic 26 year old who died a few days after having one of the jabs. Given the amount of times this has happened it seems to me that there is almost is certainly some link between the two things. Each case in incredibly sad.

However, given the amount of vaccines given here and around the world the incidents of death are minuscule compared to the benefits for society in general. It feels like a really, really heartless thing to say, but at the end of the day it’s cost benefit equation, with benefit for society outweighing the cost in this situation.

So to focus and give mega attention to these tragic cases would not be helpful

I almost hesitate to air this opinion and truly hope it doesn’t offend anyone, but it seems to be the sad reality.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 13:51 - Aug 21 with 764 viewsphillymark

Similar issue here with American athletes (though the Atlanta Falcons just announced that 100% of their players and staff are vaccinated).

I think it's a mix of 4 things in no particular order

1) Worried that side effects could sideline you for a few days
2) Being incredible fit, feeling that COVID would not be too dangerous
3) Lack of education - most athletes are not university educated - I know that sounds arrogant, but there is a correlation between vaccination levels and amount of education
4) bullsh*t male machismo
I wonder why footballers are refusing to get the vaccine? on 14:17 - Aug 21 with 753 viewsStewart27

No different than any body else refusing. I guess footballers are perceived to be a little simple so makes a degree of sense I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024